a question for anyone who can answer

Discussion in 'Pseudoscience Archive' started by sly1, Jan 31, 2003.

1. sly1 Heartless Registered Senior Member

I have a question that someone in here might be able to answer.
    I was laying outside the other day looking to the sky (no clouds) and I started to just stare. I saw millions of these tiny little white and yellow dots that looked like they were light. They moved all over the place in random direction with tracers behind them. I asked a teached and he looked at me funny and told me not to stare at the sky anymore. He said that i was probably seeing reflections of light behind my eye. For some reason i didnt believe him it looked like they were actually outside my body in the air. So i tested something. Next time i saw them I moved waved my hand in the air and they moved around my hand. Like when you try and swats gnats or mosquitoes or something

What the hell are these?
    Has anyone heard of this?

L8rs

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Enigma Registered Senior Member

well, though i cannot back it up, i believe these things are some sort of general air particle. they are usually globulus (if that is a word) and have a darker center, yes? i relate them to cells or molecules...BUT...some of them are actually just dust particles on they eye. after a while, you can tell a difference...

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. spookz Banned Banned

visine or eyedoc

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Adam §Þ@ç€ MØnk€¥ Registered Senior Member

sly1

Some of the vitreous humour inside the eyeballs crystalises over time, and these tiny crystals generally float down around the lowest area. Often if you change the body's attitude, sneeze, et cetera, they get shaken up and you see lots of them in your field of vision.

8. Decoy Registered Member

Sounds like something that happens every so often to me sly...
    I have a minor bloodshortage due to my length. My doctors tell me its that, although it might be something else. Its like you stand up or just sit somewhere staring, when you see these light dots flying around. But in my experience, these light dots won't leave your sights. I mean, if you follow 1 of these dots, and you move your eyes, or even your head, it won't disappear in the cornor of your eye, even if you run around like crazy. Next time it happens to u, try it. If the dots remain visible, even though you move around and see you environment moving, but the dots don't, then bend your head between your knees to let the blood flow back to your head (its an effect you get when there is not enough oxygen in your brains, but enough not to pass you out).
    If that wasnt the case, then my friend, your guess is as good as mine...

EDIT:
    These dots are in your entire field of view, not just the bottom.

9. sly1 Heartless Registered Senior Member

thanks for the replies. Im not sure what they are to be honest. Im guessing im seeing dust particles or something. I just thought it was strange because i had never seen them before and i can only see them with a solid dark colored background. I have the best eyesight you can have according to my eye doc. These things arent always in my field of view but anyway thanks for the comments guys

10. Sapphire_Girl_13 Registered Member

Today.....

Today I was doing the same thing! I was in English class and I was staring outside the window (we were watching some boring movie) and I saw this little light thing moving then I saw heaps of them. I think they are just some things on your eyes surface!

(I think sum 1 already said that)

11. moonman Registered Senior Member

I assume that your not talking about 'floaters' or cells that slowly float down accross your eyes. I love playing with those things.

12. Mystech Adult Supervision Required Registered Senior Member

The exact same thing has happened to me a number of times, it's a result of not getting enough blood to your head, something like when you black out sometimes when you stand up to fast on an empty stomach, and all that stuff. Little silver flecks that appear in your peripheral vision, and then move at irregular speeds, and sort of fade away, right?

13. Mystech Adult Supervision Required Registered Senior Member

I've had something like that in my left eye for as long as I can remember! it's just this extreemly blurry translucent line in my feild of vision, which I can really only see if I stop and look for it, and then I look straight ahead, and it sinks down a bit, and I move my eye to follow it, and it jerks around a bit, and I'm sitting there just darting my eyes around, and people think I'm just stupid, or something, hehe.

14. moonman Registered Senior Member

for me its actual 'cells' that I can see, roundish with a nucleus. Good light is essential, the way to tell the difference between a 'floater' and a 'brain thingy' is to close one eye and see if it dissapears. The brain can also cause such a phenomenon to occur in the field of vision, I don't know how or why.

Does anyone know scientificaly why the 'light show' occurs when you close your eyes and concentrate on your vision or the innerlight I think it's been called in Buddhistic meditation terms.

