Militant Aborigines embrace Islam

Discussion in 'World Events' started by odin, Mar 1, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. odin Registered Senior Member

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. spookz Banned Banned

kill them. i am tired of fundies treating me like dirt

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. hypewaders Save Changes Registered Senior Member

From the linked article: "it gives me strength to endure and not lash out at all the things that we've been through".

How scary :bugeye:

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. odin Registered Senior Member

Where is Adam this is his domain.

8. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

adam had a fight with xev and quit

9. odin Registered Senior Member

Hi Asguard your opinion will do you live there.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

10. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

my opinion is good for them, everyone has the right to chose what they belive in

11. odin Registered Senior Member

Asguard

I agree with you!

12. spookz Banned Banned

his domain? i champion these freaks in a very vociferous manner. the abo's are mine !

13. Mr. G reality.sys Valued Senior Member

Militant, Islamist Aborigines: in Adam's immediate neighborhood, no less.

Proof-positive the Universe has a most perverse, albeit emmensely satisfying sense of humor (beyond the usual, traditional, faith-based issues).

14. The Marquis Only want the best for Nigel Valued Senior Member

I'm having a bit of a chuckle over it myself

15. adam2314 Registered Senior Member

A cleft stick situation here...

You give them the right to believe in what they want to...

They want you to believe in their belief " or else "...

16. Eman Resu Registered Senior Member

Same with any American point of view ... Choose freedom - or else!

17. Tadpole_Terror Registered Senior Member

Maybe the ADF had a good reason to concentrate more spending on combatting terrorism after all, eh adam? lol You know what they say, aboriginies.. <FONT COLOR=BLACK><FONT SIZE=1><FONT FACE="TIMES NEW ROMAN"><I>you can't live with 'em, you can't stop 'em from embracing militant islam! </I></FONT></FONT></FONT> *grin*

Honestly though, it's hard to place any freedom above "freedom of religion". If they want to dump "dreamtime" for "muslim" great for them. It's a different story when buildings start blowing up in the name of "allah".

18. hypewaders Save Changes Registered Senior Member

Treat 'em right, no worries.

19. Tadpole_Terror Registered Senior Member

Yeah, make sure you dress your daughters in burkas, bow your knees to allah and surrender any freedoms which aren't allowed by the koran... anything less isn't "treating 'em right".

20. hypewaders Save Changes Registered Senior Member

Living 18 years in the Middle East and in 3 Muslim-majority countries, I was never pressured to do any of the above. They treated me right.

21. The Marquis Only want the best for Nigel Valued Senior Member

Does your "good for them" include the ones who are turning to Islam because it's "empowering" as well, Asguard? Not because they believe in god, but because they feel empowered? Does it include the militant ones who seemed to be the focus of that story?

I have nothing against Muslim aboriginals (find it rather amusing actually, and wonder if they'd stay muslim if courts ruled they weren't eligible for land rights after having severed ties with their ancestry...). I do have something against people who become muslim for reasons other than religion... It seems to be percieved as a religion which condones violence and revenge, and regardless of whether this is the truth or not, some are turning to it in the belief that it is so. It appears to be a problem the muslim community should address in more detail.

22. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

i agree with you

religion is not politics (i wish the yanks would work that out when they say "oh there just religious fanatics") but then we also dont santure people for there politics either, not here at least

rember pauline hanson?, apart from the major political partys who put her on the botom of there how to vote cards

so still what right do we have to judge?

do we ridicul people for belonging to the, um damit i cant rember the other shoters party (not the sporting shoters party)

23. The Marquis Only want the best for Nigel Valued Senior Member

Hmm.. Pauline Hanson is a tricky subject. While the woman herself was a racist (I don't think there is much doubt of that) her policies were dismissed for ad hominem reasons, ie. if the woman is racist, her policies must also be racist.

Some of them no doubt were. Others were worth considering. She was against, for example, the separation of educational grants for aboriginals. Here in Australia we have austudy (an education allowance for students) and abstudy (an education allowance for aboriginals). Why the separation? Some argue it's because they have differing needs.. and yet they are both administered by the same public service branch, using very similar grant rules. Others argue that separating the two is more racist than having a single education grant which does not discriminate between black, and everyone else. Such a policy would be more anti-racist than anything, in my view.

Perhaps this type of legal separation between aboriginals and everyone else, is adding fuel to the fire, causing them to see themselves as being "different" while attempting to help? Perhaps some of Hanson's policies wouldnt have been so bad after all.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.