Is there such thing as god giving you a sign in your dreams?

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by Shin555, Feb 5, 2003.

1. Shin555 What the shit? Registered Senior Member

About 4 months ago i had a wierd dream. Not only was it wierd because i don't normally dream but it seemed so real. I have had deja vue (excuse the spelling) dreams in the past but theres something odd about this one.

I don't want to give any more details, because i may look like a fool.

I wnat to know if its possible first, is it??

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. New Life Registered Senior Member

it sure is possible! God told Joseph to flee to Egypt in a dream! The best way to figure out if it is of God is to go to the scriptures and see if it agrees with the bible, cause if it doesnt then its not from God

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. spacemanspiff czar of things Registered Senior Member

if there is an omnipotent being called God, i'm sure if he wants to talk to you in your dreams he can.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Xev Registered Senior Member

Considering that God doesn't exist, no.

8. New Life Registered Senior Member

actually it was sincere and not ignorant...............that you laugh it off as ignorant just shows your own ignorance

9. Fluidity Registered Senior Member

This I had to chomp

Since God doesn't exist in your Universe, you are not quaified to answer the question. In fact, you are incapable of the reasoning required to comprehend the question, because your perception of this Universe is warped. I suggest you go back to your Universe, or avoid conflict in this one by respecting your own position and the people here.

My answer: You are implicitly connected to God. Your dreams are as much a part of that connection, as the air you breathe is connected to the atmosphere you live in.

How you percieve your dreams is more important than the source.

Do not question the source of any thought that has the ability to teach.

10. New Life Registered Senior Member

I am aware of other religions and I know there are other holy books.......however when most people just say 'god' on this forum they USUALLY mean the christian god........if that wasnt the one that was implied then I suggest going to whatever holy book he believes in.

and how is that comment closed-minded and ignorant??

and i make religion look bad how? by suggesting he look in scripture? forgive me but i just dont understand what i did wrong

11. Shin555 What the shit? Registered Senior Member

The Story

Hold on a minute, forget all that talk about the bible, i'm not religious, and neither am i christian. If i was follow a religion it would be Sikhism as that was what i was born into...

Here is the story of how this whole damn thing came up, so pay attention...

I would also like to state that before the dream i haven't thought about or seen the person mentioned.

This dream had taken place in Los Angeles where i was walking down this street (i can't remeber what it was called something Boulevard) where i walked past a stunning women of which we both had stong eye contact (i had the sort of stare of which had there been a lamp-post in front of me i would have clattered into it).
    Thinking "oh my god she's so hot" i followed her introduced myself etc. and asked her if i could buy her a drink at the cafe down the street she eventually agreed, and we got talking and we were getting on like a house on fire.

Then all of a sudden my dream went to the future and i appeared to be in a long time relationship with this woman as i was making her breakfast in bed.

That was all, because the last thing i remember is waking up to my annoying alarm clock.

The following day i was wrecking by brain over the woman i had met in my dream, unitl a couple of weeks later (of when i was still thinking of this woman) i was flicking through the tv, when i came across a L'oreal comercial of which i recognized the woman straight away who just so happened to be Milla Jovovich.

So i did some research on Milla and found out that she lives in LA.

Thats It!

Is this a sign for things to come?

Remember i hardly ever have dreams, when when i do they generally end up being deja vue dreams, whether it hapens a week, month or year or two they generally happen. Is this too good to be true?

Incidently i now have the biggest crush on Milla.

12. Fluidity Registered Senior Member

OMG

Given your sudden crush on Milla, I'd like to ad that I have dreamt about her too. So, I wouldn't expect much to happen, but you may now at least have some definition of the physical types you are attracted to.

nothing wrong with that

That said, I'm off to other threads.

13. Shin555 What the shit? Registered Senior Member

Re: OMG

Ah, but i think your missing what i said. my crush on Milla came after the dream not before, because i never even heard of her beforehand.

14. Fluidity Registered Senior Member

Shin

Alright, like in the Matrix when Neo sees the cat.
    "Did it look like the same cat, or was it the same cat?"

One glimpse, one tiny glimpse of her could have been embedded deep in your memory. In dreams, our memories are very, very vivid. Again, I wouldn't make too much of it.

You're starting to scare me, so, I'm out of here.

15. Jenyar Solar flair Valued Senior Member

Shin555

Isn't it interesting how you had a real experience, something you cannot repeat in a lab, prove scientifically or even understand yourself, and all you can do is tell people about it and ask what it means? Some will take you seriously and some won't. The physical impulses, reasons and effects might be described and explanied away - but the experience somehow means more than that to you. It's precisely because it's such a coincidence that it tickles you.

God frequently spoke to his people in dreams, but they are different messages. If God spoke to you in a dream, I doubt it would be about Milla Jovovich. Just as there are dreams there are also truths. Look for a truth that mirrors your dream.

Jeremiah 23:28
    Let the prophet who has a dream tell his dream, but let the one who has my word speak it faithfully. For what has straw to do with grain?" declares the LORD.