Once while doing innerlight meditation, the colors turned into a matrix of dots which spiraled towards me untill I lost my concentration. and often I see a pair of rotating wings like on a propeler always clockwise and rotating with the same speed eveytime on subsequent meditations.
    It's fascinating.

15. ripleofdeath Registered Senior Member

heyya all

sly 1...

the most likely conformist - scientific view would be location specific electro-magnetic frequincies bending light(making a small range of light frequincey) being echoed (bounced)in your ganglion cells
    or
    aqute excitation of atmospheric conditions, basicly glowing dust particles.

or as some might say fairies/angels/beings/things????
    dont stress over it!!!
    just investigate it as your interest dictates..

and above all else..
    keep grooving

peace light truth love
    the path to that we hold above

16. creamsoda Registered Senior Member

These knats or mosquitos you saw are not bugs, insects, cells, or any other crap that anybody else said. true, if you were to look outside on a sunny day, you would see little tiny circles floating left diagonally in from of your eyes. That's not what you were seeing from what I gathered. Well, you may have seen that, BUT what you saw, those little tiny lights zipping around in the sky, but your eyes could not follow just one to see where it went, those are light refractions. Light particles bouncing off of eachother.

17. Mystech Adult Supervision Required Registered Senior Member

Haha, maybe if you watch too much StarTreck or something. . . otherwise I'd have to say no.

18. Scrap@lot Registered Senior Member

LOL! everyone seeing this dots flying around heh.
    I remember when I first saw them I was outside in the shade just chilling cuz I was high as hell I was listening to the birds make and orchestra LOL! very relaxing but thats when I noticed the dots and Plz dont say I had lack of oxygen! I wasnt holding my breathe I was smoking green.
    But ever since that day I can see them pefectly clear and see them whenever I want to see them. And nope they dont fade to me, I can be out walking around and still see them, I can lay down and still see them, I can even see them at night! Which makes everything actually BRIGHTER and easier to see like night vision.

19. river-wind Valued Senior Member

While all the suggestions so far are possible explinations, the most likely one is Adam's- floaters. Many times the substance that makes up the jelly inside of your eyeball will crystalize, often in responce to the precence of a cell that has come loose from the inner wall of your eyeball. Sort of like how a pearl is formed. Nearly everyone has these floaters, and almost everyone gets more and more of them as they get older.
    They are most visable when looking at a bright field of some sort- the bright sky is one of the best for spoting these floaters. as the light comes into your eyeball, it bends slightly as it is now passing through a more dense material than air- your brain accounts for this, as it is part of how the eye works. These crystaline floaters bend light in unusual ways, though, so your brain can't account for it, and you can actually see the effects in your feild of vision. The brighter and more uniform the background, the easier it is to spot the floaters - the subtle bending of light they produce is not overpowered by the background itself.

If you were to dissect nearly any animal eye, and look at the gunk under a microscope, you'll see these crystalize floaters for what they are.

Sorry it's not any more exciting than this

20. Mystech Adult Supervision Required Registered Senior Member

Aww, I feel a little depressed now. Isn't there a zanier answer out there? Like maybe it's some special power which elevates him above mortal men, or perhaps the spirits of the dead trying to communicate with him or something?

21. AciD79 Registered Member

I know what you are talking about man. I have the same thing happen to me often. Looks like a swarm of gnats would look, although they are little tracers that come along with them. I have no clue what they are. I don't know if maybe it is tied in with my quest for telekinesis lately. I have been searching the web for anything that is tied in with this. Haven't found anything lately. It happened to me again today in the bank drive through, so I came online now to search for it. Haven't found anything yet though.

22. SpyMoose Secret double agent deer Registered Senior Member

I experience this frequently as well, hold my eyes open too long and it happens, stand up faster than my heart can speed up and it happens... press on my eyelids and then open my eyes and it happens. I'm fairly sure it has to do with blood circulation in your eyes. Possibly your visual cells missfireing or some such thing. I doubt, as the threads positioning here in parapsychology would suggest, that it has anything to do with anything mystical.

23. exsto_human Transitional Registered Senior Member

It's interesting how something completely trivial can be thought of as something mystical...