Manage Attachments not working

Discussion in 'Site Feedback' started by Jennifer Murphy, Sep 20, 2014.

1. Jennifer Murphy Registered Senior Member

The Manage Attachments button is not working for me. Using Firefox, it does nothing at all. Using IE, I get "Error on page" in the info bar at the bottom.

Is this a problem with the site or my machine?

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

Something has gone somewhat tits-up with the forum software and/or database - more info as we get it

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Jennifer Murphy Registered Senior Member

I do not find this characterization appropriate.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

I apologize - that's the British heritage in me -

it is FUBAR, SNAFU, and basically the website is telling us all to BOHICA

8. dumbest man on earth Real Eyes Realize Real Lies Valued Senior Member

9. Jennifer Murphy Registered Senior Member

Has this been fixed? I just tried to upload an attachment. This time I did get the upload dialog and was able to select a file on my computer, but the Upload button did not upload the file.

10. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

The long and short of it is that vBulletin (the forum software) has some... issues. Issues that the current development team isn't currently capable of fixing, and leaves it vulnerable to various exploits. We (the moderation team + admins) are considering what our options are, and will keep you informed as we can.

11. Jennifer Murphy Registered Senior Member

If money is an issue, I would be happy to make a donation. Many boards allow donations. I've supported several.

12. Stryder Keeper of "good" ideas. Valued Senior Member

It's not a money issue, there's consideration of some changes to the core software. Currently some of it might well be disabled to reduce further attacks here until those changes have been made. I'm sure it will be publicly stated what we'll be doing in the near future.