Got a psychological problem?

Discussion in 'Human Science' started by Manifold1, Sep 16, 2014.

1. Manifold1 Banned Banned

First of all, don't be ashamed. I often have violent thoughts because I am a high functioning psychopath.

Naturally, a person outside the medical field will wonder why I am not locked up... the reason is because psychopaths can feel, just as much as a sociopath can... unfortunately I started off as a sociopath. I won't go into this with too much detail, but I am not only a high functioning psychopath, but I am an excellent at the top, which is slippery because I can help those who have the same problems. About 1 in every 100 and some claim less, are either sociopaths or psychopaths. Many of the latter hold excellent jobs in society, such as barristers and judges, policemen and even interrogators who go home every night not caring what has happened.

I want to break a stigma, not all psychopaths can go to sleep at night, either struggling with their own realization into what they are, or they inflict pain so much... they no longer understand the subject of pain. Pain is a word to someone like me, my brain functions fine, but life is a gratification of desire and that is a path which leads the psychopath into something more sinister.

Are you capable of hurting someone, even yourself? If so, I implore you speak to me.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Dr_Toad It's green! Valued Senior Member

Nah, you're just fuckin' nuts. See your doc, take your meds. I wish you the best, truly. But: Sociopaths don't "get better" with care and feeding, for God's sakes. Psychopathy can be treated, but sociopathy is another beast, and I use the term advisedly.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Manifold1 Banned Banned

I will ignore you after this post.

Sociopathy can be treated from an early age. In fact, many children today are tested to see if they scale on that factor.

I for... two years, mentored a child who was a full blown sociopath which is hard to identify in children. I knew it though... the boy often slammed his siblings head into the radiator, until they bled. I caught him; he looked at me and I looked at him.

I asked him what was wrong... his response...

...''I did nothing.''

To call a child a beast, is a nasty person indeed. Children are conditioned unless it is genetic. I later found his mother was abusing him, physically, and I reported them. The child is now being fully diagnosed with all sorts of conditions, but mostly sociopathy.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Manifold1 Banned Banned

And yes, he is much better.

8. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

Mod Hat

I'm just putting this out there now...

Any abuse of those with a psychological disorder in this thread will be dealt with...

I've stated before that I suffer(ed) from ADHD... years of medications did nothing to really help me get it under control, often just making it worse.

I finally made the decision that I was NOT going to let medication dictate how I acted, and that I was NOT going to use it as some kind of crutch or shield to hide behind... it takes a conscious effort to reign myself in and stay on task, but it is something I've learned how to do.

9. Manifold1 Banned Banned

We have something in common then... you are on the autistic spectrum, as I am. I also have semantic pragmatic disorder. I suffer more with this condition than I do psychopathy

I understand your condition... to a point.

10. Manifold1 Banned Banned

Thank you. There really are decent people here.

11. Dr_Toad It's green! Valued Senior Member

I'm very sorry if my first sentence came across as abusive. I thought it would be seen with the levity that was intended.

My son has ADHD, my best friend is a schizophrenic, my cousin was a mental health nurse, so I know a little about it, too.

12. Manifold1 Banned Banned

If what you say is true, then your answer, your reply, is more complex than what I first imagined. Or is it.... ? It takes a keen intellect to know how to deal with true mental health, if you show no desire towards it considering your unfortunate family situation... you are pretty much a sociopath yourself.

13. Dr_Toad It's green! Valued Senior Member

I'd like to think it was more complex than just words, anyway. Words on a page can't necessarily carry the impact of words spoken in view of the listener, so I apologize again.

As to mental health issues, I deal with people every day who wouldn't be considered mainstream for one, and for another I've had some problems before that needed the attention of a therapist.

And no, I'm no sociopath. I get depressed sometimes because my level of empathy can overwhelm me. I work through it, and it's fairly rare.

14. Manifold1 Banned Banned

Unless they were originally intended to... hurt me in some way. Which your words seemed to indicate. Thankfully, I don't get effected by such things.

Do me a favor.. stay away from this as I will do you a favor, and accept your apology.

15. kx000 Valued Senior Member

I hear voices in my head. When I believe in them they are my friends, when I don't believe it's as if they want to hurt me.

I believe in them, but social order rejects belief in the paranormal and that effects me. So my faith is flickering, but I put a scientific effort to it and I do get positive results. I see distinct auras of divine happinness, and knowledge. I am diagnosed as a schizophrenic, I take my pills, but they can't possibly make me not believe in what I see and hear. As long as I believe they will be there, and if dont believe they turn violent. Talks like a duck, walks like a duck.. It's a duck. Sometimes it's a evil duck though who is my enemy. I am sick so I follow the bible and love my enemies to their kind demise.

Believe in love, and perfection or they aren't there.

Someone is deluded in the psychological world, to my wonder its not the schizophrenic, its the doctor who resorts to prescribing medication that kills our imagination for pioneering a natural way of communication for mankind.

16. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

I apologize if my comment seemed a bit directed at you Dr_Toad - it was not - was merely a formal statement. Threads like this... tend to go downhill fast

17. Manifold1 Banned Banned

I know why... and if you want, this doesn't need to be public, you may PM me, unless you want me to discuss it here.

18. Manifold1 Banned Banned

He attacked the thread starter, then started a sympathy vote because he was wrong in his approach - You sir, have nothing to be sorry about. Toad should feel ashamed if what he said is true...

19. kx000 Valued Senior Member

It's up to you, I'm open.

20. Manifold1 Banned Banned

I really shouldn't. You have to make that decision, it wouldn't be morally right to express all sorts of complicated issues - I just need to know, if you don't mind. It could benefit others, it may even benefit yourself, but I cannot make that decision myself. I just need to make absolutely sure, you are comfortable with it.

21. kx000 Valued Senior Member

Go ahead you have my consent.

22. Beer w/Straw Transcendental Ignorance! Valued Senior Member

Manifold1, for a minute I began to feel sympathy for you, but reading this thread makes me wonder if you're someone like David Koresh.

23. Manifold1 Banned Banned

No...

...you think you feel sorry for me because only now do you realize I don't have a single bit of sexual interest in you.

I've already concluded you've probably made men fall to your feet in agony of your potentially ruining their lives. Maybe you waited until the right man came along, so you could legally destroy them, for anything despicable as something as rape.... while they had not. It's no more potentially suicidal for a man to be in your company and say that one word, which has no border to any sexual innuendo, never let a pass onto you.

You are what I call a class 4 psychopath. There is hatred there, and potentially more. As you grow older, you are 17 times more likely to feel less empathy considering your last post.