Extant

Discussion in 'Art & Culture' started by GeoffP, Aug 12, 2014.

1. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

The wife is watching Extant, in which an astronaut comes back to Earth nine months pregnant or somesuch after being in space for about 13 months on an alone mission. The mathematics are, of course, troubling in context of a space show.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

I don't wish to appear crass, but in such an instance wouldn't you just - I don't know - hit her with the flamethrower the second she stepped off the spaceship?

Molly: "Hi! Look at this! I've been alone in space all by myself and I'm about to have a baby!"

WOOOSH

Gas-masked soldier #1: "Shit, that was nuts. Crazy fucker came back with a space-creature of some kind or other in her tummy!"

Gas-masked soldier #2: "Yeah. Damn lucky she told us, though."

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Arne Saknussemm trying to figure it all out Valued Senior Member

She's kinda cute. If she invited me to visit her four months into her mission for a break from the gravity boots, I'd go.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

Apparently, this getting her pregnant by an alien was all a plot by the powers that be to make contact with these aliens. The CEO of the space company sponsoring all his said ominously: "They're already here." So we'll see what happens I guess..

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. StrangerInAStrangeLand SubQuantum Mechanic Valued Senior Member

You killed the Messiah!!!

8. billvon Valued Senior Member

Didn't she hide it for a while with the help of the mission doctor?