Conversations with my son from the afterlife

Discussion in 'Parapsychology' started by Magical Realist, Aug 29, 2014.

1. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Gremmie "Happiness is a warm gun" Valued Senior Member

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Russ_Watters Not a Trump supporter... Valued Senior Member

"How despicable do you have to be to scam a grieving mother?"

origin and Carbon_14 like this.
  6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. kx000 Valued Senior Member

I would ask are you in hell. Considering they died and went through a serious transgression. I seriously wonder how death brings peace.

8. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

I wouldn't bother because there is no "other side".

9. C C Consular Corps - "the backbone of diplomacy" Valued Senior Member

With a poker face and in as laconic and uninformative a manner as I could muster, I'd ask specific questions about events, circumstances, and details concerning when the person was alive. Or go the other way and light-up with surprise and enthusiasm just to see how far from personal facts a fishing expedition could wander after "inadvertently" signaling correct to any initial, wrong answers. Beforehand, I'd also avoid socially returning the favor to that friendly, overly chatty lady in the parlor / lobby that wanted to jocosely discuss the antics of her family, friends, neighbors, and life history to a complete stranger.

10. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

Never underestimate the convincing power of seeing your dead loved one bunny hop from one foot of your bed to the other. lol!

"But where were my visits? I’m his mother, after all. Eventually I did receive amazing visits from him. One of the first was when I saw him jumping from one foot of my bed to the next, hoping like a bunny. My deceased sister, Denise, was sitting on the left foot of the bed, grinning at Erik. It was all so surreal, because I was sure I was awake! My head had just hit the pillow! After watching him hop to and fro for a while, he suddenly turned his face toward me and he looked shocked. He said, “Mom, you can see me!” and he flung himself in my arms. When I hugged him, he felt so solid, just the way he felt before he died."

Frankly I should have read this account more thoroughly before posting. I thought she was getting communications straight from him. Little did I suspect there were the usual new age conmen/conwomen ready to stand in for him and recommend energy treatments, books, consults, future channeling sessions, and who knows what else that will make them a quick buck and garner them more publicity.

11. C C Consular Corps - "the backbone of diplomacy" Valued Senior Member

Yeah, it was the bit about a "gifted medium" in the article that I noticed first and went from there.

"Eventually, I began regular and direct communication with Erik through a gifted medium...."

12. ForrestDean Registered Senior Member

I agree. The other side of what? Same with the term commonly referred to as "The Afterlife". What is after life?

13. Stryder Keeper of "good" ideas. Valued Senior Member

From the angle of Science creating an afterlife, I wouldn't see any point in allowing "mediums" or similar to act as some sort of conduit, if anything they would be last people to get the job.

It would therefore suggest that *if* it was possible, it wouldn't work the way mediums claim it does.

sideshowbob likes this.
  14. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

Don't waste your money, they are ALL frauds, no one can speak to the dead, a few psychics genuinely believe that they have some sort of power but they are only deluding themselves.

The vast majority of people are like you, they would love it to be true which is why so many unscrupulous people have made an art out of conning people, sometimes even recently bereaved people, James Randi describes them as "no better than grave robbers" and I agree with him.

JR has spent the past 60 years travelling all over the world looking for a genuine psychic medium, much as Harry (the great) Houdini did before him, THEY NEVER FOUND ONE, that should tell you something.

JR even goes to the extent of offering $1,000,000 to any psychic medium who can prove their power under mutually agreed conditions (there are around 10 other similar challenges worldwide) none have ever been won.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=rel...

origin likes this.
  15. leopold Valued Senior Member

if they had any toilet paper.

16. Forceman May the force be with you Registered Senior Member

I would ask if he/she was experiencing reincarnation.

17. Dinosaur Rational Skeptic Valued Senior Member

Houdini investigated a lot of psychics who made claims about communicating with dead folks, predicting the future, & other such phenomena.

He debunked all that he investigated. He also left information with his wife or some friend for use after his death. He said he would try to communicate if he still had thoughts after dying.

His wife or friend reported no communication from him.

BTW: Sir Author Conan Doyle was scammed by charlatans who claimed to be able to communicate with his son, who I think died in WW1 (1914-1918).

18. Daecon Kiwi fruit Valued Senior Member

I would ask: "What's it made of and how does it work?"

19. Dinosaur Rational Skeptic Valued Senior Member

In several Threads, I have Posted remarks about the soul & an after life.

My main POV is that our memories & other mental capabilities are due to functions of our brain.

When we die our brain is no longer functional. If there is some mystical soul unique to an individual, what functions can it perform? It cannot have the memories & mental capabilities of the brain we possessed when alive.

20. kmguru Staff Member

Tons of it as I did...and now I know what the Universe is all about and my place in it...Thanks...

21. birch Valued Senior Member

Heh, there are no psychics but there are those who know how to read tarot. The info doesnt come from the reader. Its the medium you use and how well as in intuition the reader has in reading them.

22. zgmc Registered Senior Member

Please explain how tarot works, and for what reasons does someone seek a tarot reader?

23. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

Another fine art of made up crap.