How can I improve my career in pharmaceutical industry?

Discussion in 'Chemistry' started by ybk, Aug 28, 2014.

1. ybk Registered Member

I am actually working on a pharmaceutical industry and in quality control lab. as an analyst. I have 4 year chemistry bachelor degree. So, my question is what are the possibilities in this area in order to do my career up? If I go into master which qualify and benefit can I gain for myself and company purposes?
    What are the extra degrees should I study?
    What are the certificates / courses should I go?
    What are the chances of my future career opportunities in pharmaceutical industry?
    How can I educate myself to prevent from firing (from the firms)?
    Does 4 year chemistry degree enough to lift up in the career ladder for future?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

No amount of education can prevent you from being fired. In order to answer your questions you need to reveal where you were educated And where you want to work. The best thing YOU can do to keep you job is to add value to your employer.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. origin Heading towards oblivion Valued Senior Member

Ask your boss. Ask your HR rep. Ask your coworkers. They work there and they will have the answers we don't.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. ybk Registered Member

true but I want to know how it works in the international area?

8. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

You need to get more specific, there is no "international area"?

9. ybk Registered Member

I mean advanced country firms, like in US, Europe etc..

10. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

I think you are asking for a silver bullet. Silver bullets are not going to work. You need to check embassies of those countries and identify potential employers. And you need to ask them what skills the are looking for. There may not be a demand or little demand for your skills. The question you need to ask yourself is this, what value can you offer a potential employer? why should they hire and invest in you?