Reality as Judged

Discussion in 'General Philosophy' started by Spellbound, Jul 23, 2014.

1. Spellbound Banned Valued Senior Member

The following website attempted to feed negative or evil programming into people's brains corrupting their personality. The purpose of this thread is to expose it for what it is. The website's owner made note of the reactions of people who corresponded with him then years later created a series of pictures of dead bodies, holocaust and 9/11 and blocked out the eyes of people in the pictures after which he visually proclaimed himself to be the devil all for what appears to have resulted in nothing....

http://www.actualfreedom.com.au/library/topics/what-who.htm

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. zgmc Registered Senior Member

What? You don't want actuall freedom? You know you do... But seriously that site gets really weird after you navigate away from the homepage. Not CTMU weird, but weird just the same.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Spellbound Banned Valued Senior Member

Should one be wary of websites offering things like freedom? Could this website be intended to feed lies into people to brainwash them and to attract evil into their lives by disguising its true intentions with "happy and harmless" wording? Because I have had nightmares of demons trying to possess me and I believe it is due to that website.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. danshawen Valued Senior Member

You almost have to be a 'm e n s a n' to understand Chris Langan's CTMU joke. He is parodying philosophy in general, with comical results, after a fashion. He's an autodidact philosopher who worked most of his life as a bouncer, so what do you expect?

Weird Al does parody much better, of course.

8. Spellbound Banned Valued Senior Member

This thread isn't about the CTMU. It's about the link in the OP which I believe opposes the CTMU. For information on the CTMU see this link: http://ctmucommunity.org/wiki/Main_Page

9. Spellbound Banned Valued Senior Member

Even if one supposedly has eliminated their instinctual passions or their 'I' and therefore suffers no longer it does not give one a free pass to do wrong.

10. danshawen Valued Senior Member

I find their main page to be freaky; doesn't make me wish to navigate or read any of it. No one in their right minds would write about setting themselves on fire ('self-immolation') as a 'liberating experience'. Since when is being bound in full body bandages with second and third degree burns in an intensive care unit 'liberating'? "Liberating" from what? This doesn't even make sense as a form of euthanasia.

I've found far worse than this, don't care even to discuss it. What is the really the point of even looking for such things, unless it is to take them down and prosecute?

11. Spellbound Banned Valued Senior Member

I think you're mistaken. The only story he mentions about someone setting himself on fire is the Buddhist monk he saw in 1966 which put him on the path to what he calls "Actual Freedom".

12. Spellbound Banned Valued Senior Member

The thing I want to know is, is the website good or bad? Can it be trusted?

13. zgmc Registered Senior Member

I would not put any trust in anything that site has to say. How can you achieve freedom if it is obtained by what someone else is telling you to do? Actuall freedom should be personal.

14. Spellbound Banned Valued Senior Member

They adamantly claim using words that they are genuine and honest and that freedom from suffering is possible by following their method.

15. Spellbound Banned Valued Senior Member

16. Spellbound Banned Valued Senior Member

NOTE: I believe anyone can obtain enlightenment by ridding themselves of their 'I' or their 'who' in bits and pieces the way I am currently doing. To do so one must get rid of all illusions and delusions after which one will be left in happiness and harmlessness. Perhaps the website isn't evil after all.

17. Spellbound Banned Valued Senior Member

I had another nightmare last night and now my conclusion is that the website is evil.

18. krash661 [MK6] transitioning scifi to reality Valued Senior Member

an old cherokee told his grandson
    " my son, there is a battle between two wolves inside us all.
    one is evil, it is anger, jealousy, greed, resentment, inferiority, lies and ego.
    the other is good.
    it is joy, peace, love, hope, humility, kindness, empathy and truth ".
    the boy thought about and asked
    " grandfather,
    which wolf wins ? "
    the old man replied
    " the one you feed.

19. Spellbound Banned Valued Senior Member

DEEP! That sums up my experience with this website. Trying to determine whether it is good or evil.

20. krash661 [MK6] transitioning scifi to reality Valued Senior Member

it's neither.
    if you notice about 98% of the post/topics here are,
    " that's not true " and " it is true ".
    nothing more.

edit-
    oh i'm sorry,
    i just realized you were referring to that link,
    i thought you meant this site.

21. Spellbound Banned Valued Senior Member

22. Spellbound Banned Valued Senior Member

"Wherever a lie has built unto itself a throne, let it be assailed without pity and without regret, for under the domination of a falsehood, no nation can permanently prosper. Let established sophisms be dethroned, rooted out, burnt and destroyed, for they are a standing menace to all true nobility of thought and action. Whatever alleged “truth” is proven by results, to be but an empty fiction, let it be unceremoniously flung into the outer darkness, among the dead gods, dead empires, dead philosophies."

23. sideshowbob Sorry, wrong number. Valued Senior Member

You should be wary of all websites and everybody offering things like freedom.