Strange lights in Harrisburg

Discussion in 'UFOs, Ghosts and Monsters' started by Kittamaru, Aug 27, 2014.

1. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

http://www.abc27.com/story/26376997...oman-and-neighbors-see-ufo#.U_0RpmaLJ3c.gmail

I am... not sure what to think of this. We have several credible eye witnesses, including Police Officers... including the LP Corporal...

Definitely a UFO as it is unidentified... but the question then is... what in the hells is it?

EDIT - worth noting - it looks like this was filmed, literally, a five minute drive from where I live...

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Russ_Watters Not a Trump supporter... Valued Senior Member

There isn't enough information provided to tell anything. But sure -- they did see something. This is funny though (and yes, it is funny no one thought to take a picture):
    Sounds like she doesn't know what "UFO" means since "UFO" isn't something to be a "believer in".

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Stryder Keeper of "good" ideas. Valued Senior Member

I'd question "Hot Air Ballooning" since they don't have to speak to Air Traffic control if they aren't in any flight paths or airport controlled areas.

It's been getting more popular in recent years and if there is only one light in the sky (from the balloon being heated) then it's likely a private charter. (In cases where there is large numbers of lights in the sky it can be down to an actual ballooning event) From what was suggested Balloons tend to take off at Dawn and Dusk, so it could of easily been a night flight.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Arne Saknussemm trying to figure it all out Valued Senior Member

This is exactly why people shouldn't be drinking wine on their porches! :grumble:

8. Stryder Keeper of "good" ideas. Valued Senior Member

You think they should be spitting chewing tobacco instead?

9. Russ_Watters Not a Trump supporter... Valued Senior Member

Sorry, misread/misheard -- she did shoot a cell phone video. Yellow-orange dot: looks like a fire balloon to me. They said another neighbor saw it and said he thought it was a helicopter.

10. Russ_Watters Not a Trump supporter... Valued Senior Member

Hot air balloons land at dusk. It would be incredibly stupid to take off at dusk because you can't see where you are going. So it was almost certainly not a hot air balloon (passenger size anyway).

They tend to fly in the morning or just before sunset because that's when the wind is lightest.

11. dumbest man on earth Real Eyes Realize Real Lies Valued Senior Member

Evening star?
    Mercury?

12. Enmos Valued Senior Member

There's nothing to say, because theres nothing to see... :shrug:

13. Stryder Keeper of "good" ideas. Valued Senior Member

Indeed, however people still do it. Incidentally from the wikipedia (wikipedia)
    In other words it's got to glow in the dark if they are doing a night flight.

14. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

They had a video of it Russ - thing is, it was from a cell phone XD So horribly blurred.

Ah, now there's one I didn't think of! And it would explain the color changes as well - it'd get more yellow/orange as the burner is used!

Oh? I guess that makes sense, actually... I've never gone ballooning, I've no idea when they generally fly

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

That's interesting - a glow in the dark balloon would be awesome!

15. Arne Saknussemm trying to figure it all out Valued Senior Member

Even more awesome is when you tie a small rock to a plastic bag and throw it up in the air as high as you can, and it looks like a little paratrooper coming down.

... then again, maybe a glow in the dark balloon flying at night would be more awesome.

...difficult to say, really...