Plague of locusts in Madagascar

Discussion in 'Biology & Genetics' started by Locust, Aug 30, 2014.

1. Locust Registered Member

http://theextinctionprotocol.wordpr...ty-skies-are-darkened-by-a-plague-of-locusts/

A quick glance at the sky today in Antananarivo, Madagascar, reveals a massive storm cloud rolling through. On second look, though, it becomes clear that it’s no nimbus cloud but a seemingly endless stream of locusts flying low through the city’s already polluted skies. Locust plagues have damaged Madagascar’s farmland for the past three years, as in the biblical story, prompting the government in November 2012 to declare a national emergency and allow the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations to launch a pesticide campaign in September 2013.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Aqueous Id flat Earth skeptic Valued Senior Member

I can't tell from the source if this is a matter of biology or of religion. I mean, did the locusts swarm in Madagascar really happen "just like in the Bible"? Or did the story in the Bible happen just like in the locusts? :shrug:

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. dumbest man on earth Real Eyes Realize Real Lies Valued Senior Member

I can tell you that after reading the OP and the Linked source, that neither of them stated : "just like in the Bible".

Biology...? Religion...?

Think...maybe...Nature.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. origin Heading towards oblivion Valued Senior Member

What is the point of the post, swarms of locust happen every year.

8. Locust Registered Member

Err...whats the point of your post?

9. origin Heading towards oblivion Valued Senior Member

I am trying to understand why you seem to imply a swarm of locust in some amazing thing. I know the "end of the world" site is amazed, but no one else is.

10. Locust Registered Member

Why are so interested in my personal motives and drives?

"Dont kill the messenger!"

11. Aqueous Id flat Earth skeptic Valued Senior Member

You didn't do your homework. The rest of the posts on the site in question are about calamities, principally in Africa, at least one page of which falls under the heading "Prophecy".

It's a poorly constructed Doomsday site. Now the question is why Locust is propounding this here. The swarming phenomena in certain insects is discussed in a thread more than a decade old. Notice how the focus of the conversation is on science, not religion.

What has changed? The trolls have moved in, that's all.

12. origin Heading towards oblivion Valued Senior Member

Huh? I just asked what the point of the post was. I guess I will assume there was no point.

Here is more information on locust swarms since you seem to find them interesting. This update is not recent enough to include the Madagascar swarm,

Locust swarm updates.

13. dumbest man on earth Real Eyes Realize Real Lies Valued Senior Member

What "homework"? I read the OP. I read the Linked article. That is all that Locust presented.

So...why must you try to make "the focus of the conversation" on religion instead of science?

As I succinctly stated, the Locust swarms are a part of Nature.

If what you stated above is true, then believe me when I tell you that I would not mind it a bit if you "moved in" somewhere else.

14. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

I'm sure your peers on this forum would have the opposite view.
    Aid indulges in science, the scientific method, and does not suffer alternative/pseudoquackery/religious hypothesis fools gladly.
    I share that quality with him, although he puts it far better then ever I could.

15. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

Groked!!!

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

[I hate that word!]

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

So I'll just say, totally and whole heartedly agree with you AId!!

Last edited: Sep 1, 2014