Ghostly pedestrian caught on cop's dash cam

Discussion in 'UFOs, Ghosts and Monsters' started by Magical Realist, Sep 10, 2014.

1. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Enmos Valued Senior Member

WooOOooooo!

Why should I believe it's a ghost? Are you even claiming that?
    Without any additional info it's probably safe to conclude it was just a live pedestrian...

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

Who said it was a ghost?

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

Well... you kinda did... with the thread title:

Ghostly pedestrian caught on cop's dash cam

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

8. cluelusshusbund + Public Dilemma + Valued Senior Member

Thers no evidence its a ghost... i suspect that its just a person walkin across the road who suddenly disapears.!!!

9. Dywyddyr Penguinaciously duckalicious. Valued Senior Member

If you look you can just make out the line of the edges of the object that he goes behind.

10. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

Ghostly is an adjective meaning ghostlike or having the appearance of a ghost. Hence I did not say it WAS a ghost. It would make no sense to use the adjective ghostly with a ghost. It would be redundant. Hence "ghostly pedestrian".

11. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

Take a look starting at .027 seconds. It looks like a ghost appears right in the middle of the road and hits his windshield. He then pulls over and looks into the woods with a light. Interesting...

12. cluelusshusbund + Public Dilemma + Valued Senior Member

When he drives closer it ant obvous that ther was somptin to walk behind... but as unclear as the video is... i woud consider it "ghostly" in apearance.!!!

13. Enmos Valued Senior Member

Then what the hell is the point of the thread!?
    Did you think you were posting in "UFOs, Ghostly pedestrians and Monsters"?

14. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

To quote James R's sticky: "UFOs, Ghosts and Monsters is a forum for discussion of UFO, Ghost and Monster sightings and related phenomena."

In line with that, I post on all sorts of anomalous phenomena here. Time travelers, shadowpeople, wendigos, orbs, fairies, tulpas, the Marfa lights, you name it. Or have you just now noticed? So add "ghostly pedestrian" to that same list if you are now keeping track.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2014
  15. Stryder Keeper of "good" ideas. Valued Senior Member

Edit:
    Initially I would of suggested some natural phenomona like reflecting lights from signs in fog conditions, however Further looking at it makes it appear completely faked. I doubt it was even a cop that filmed it.

Any reason for the removal the "FartingFargo" watermark?

16. Russ_Watters Not a Trump supporter... Valued Senior Member

A pedestrian walking across the street is not an anomalous phenomena.

17. Stryder Keeper of "good" ideas. Valued Senior Member

If it was a pedestrian.

The footage itself is purposely grainy, filmed at night. There's manipulation of a fog entity that looks like a humanoid shape (arms & legs) which is artificial in it's creation. The second occurrence in the film appears like reflecting light, if the first occurrence hadn't been so fake I would of just gone with a reflection. Further points were the film itself isn't from a cop, if anything it's a helmet cam from a person on a moped, it's just a prank video with some editing to generate spectres.

18. Russ_Watters Not a Trump supporter... Valued Senior Member

Clearly, the title was chosen specifically as a setup for trolling. So why is this being allowed?

19. Russ_Watters Not a Trump supporter... Valued Senior Member

Yes. That's what makes the OP trolling.
    All I see is a completely normal police dashcam video of a person walking into, then out of a spotlight beam.

20. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

MR, you describe it as "ghostly", you put it in the 'monsters and ufos and ghosts' section - incidentally, my absolute, single, sole and only favourite section in the library when I was a kid - and you incite "woo". I think the case is closed on whether or not you supposed it was a ghost. Silly monkey.

21. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

Heh.

22. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

In the spirit of MR's defense, here's another compilation of 'ghostly pedestrians', although slightly less ghostly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U65t-8NDMkk

At the end of the clip, you will probably be more acquainted with the phrase "boizhe moi".

23. Enmos Valued Senior Member

How is it related?
    Which of the phenomena you mention applies here according to you? And how do you know?
    Does it look like an ordinary pedestrian to you? Why or why not?

You don't have to tell me. This isn't my section actually. Last time I acted outside my jurisdiction because no one seemed to be around. Not so now.