Understanding CTMU Dissolves Distinction Between Reality and Mind

Discussion in 'General Philosophy' started by Spellbound, Sep 22, 2014.

1. Spellbound Banned Valued Senior Member

An argument between Langan and a high genius atheist from High IQ society Prometheus (164 sd 16). Personal background: I am of east indian creole descent and was born on the tiny island of Trinidad and Tobago in 1982 currently living in Canada. I seem to be mutating into a semi-autodidactic dynamo and have dreams of being a great engineer on full scholarship to UOIT next fall. It would really be of great pleasure if I could hear your thoughts on the following exchange between Langan and Vaughan.

http://web.archive.org/web/20030611015754/http://ctmu.org/CTMU/Discussions/Atheist.html

Blessings passed.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Dywyddyr Penguinaciously duckalicious. Valued Senior Member

Is this you or Prometheus [sup]1[/sup]?

Presumably Prometheus is Vaughan?

As for the argument: typical Langan.
    Word salad coupled with an a priori assumption.
    SFW.

1 Because either way it's irrelevant and I sure as f*ck don't believe YOU are an "auto-didactic dynamo".

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Spellbound Banned Valued Senior Member

Prometheus is a High IQ Society that was founded on the internet at the Millenium I believe.

I'm starting to become increasingly annoyed by your arrogant stupidity. I know this because you've barely had time to assess the argument as it was just posted.

Because you're an idiot.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Dywyddyr Penguinaciously duckalicious. Valued Senior Member

Yeah, this from the guy that can't do anything but quote someone else's arguments.

Barely had time?
    ~9 minutes to read ~3,000 words?
    How much time do you think I need?

Yup.
    It'd be that or the total lack of evidence for your claim...

8. Spellbound Banned Valued Senior Member

Thank you.

9. danshawen Valued Senior Member

The world's foremost authority, Prof. Irwin Corey, turned 100 on July 29, 2014.

Langan's response reminds me of this old Irwin Corey routine:

"The question is: 'Why do I wear tennis shoes?'

This is a two part question. Let me answer the first part.

'Why' is a question of incredible depth and subtlety, and one that has engaged and frustrated the greatest philosophers since the dawn of civilization. To even attempt to answer that question in the brief time available would be an insult to these great minds, by suggesting that someone like my humble self deserves to be counted among their august company for even the briefest moment.

As for the second part:

'Do I wear tennis shoes?'

Yes! Yes, I wear tennis shoes."

Langan breaks down the question into a matter of nit-picking semantics. And this is EXACTLY what philosophers have done since the dawn of civilization. Anyone who does not see the humor in this is just reading it too seriously. A high IQ just means you are good at taking IQ tests. This is just one of the things you can do with that.