Teen athlete's family believe he got herpes from wrestling

Discussion in 'Biology & Genetics' started by StrangerInAStrangeLand, Aug 18, 2014.

1. StrangerInAStrangeLand SubQuantum Mechanic Valued Senior Member

Teen athlete's family believe he got herpes from wrestling
    Posted: Aug 15, 2014 By myFOXDetroit.com Staff

WYANDOTTE, Mich. (WJBK) - Fourteen-year-old Wyandotte resident John Martinez says it started with a bad headache followed by a rash and then a two-day stay at children's hospital.

"It's still a little bit there," he said. "It's trying to go away from the medications."

The diagnosis - herpes simplex.

"The doctors finally came in and asked me about my sports, about wrestling and if any kids has wounds or anything," John said.

His mother Nancy Martinez said that her son may have caught it while wrestling.

"They said they tested the four boys Johnny wrestled that day," she said. "Two of them had shingles on their forehead so they taped their foreheads."

Martinez believes they too have herpes, and their lesions were not taped.

"It was on their foreheads it was like little things - nothing major," he said. "So I thought maybe it wouldn't be a problem

Martinez claims she was never warned that her son could be exposed to such a dangerous virus.

"Every year they send us a paper about what these boys can catch," she said. "They never mention this herpes simplex disease and it affects these boys for the rest of their lives.'

At 6-foot-1 and 229 pounds, John hoped wrestling or football would be his ticket for a college education - but he's not banking on it now that he's contracted herpes.

"I wanted to end up getting a scholarship for football or wrestling so I can get (school) paid for," he said. "But since now that I have this disease I can't get a scholarship now."

http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/story/26294965/teen-athletes-family-believe-he-got-herpes-from-wrestling

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

That's a bunch of bull because many colleges will allow this person into their sports program because many people have this problem but it can be treatable.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. origin Heading towards oblivion Valued Senior Member

6' 1" and 229 at 14!!!

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Steroids are tasty!

8. zgmc Registered Senior Member

^ thats just wrong.

9. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

Yeah... but people, to this day, still think that it's the picture of "health"... I don't get how - I doubt that man could even throw a punch, much less run a mile... and sex? Yeah, right... even if he could, he'd be shooting blanks!

10. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

That photo has been photoshopped.

11. youreyes amorphous ocean Valued Senior Member

I was that weight and height at age 16

12. origin Heading towards oblivion Valued Senior Member

Ya think?

13. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

I should certainly hope so

Find the fake

14. origin Heading towards oblivion Valued Senior Member

The give away on the original picture was his 'junk', the amount of steroids needed to look like that would have resulted in the 'raisin syndrome'.

15. StrangerInAStrangeLand SubQuantum Mechanic Valued Senior Member

It is very rare & difficult to get me to call a person ugly from physical appearance but that is ugly. Is it genuine?

Edit : Guess I should've read a bit further.

16. StrangerInAStrangeLand SubQuantum Mechanic Valued Senior Member

Maybe he could hit you with a barbell. IF you're close enough. LOL

17. Gremmie "Happiness is a warm gun" Valued Senior Member

Mr. Bean on steroids... TFF.

18. sideshowbob Sorry, wrong number. Valued Senior Member

I went to high school with a guy who was taller than that at 14 but maybe not quite that heavy. He had the guts to wear an "I love county music" belt buckle in the 6os.