Seattle earthquakes, the next doomsday for this sin city.

Discussion in 'The Cesspool' started by youreyes, Aug 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. youreyes amorphous ocean Valued Senior Member

After 2001 Nisqually earthquake, Seattle...the sin city of the NorthWest is up for complete annihilation as the article reads,

How can the fellow Seattle citizens protect themselves? They can't.

http://blog.seattlepi.com/bigscienc...gion-ready-for-another/#20077103=0&20079101=0

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. youreyes amorphous ocean Valued Senior Member

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Here is a photo from San Francisco earthquake in beginning of 1900s. Just picture Seattle with same ruins but more current cars and less people, to better understand the effects of the upcoming mega earthquake.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Walter L. Wagner Cosmic Truth Seeker Valued Senior Member

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. DwayneD.L.Rabon Registered Senior Member

Well, in general thought about earthquake safty in seattle and the pacific northwest, i think that they are in a good postion, as the 47 th latitude is a rather safe latitude to be located at. most of the pressures in the earth are deflected to the equater and lower latitudes before getting that far up in latitude. I further think that rock, clay layers, lava flows, are steadly increasing in compresives strength, or are still compacting as they have not reached thier maxium compresive load. in short the rocks and earth plates are getting stronger, rather than reaching their breaching points.
    so thier is some shifting and some compaction going on of former formed rock materail rather that major disturbing earthquakes.

I think also that much of the evidnece of major distubances that we see or hear about in the landscape is in the past or about 1,000 years plus in the past.

so thier may be some volcanic activity, but not a lot of plate shifting with major region changes.

still scale 6 earthquakes can do some damage in the area as the area has a lot of clay formation, and water run off due to the climate and former mountain formations.

Dwayne D.L.Rabon

8. Captain Kremmen All aboard, me Hearties! Valued Senior Member

What has sin got to do with it?
    Are you inferring that God placed a Geological fault, millions of years ago,
    in a place where he knew people would eventually behave badly?

9. origin Heading towards oblivion Valued Senior Member

What a load of pseudo-science crap.

10. youreyes amorphous ocean Valued Senior Member

Sin has everything to do with it. If you think that broken families, prostitution, high social inequality, drug histories, violence, gangs...are just things that go on without any retrospect in California, you are wrong. People choose the place they live in by what they deserve, by who they are, and no wonder these people are constantly battling fires and earthquakes non stop in west US.

11. youreyes amorphous ocean Valued Senior Member

12. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

Seriously? The lifestyles of Californians make it more susceptible to earthquakes and wildfires? I'm not seeing the causal connection here at all. Please elucidate..

13. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

When religious kooks hear about an earthquake and a fault, they think, "Oh, they must mean it the city's FAULT."

14. Aqueous Id flat Earth skeptic Valued Senior Member

Oh are you really Pat Robertson?

We don't already have enough trolling in the science threads? Seriously, the good folks here ought to redesign the Religion section, to parallel each of the science forums, so folks like you can dump your topic-specific rant there instead of here.

So American blacks deserved to be stuck in the South during Jim Crow? Take that to a site that thrives on victimizing vulnerable people.

None of any of this has anything to do with Earth Science. Washington state is prone to earthquakes whether humans inhabit the land or not. People live in earthquake zones because the towns that grew up there were established before Earth sciences were available to advise against it. Settlers came because there was economic opportunity there, and, eventually, educational opportunities not afforded elsewhere. Sounds like you could benefit from the educational opportunities along the West Coast yourself. I have a feeling you would at least learn a enough Earth Science and sociology not to post nonsense like this.

15. exchemist Valued Senior Member

I think this poster is some sort of Russian Orthodox Nationalist and obscurantist: definitely a "Slavophile", rather than a "Westerniser", at any rate. I picture him as looking like Tolstoy or Solzhenitsyn, with long white beard, piercing eyes and wearing a c.19th Russian peasant's tunic.

And bonkers into the bargain, of course…….

16. sculptor Valued Senior Member

sin city

hahahahahahaha

17. KitemanSA Registered Senior Member

Yup!
    It gots ta be all dat mary-jew-wanna. SMH

18. Captain Kremmen All aboard, me Hearties! Valued Senior Member

That is illogical, not geological.

19. youreyes amorphous ocean Valued Senior Member

I was mad at Tiassa when I created this thread) Of course I do not see connection between people's actions and geology.

20. DwayneD.L.Rabon Registered Senior Member

Well Origin, it seems you do not know much about washington states landscape, so i will give you your first clue of the discussion- you picked the wrong guy to argue with on the subject.

Dwayne D.L.Rabon

21. Dywyddyr Penguinaciously duckalicious. Valued Senior Member

To Origin: Rabon is best when completely and totally ignored. Fortunately he posts rarely. In fact so rarely that he doesn't get banned; were his "contributions" to the forum more frequent he'd qualify for a ban on the grounds of stupidity, as it is he's a very minor annoyance when you accidentally read his drivel.
    He's convinced that he not only makes sense and is rational but also that he's some sort of genius.
    Not one of those 3 characteristics can be accurately ascribed to him.

22. exchemist Valued Senior Member

Seconded. Wide synapses, Man!

23. Trippy ALEA IACTA EST Staff Member

Moderator note:

Seeing as how th OP has admitted to trolling, I'm disposing of this sperg.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.