America

Discussion in 'Art & Culture' started by bellbottom31, Aug 30, 2014.

1. bellbottom31 Banned Banned

A thought came to my mind...that is america country a greek country heritage? Something like "Delphi Theatres"???
    And are expert in acting...so is WWE wrestling a trick, and its all acting?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

'Roided Mysterium

Many would outright disagree, but I think the middle ground between that is to note that it's true, we do acknowledge ancient societies, Greek and Roman in particular, as major influences over our historical experience and manifestation of the United States of America.

Yes, WWE is a trick. That's why it's now called WWE. Well, that and they were going to lose the fight with WWF, anyway. But in addition to that, yes, it was eventually determined through our American legal processes that professional wrestling is fixed, a performance instead of a competition.

And speaking of Delphi in general, Americans have use for neither the Oracle nor mysterium. We are observably descendents and inheritors of an ongoing cultural experience that does track back through Rome and Greece, but there is very little actual conscious and willing "ancient Greek heritage" about our society; when we reach back through history to invoke the advent of democracy, it's usually a sales pitch, and one that would be a lot more successful if people could imagine themselves in ninja suits instead of togas.

"America" is, in cultural heritage, properly Mutt. And it would seem most Americans would reject that anyway, because they still think purebreds with pedigrees somehow superior, even if the poor things can't walk properly.

We Americans are what Aldous Huxley would describe as a people "most healthily unaware of their history".

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. bellbottom31 Banned Banned

In the history its written that first settlers of america were frenchmen and irish people who mixed with local population. Then came europeans who fought for america lands.
    But i think i confuse between who is roman and who is greek. So greek as we read in history that they were warrior races who spread themselves into warring sides towards many parts of europe and asia. So as of now greek is a small country. But like dogs and cats, suppose if they spread far across the globe. Then they would still meet one another at some time place far from where they had started. And cats would mate cats only and dogs identified their dogs and they would mate themselves. I mean male and female for their progenies to succeed. So greeks too who came to america unlike other european races, or britishers or frenchmen...etc. The greeks meet again themselves on america lands and succeeded in forming up themselves. So it seems like america is a massive expansion of greeks populations if you see them clearly.
    Whereas romans might be categorised as italians or maybe germans not to be mistaken with greeks.
    And russian race seems to be some poland romanian christian europeans expansion not romans?
    Greeks meaning macedonian races who came to india as alexander races. But their traces go to warsaw too. So i am again confused!!! Or they were greek as well as roman both?

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Dr_Toad It's green! Valued Senior Member

Instead of wondering aloud here, why don't you read some history? I don't think you've read much, with your 'races' comments, of anything at all.

Haven't you been banned in many places for this sort of ignorance before? The screen name is familiar, as is the illiteracy of the poster, whoever he may be.

8. bellbottom31 Banned Banned

So why don't you read it yourself and write what you have learnt. Instead of pretending to be ignorant....

9. Fraggle Rocker Staff Member

No it isn't. The first explorers who "discovered" the lands in the Western Hemisphere were from Spain, although their captain, Cristóbal Colón, was from Genoa, which is part of Italy today.

But these people did not colonize the region which is now the United States. The first Europeans to land here were from England. Eventually the Spanish established the colony of Florida ("the flowery place") and the French established Louisiana (named after King Louis--the Englishmen also named their colonies after people: Rhode Island, Delaware, Pennsylvania, Maryland, Georgia, the Carolinas after King Charles, and Virginia--after the "Virgin Queen"). Before too long a large community of Dutchmen was established in New Amsterdam (which we now call New York) and in the 19th century many Scots-Irish settled in Appalachia. And of course the Russians lay claim to Alaska. But the United States ultimately took control of these regions. It is reasonably accurate to say that the USA was founded by Englishmen.

I have no idea where you read this, but it is 100% wrong. There has never been a large community of people of Greek ancestry in the USA, although there are enough to be visible. They are vastly outnumbered by people of Italian ancestry--a community that has achieved modest political power in many of our Eastern states such as New York and New Jersey.

I don't know where to start with that. You don't seem to have any accurate information at all about ancient and medieval history. The city of Rome is now in Italy so the people who live there are indeed Italians, but the Roman Empire spanned about half of the continent of Europe, including modern England, France, Germany, Netherlands, Belgium, Spain, Catalonia, Portugal, Switzerland, Italy, Croatia, Slovenia, Greece, as well as a considerable part of the eastern side of the continent.

