Arguments For Strong Atheism?

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by LaoTzu, Jan 13, 2003.

1. LaoTzu Registered Senior Member

I am a strong atheist (I believe that there is not a god). I cannot legitimately defend that position. I can legitimately defend weak atheism (the lack of belief in a god), but I have no evidence or logical processes that lead me to strong atheism (it's just an arbitrary assumption on my part). Does anyone know any arguments for strong atheism?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Vienna Registered Senior Member

Athiest: a word to describe people who don't accept the theory of god

I wonder if there is a dedicated word to describe people who don't accept the big bang theory?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. whatsupyall Banned Banned

Yeah, can somebody answer Lao? If you can find one, and if it exist, I want to hear the so-called strong argument for atheism ((((giggling)))))......Ill be waiting for it........

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. whatsupyall Banned Banned

is it just me or do I feel the word "God is giant purple squid monkey" coming this way.....the strongest argument for atheism....how pathetic...

8. Vienna Registered Senior Member

OK Whatsup, stop giggling like a silly schoolgirl.

God is a figment of mans imagination.

9. whatsupyall Banned Banned

You made this claim, now prove it, oh you cant? then shut your hole Wang Chung.....Stop brainwashing yourself...
    Is it time for the giant purple squid monkey attack again?

10. Vienna Registered Senior Member

then shut your hole Wang Chung

This is a comment of which I would expect of a religious nut. Am I glad I got away from religion.

At least I have had the decency to reply to your comments which is more than you do to others.

You have not replied to people on the Thread "Why do you disbelieve?". So, please try to answer them, especially the comments by Tiassa and Cris (They are very intellectual, you may have problems!!!) It will be very interesting to see what you have to say.

And here is another thread which may be of interest to you "The Bible is totally mistranslated". Have a read, it might educate you!

Answer this simple question for me whatsup "Where did the idea of God come from"?

Last edited: Jan 13, 2003
  11. LaoTzu Registered Senior Member

Quite Colorful

The point, of course, is that there are no good arguments that I've seen for ANYTHING other than weak atheism. That includes strong atheism, theism, and giantpurplesquidmonkeyism.

12. Nebuchadnezzaar Registered Senior Member

ignorance is bliss isn't it?
    so is denail.

13. Xelios We're setting you adrift idiot Registered Senior Member

Lao, I don't think any strong arguements exist for extreme atheism, just as no strong arguements exist for extreme theism. Really the only logical choices in this matter are agnosticism, weak atheism or weak theism. You can be an agnostic theist or an agnostic atheist. The extremes cannot offer any proof for their side, nor do they logically make as much sense as agnosticism.

That's my view on it.

14. notme2000 The Art Of Fact Registered Senior Member

Strong athiesm is usually reached by people who take lack of evidence as evidence itself. Weak athiesm or agnosticism is usually reached by those who see lack of evidence as lack of evidence. Theism is usually reached by those who take feelings, emotions and intuition as evidence.

15. whatsupyall Banned Banned

What? Maybe this is applied to some theists, but not to me and many others....My strong faith of God occured when I experienced Him (Heard him talk twice in my whole life, INCALCULABLE answered prayers till this day, interior locustion (message of the heart), etc..)

REALITY MADE ME A THEIST........

16. notme2000 The Art Of Fact Registered Senior Member

Whatsup,
    You just proved my point. Your evidence is a voice in your head.

17. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

lack of consensus

'strong' evidence for the non-existence of god is the lack of consensus on the nature of god in this world.

the vast array of different religions indicates a sense of randomness in the approach of religion. If there was really a god then there wouldn't be this ambiguity.

Therefore the question arises why there isn't a consensus about the nature of god. The answer falls probably in the realm of cultural evolution and is probably a topic on itself

18. Vienna Registered Senior Member

To Whatsup: Answer this simple question for me "Where did the idea of God come from"?

19. Vienna Registered Senior Member

You mean you've actually heard god speak. Well, does god have a male or female voice, does he speak English or another language, does he have an accent?...I'm curious.
    There is a medical term for hearing voices in the head, the good news is that it can be cured.

20. Thor "Pfft, Rebel scum!" Valued Senior Member

Vienna, I see that you've switched sides since we last ran into each other...cool

Awoo...Whatsupyall (I can't believe he's still here), please reply to these

I would like to see how pathetic your strongest arguement for theism is. Come on, I'm up for a laugh.

If you cannot prove something exsists, then it does not exsist until proved otherwise. The exsistance of god has not been proved. It is merely a being made up in the minds of men. And many of us are gullible to believe in something that was made up thousands of years ago. I mean back then people were easily swayed but now, I would think people would know better.

Prove to us otherwise and we shall stand aside. It's the way of the world

Oh I knew you were good for a giggle. Listen to yourself, if a trained Psychaitrist spent an hour with you, he'd know something was up

Man could make one of those...and man has also made god.

Oh you just set yourself up for a joke then...here it comes....oh it's too easy!! Just think of butch bikers guys in a public toilet and you'll get my drift!!

Hearing voices in your head is not reality..maybe your reality, but not the common reality many humans share.

I'll answer Vienna's question shall I
    Quite simple really, my lil sister could answer this. Man.

Simple eh

21. Vienna Registered Senior Member

Hello Thor....Where've you been hiding

Vienna, I see that you've switched sides since we last ran into each other...cool
    Yip, I have woken up to reality, and hard facts.

22. Thor "Pfft, Rebel scum!" Valued Senior Member

Avoiding the Religion section cos all these arguements get nowhere. I just thought I'd nose around today...so Hi!!

23. Vienna Registered Senior Member

Hi Thor,
    Is whatsup a real person or is it some guy just acting stupid just to give everyone a laugh. If it's the latter then he does a very good job...