Leaning Tower of Pisa

Discussion in 'Architecture & Engineering' started by bellbottom31, Aug 30, 2014.

1. bellbottom31 Banned Banned

I saw in a dream that there is a office building circular in shape just as if seeing Leaning Tower of Pisa. Then i saw an elevator in it, it was moving spiral to the side of the building just as if built as spiral and moving spiral too. But not on the exterior surface of the building but moving inside constructed. Does such elevator in a circular shaped building exists? My guess if in france?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

No because what would lift the elevator.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. bellbottom31 Banned Banned

The spiral moving elevator is moved on a above hinged railing with moving wheels or maybe magnetism.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

forum image hosting

I checked on the internet search and there is no such thing. Neither i saw in any futuristic films.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Walter L. Wagner Cosmic Truth Seeker Valued Senior Member

file for a patent! it would be a cool ride. i had to take the stairs when I climbed the Leaning Tower of Pisa in 1968.

8. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Seems unlikely, since it would take much longer to reach a floor, and it would take much more valuable floor space. And elevators are pretty established technology.

9. sideshowbob Sorry, wrong number. Valued Senior Member

On the outside of the building it would make for good sight-seeing on every side of the building instead of just one side like a vertical elevator. Inside doesn't make much sense.

10. bellbottom31 Banned Banned

The exterior of the building is made up of tinted hardened glass circular in construction and the building surface is inside. The lift is made to run in between the exterior glass surface and interior building walls' exits where the lift halts at floors. I don't think it would take much time as the spiral for each radius turns it would reach another floor's exit. So the building is itself like a 'A leaning tower of pisa'....