The various nationalities that we identify with Europe today had not yet been formed. The continent was populated by Bronze Age tribes who were slowly assimilated by the Romans. These included various Celtic and Germanic peoples, and a few other ethnic groups who today are difficult to identify, such as the Basques. The Greeks and the Etruscans were the only peoples to have built civilizations of their own in Europe when the Romans arrived, and the Romans borrowed heavily from their culture and technology.

10. sculptor Valued Senior Member

Ahem:................
    Most likely not-----Our current polity did indeed derive from these migrants...
    But, "the first" may be as wrong as it gets.

We have strong evidence for migrants from what we now call europe thousands of years before columbus.
    And with the (claimed)dna anomalies of some central and south american "native" populations showing high concentrations of denisovan dna and also of neanderthal dna, the picture of migration into the americas is less and less clear.

Science is great, the more we learn, the less we "know".

Let us consider the civilizations of the Indus valley, Mesopotamia, the Nile, etc...
    Greece and Rome came late to the party

11. Fraggle Rocker Staff Member

Most notably, the Solutreans, who arrived a few millennia before the migration of the Asians across Beringia. The Solutreans (surely Cro-Magnon, based on the timing and the artifacts they left, even though we have no DNA to analyze) sailed over during an ice age when sea level was lower and seas were narrower. They created at least one colony in what is now the northeastern United States. For whatever reason, they failed to establish a permanent presence in North America. There are no traces of their technologies or their DNA anywhere. (Their colony is now underwater about 20 miles out in the Atlantic Ocean, as the current ice age draws to a close.)

Other adventurers left archeological evidence of their camps as far south as South America. But like the Solutreans, none of them managed to establish a viable community.

The Paleoindians who made the trek across Beringia around 15KYA were the first humans to establish a permanent presence in the Americas. We've recently established a tentative link between them and the Yenisei people of Siberia: the Na-Dene languages (Navajo, Tlingit, etc.) appear to be related to Yeniseian.

There have been only six civilizations on Earth that arose independently: Mesopotamia, India, China, Egypt, Olmec/Maya/Aztec, and Inca.

Greece was merely an offspring of the Phoenician branch of Mesopotamia. The Phoenicians traded with them, and their Bronze Age/Iron Age technology was part of the deal--as well as their alphabet.

The Romans arrived many centuries later, as Greece was sinking into decline. They appropriated much from Greek civilization--and also from the Etruscans, a people about whose roots we know almost nothing, since we have none of their DNA to catalog, and so little of their language that we can't analyze it. Nonetheless, Etruscan civilization appears to also be a spinoff of Mesopotamian, although for all we know they may have been relatives of the Basques, overrun by the invasion of the Indo-European tribes.

There were several attempts to build cities (the literal meaning of the word "civilization") in Neolithic sub-Saharan Africa. But with Europe and Asia so close, they were constantly being visited by people with more advanced technologies who didn't want the competition. This is almost exactly the same thing that happened to the Aztec and Maya. They had advanced into the Bronze Age, but they were no match for the Christian conquerors with their Iron Age weapons.

12. bellbottom31 Banned Banned

As you wrote might be true, but the others like as you mentioned the italians, the spainish, english, french, dutch and other europeans like germanies...might not that they are minorities settlers colonization in gullies residing in america. Whereas much majority consist of greek population or they might be pretending as spainish, english, french....!!!

Just tell me, how do you differentiate between roman and greek yourself?

13. bellbottom31 Banned Banned

But the main theme of my topic post is "delphi greek acting"...
    Suppose i come to america where you know there is famous hollywood. So many local population of america cherish in seeing the actors and actresses acting on big screen, their emotions, how they talk...etc. And they then try to instill in their own lives such acting. So america is a acting country expert.
    While if one suppose go to russian provinces, there is theatre ofcourse. But their actor actresses never show much of emotions and acting if i my assumption is correct. So much of their population seems quiet.
    Even india has bollywood which instills emotions and behaviour in viewers. So in real life like in russia... emotions, behaviour acting is not necessary in life? So many russian people go to america to learn acting as they are very few of emotions....!!!
    Suppose i went to america and make some friends, how will i know if they aren't acting?
    When in india people do hue and cry, then is it too acting?
    So WWE wrestling if its all fake then?
    If i am sitting in the audience without the commentary heard, then it seems co-ordinated agreed moves....like if the wrestlers are of the same american football rugby team and still playing against one another?
    The opponent themselves play their parts of taking fake hits, falling down and showing in pains. Such as the actors and actresses of hollywood try to instill humor in audiences, expressions....!!! So the crowds go berserk. The WWE wrestlers if they are just impressionist of real fighters.