Possible War with Iraq?

Discussion in 'World Events' started by Pollux V, Jan 9, 2003.

1. Pollux V Ra Bless America Registered Senior Member

The wars go ever on and on...all from CNN.com.

Given the evidence, the US is going to war. We're moving thousands of troops, dozens of planes, and dozens of naval units to the Persian Gulf. Nothing could stop this from happening a year ago, nothing can stop it from happening now; in fact it looks as if it would take an alien invasion for the US to shift its sights to other peoples to bomb. I don't doubt that US casualties will be light, as they always have been [in the region], but also that many innocent civilians will perish at the gluttony of our pilot's trigger fingers. Their blood will likely mix with the oil we'll heat our homes with ten years or so down the line.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Microzoft Registered Senior Member

I think the “Possible” is irrelevant here!:bugeye:

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Pollux V Ra Bless America Registered Senior Member

That's the point!

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Kyle_S Registered Senior Member

The only certain thing is occupation. How that occupation is achieved is certainly up for discussion.

8. Pollux V Ra Bless America Registered Senior Member

Has a country ever been occupied by means other than military force?

9. fadingCaptain are you a robot? Valued Senior Member

It seems extremely likely we are going to war regardless of what the UN or anyone else says. I just hope we can keep civilian casualties relatively low. Of course, people are gonna freak out everytime a bomb misses its target...but hopefully it will be a quick operation like desert storm. If the Iraqi people revolted it will help immensely but I don't think thats gonna happen.

One of the positives I could see is north korea getting cold feet after seeing us whip Iraq. Perhaps that is one reason for the attack if it is to happen.

10. Adam §Þ@ç€ MØnk€¥ Registered Senior Member

The only faction making war inevitible is the USA. They talk as though Iraq is making it inevitible, but everyone knows it's all the USA.

11. RichardJA Banned Banned

hmmm, I'm still on the fence on if America will win this war or not

12. Microzoft Registered Senior Member

US will not win the war as it has hardly ever won any other war. Iraq will also not win this war. Saddam will not be killed, he will just fade. …the only, and only ones that will win this war, are all those countries and individuals that are against the US government and everything that they represent.

If US and Britain want to go on with this, no democratic country will step by force in their way.

If international consensus is not respected concerning Iraq, we all better buckle our seatbelts.

13. Kyle_S Registered Senior Member

Iraq could have a coup and invite the US to enter. But regardless of what does happen, the US will be occupying Iraq.

14. Microzoft Registered Senior Member

Somehow I don’t think so. ….Yes, we will enter Iraq, and yes! We will find no much resistance. But we will get as close to occupying Iraq as we did in Somalia.

15. Kyle_S Registered Senior Member

Okay, sure thing.