Robin Williams Dead of Apparent Suicide

Discussion in 'World Events' started by Kittamaru, Aug 12, 2014.

1. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

http://www.bob949.com/articles/trending-475573/breaking-news-robin-williams-found-dead-12659102/

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainmen...ead-at-63-in-suspected-suicide-officials-say/

I am... completely shocked. I knew he was hurting... but I had no idea he felt this alone...

Rest in Peace Mr. Williams...

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. AlexG Like nailing Jello to a tree Valued Senior Member

I find this terribly depressing.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. zgmc Registered Senior Member

Very sad news. One of the best. He will be missed.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Arne Saknussemm trying to figure it all out Valued Senior Member

8. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

Okay... seriously, wtf is that supposed to mean?

9. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

Nanu Nanu

He was addicted to cocaine for many years then tried to kick the habit which led to depression that finally he succumbed to.

10. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

This is so sad. He suffered not only a substance abuse problem, but was also bipolar. That's a rough and debilitating life. I feel for his family, but maybe they understood his deep need to no longer suffer. We just never know what crosses people are bearing in their personal lives. Rest now dear Robin.

11. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

I too am suffering from manic depression and bipolar disorder but have found a good doctor who put me on meds that keep me above water .....so far.

I just want everyone to know that help is out there and to seek that help out if you are having any mental problems.

12. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

One of the saddest parts about this is the fact that, if it hadn't been a celebrity committing suicide... it would've gone basically unnoticed. Maybe... just maybe... this can help turn the spotlight on depression and suicide and start really getting it noticed... it is a shame that it is such a taboo subject to bring up that for many who suffer from it... they feel like they simply cannot talk about it.

13. Arne Saknussemm trying to figure it all out Valued Senior Member

"Shazbot" (/ˈʃɑːzbɒt/ SHAHZ-bot), an Orkan profanity that Mork used.

14. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

Huh... I've played a lot of Warhammer games (PC based) and I never came across that.

The only Shazbot I knew was the one from BattleBots

15. AlexG Like nailing Jello to a tree Valued Senior Member

It's a word Mork used on Mork and Mindy.

16. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

Ah, that Mork (sorry, I was thinking Mork and Gork) - that show was a tad bit before my time (okay, i wasn't even born yet

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

)

17. Mrs.Lucysnow Valued Senior Member

No actually he was addicted to alcohol, he only dabbled with cocaine. He had been sober for over 20 years, he briefly fell off the wagon in the late 80's but quickly sobered up again. They say he had been struggling with depression.

18. Mrs.Lucysnow Valued Senior Member

Why is it shocking? Why do you assume he felt alone? He obviously had lot's of friends and family. Maybe it wasn't loneliness, maybe he was just exhausted.

19. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Oh, that's sad.

20. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

Lol, I'd seen it written several places - just never clicked for me, probably because I never saw Mork and Mindy

21. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

So I just wanted you to know for it seems you didn't.

22. Arne Saknussemm trying to figure it all out Valued Senior Member

As is often the case, art, music, literature, lyrics, poetry explain things so much better than the bald facts. It's a shame about old Robin.

[video=youtube;euuCiSY0qYs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=euuCiSY0qYs[/video]​

23. Stryder Keeper of "good" ideas. Valued Senior Member

Well Mork and Mindy was a spin off from his first appearance on Happy Days. Maybe you saw that?