Magic trick freaks people out

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by Magical Realist, Sep 20, 2014.

1. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

Good illusion.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2014
  4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. DaveC426913 Valued Senior Member

It is not nearly as weird in-person as it seems in this video.

The video has been doctored, and not very skillfully.

If you freeze the video at 0:48, you can see that the space underneath his torso where his butt has been digitally erased.

Yes, he's really doing that - he's balancing sideways, and crouching (the pants-waist is a prop). It takes a lot of skill. But this is Photoshopped.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. zgmc Registered Senior Member

Good eye Dave.

8. origin Heading towards oblivion Valued Senior Member

I don't actually think the video was doctored. If there is enough mass in the fake hips that he is holding over his knees then the COG will be over his feet and he can walk in a crouched postion just moving his legs below the knees.

Excellent illusion.

cluelusshusbund likes this.
  9. sideshowbob Sorry, wrong number. Valued Senior Member

Whether the video was doctored or not, it was pretty clear how the stunt was done. What I found suspicious was the people's reactions. They don't seem at all natural. They look staged.

10. el es Registered Senior Member

11. deepslate Registered Member

I am really thrilled seeing this thread as I had just watched the History channel's feature on the life of the "great" Houdini. It actually showed how he did some of his tricks and I must say, he was really a wise one there. I remember a certain scene when Houdini asked a young girl to pull a string and to everyone's surprise, the church bell rang. All the people in that room were so amazed and they cannot believe how it was possible to happen because the church was really far away from their location. But of course, there was an explanation how it really happened. Try watching it. Not really an excellent one but just good enough for a boring TV night.

12. DaveC426913 Valued Senior Member

You didn't watch the video around 0:48. If you had, you would have agreed without hesitation that it's faked.

If it were a 100% real life illusion, I'd be duly impressed. But it's not; it's video faked. Why not add a flying saucer in there while they're at it?

13. cluelusshusbund + Public Dilemma + Valued Senior Member

Its fake in that he ant realy cut in half... but i dont see anythang doctored in the video at 0;48.???

14. DaveC426913 Valued Senior Member

Hm. Well, it's extremley obvious to me. There is a perfectly round, semi-circular, and obviously digitally-smooth blur that follows him around as he moves.

15. cluelusshusbund + Public Dilemma + Valued Senior Member

That semi-circular "smooth blur" below his shirt at about 0:48 is just a light area on the sidewalk... an it dont move.!!!