Freemasonry

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by Adam, Feb 7, 2003.

1. Adam §Þ@ç€ MØnk€¥ Registered Senior Member

We were going through my dead grandfather's things, sorting it all out, and found his little black case of freemason stuff. In it was his silly little blue apron, his membership certificate, s bunch of little bits and pieces, and... their funky little weirdo bible. Basically is has all their little rituals and secrets and such, but uses single letters to indicate many things, and leaves certain words out (just an underlined space) so as not to give away the important stuff. It has passages such as: "What do you do with a K, S, and P?" and "You can tell a member of the order because he knows the _____ part of a triangle means X and D are on ______." All very secretive. Sort of interesting.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. odin Registered Senior Member

Thats very interesting Adam,if you find out any more I would like to hear about it.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

Masonic tradition is mostly unwritten, and is passed down by word of mouth. Masons are expected to memorize the various rituals.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. wesmorris Nerd Overlord - we(s):1 of N Valued Senior Member

No doubt man, what a freakshow! Did you know he was a mason? Are you one now? Hrmph. How do they 'recruit' I wonder. Those kinds of organizations are so secretive and ancient that they're definately interesting. I've gotten on a few stints of research regarding those types, illuminati, blah bah... every time I checked into it I ended up at this site: http://www.subgenius.com

I was then so entertained by that site that I forgot what I was looking for in the first place. Sounds like their plot of secrecy was quite effective on me. Dastardly bastards!

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

8. jps Valued Senior Member

http://www.nymasons.org/

I have to say they really don't sound all that menacing to me. All you have to do to join is be a male and be willing to put up with an initiation period basically.
    More like an ancient fraternity than anything else really.

9. Persol I am the great and mighty Zo. Registered Senior Member

Yeah, it's mostly a networking thing. They sponser youth groups like DeMolay, and alot of the members join the Masons when they are of age.

10. wesmorris Nerd Overlord - we(s):1 of N Valued Senior Member

I'm sure you guys are right but it's much more entertaining for me to think of the whole thing as mysterious. Come on, doesn't anyone have any good masonic conspiracy dish? Okay I'll drop it. It's not a fraternity thats mystery is only exceded by its power. I concede the point to your superior, although less amusing argument.

11. Persol I am the great and mighty Zo. Registered Senior Member

Would it make you feel better if I tell you that most of our main lodges are right next to city halls?
    Or that we have secret handshakes and passwords?
    Maybe the fact that a good percentage of poiliticans are affiliated in one way or another?

If that doesn't help I can start making stuff up

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

12. Adam §Þ@ç€ MØnk€¥ Registered Senior Member

I've known for many years that my father's father was a freemason, it's just that we only found his case of stuff yesterday. I'm not one. You have to be a believer in all that god stuff to be a freemason, so I don't meet their requirements.

13. Eman Resu Registered Senior Member

As hard as it is to believe in this day and age I understand it to be an organization strictly of good will toward all.