Weed.!!!

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by cluelusshusbund, Jul 8, 2014.

1. cluelusshusbund + Public Dilemma + Valued Senior Member

It wont be long befor weed is legal in most states... an a queston for the long time users... do you feel that you are beter off because of weed... or worse off.???

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Arne Saknussemm trying to figure it all out Valued Senior Member

Worse off. I smoked most days through the 1980s, virtually every day in the 1990s and I stopped in 2002 because I just didn't feel like it any more. After I quit I could read books more quickly and remember them. I actually found myself rereading stuff I had read once or even twice in those two decades and I finally absorbed it correctly. I felt like I had gotten not just my mind back, but my self. Weed may be much more harmless than the demon alcohol, but it is still an addictive narcotic that makes you stupid. In the U.S. it costs more than gold per gram,and you got nothing to show for it but that you enjoyed sex and rock and roll more while you were high, and you could have enjoyed these things without it.

I lapsed for a few weeks in 2011, and I stopped again because all weed did was make me feel anxious and lonely even in a crowd. It slowed time down, and not in a good way. I soon cared about nothing but when I could fill my bong gain.

Also I always remember the words of a young man who was 26 and already the mayor of his town of 6,000: "If you can't get high on life - brother, you can't get high!"

And if weed does become legal, it will be because Uncle Sam has decided it's an effective tool in their arsenal of keeping the american people down. Modern-day America is much like the old Roman Empire. Bread and circuses, corn chips and televised sports... yeah, legalize the munchies and the status quo will continue: the rich will get richer and the poor will be fucked.

Drugs use is slavery. Give it up. Do it today.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2014
  4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. cluelusshusbund + Public Dilemma + Valued Senior Member

Wow... that was quite a powerful post... good for you.!!!

I feel lucky that... back when i was growin up "Pot" was not readidly avalable in my small town... an the closest i ever came to it was hearin a rumer that some new guy at school smoked it.!!!

Plus i remember seein on tv... "Why do you thank they call it Dope"

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. kx000 Valued Senior Member

What's it like in the legal states?

8. brucep Valued Senior Member

It made you stupid. Probably had a good head start.

9. Stoniphi obscurely fossiliferous Valued Senior Member

Hmmmm, well, my cancer chemotherapy is "drugs" and the doctors tell me staying on the program can save my life. Don't sound much like slavery to me. :shrug:

I have several friends with cancer besides myself, some have MMJ cards for nausea and other complaints. Are they 'slaves' too? Hows about the MS patients, AIDS patients etc? They all 'slaves' too?

In my humble opinion, ALL "drugs" should be legal and available to those who want them or need them. If you wish to die in an alley with a needle in your arm, it is your right. It is not my right to tell you how to live your life or to pass value judgements on you for your actions. If you do not wish to take "drugs" then you should avoid doing that. If you need help avoiding 'drugs', you should get help with that too.

10. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

TUESDAY, Feb. 4, 2014 (HealthDay News) -- The legalization of marijuana is an idea that is gaining momentum in the United States, but there may be a dark side to pot becoming more commonplace, a new study suggests.

Fatal crashes involving marijuana use tripled during the previous decade, fueling some of the overall increase in drugged-driving traffic deaths, researchers from Columbia University's Mailman School of Public Health report.

"Currently, one of nine drivers involved in fatal crashes would test positive for marijuana," said co-author Dr. Guohua Li, director of the Center for Injury Epidemiology and Prevention at Columbia. "If this trend continues, in five or six years non-alcohol drugs will overtake alcohol to become the most common substance involved in deaths related to impaired driving."

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct...qYH4DA&usg=AFQjCNGxgm8t-V_OC7otYxvAuZBVeFEJ3Q

Effects on the Heart

Within a few minutes after smoking marijuana, the heart begins beating more rapidly and the blood pressure drops. Marijuana can cause the heart beat to increase by 20 to 50 beats per minute, and can increase even more if other drugs are used at the same time.
    Because of the lower blood pressure and higher heart rate, researchers found that users' risk for a heart attack is four times higher within the first hour after smoking marijuana, compared to their general risk of heart attack when not smoking.

Other Health Effects

Research indicates that THC impairs the body's immune system from fighting disease, which can cause a wide variety of health problems. One study found that marijuana actually inhibited the disease-preventing actions of key immune cells. Another study found that THC increased the risk of developing bacterial infections and tumors.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct...8YHIDw&usg=AFQjCNExTen95VssdATke6jvcatY277FeA

11. Arne Saknussemm trying to figure it all out Valued Senior Member

Well sure, Stoniphi, weed for chemotherapy, AIDS, glaucoma or simple nausea is fine if it's being used medicinally. The original question was 'do you feel that you are better off because of weed?' and I gave my answer. If you want to see my declarative sentence that drugs are slavery and everyone should quit as passing a value judgment... oh come on. You know perfectly well what I meant. I don't believe the OP was considering medicinal use either. You raise a good point. Unlike alcohol, which has a medicinal use limited to minor cuts, scrapes, abrasions and possibly halting fever in its early stages, marijuana is a legitimate herbal medicine. I was only speaking for myself and people who are in good health. I wish you and your friends improved health. If getting high does that, then power to you.

12. scheherazade Northern Horse Whisperer Valued Senior Member

CBC News has been running the following story all day:

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/legal-pot-shops-open-in-washington-state-1.2699800

I have tried some excellent samples of the product in question so I understand the attraction for some and that it has certain therapeutic and medicinal applications, but it is not for me.

13. parmalee peripatetic artisan Valued Senior Member

I’ve hinted at this before, but anyhows, I’m a “junkie.” I employ the square quotes because I don’t ever get “high” or”loaded”—I certainly have on occasion, but that was the result of an accidental overdose. Also, I drank and rarely smoked pot, took hallucinigens, etc. in my youth, until I quickly discovered that I hate all that shit. Now, and for the past twenty—odd years, I don’t drink (alcohol), I don’t smoke pot, and I use nothing else—save the poppies. I will smoke decent hashish if I can find, though it’s not terribly easy on this shit-hole continent (North America).

Any honest medical professional or neurochemist will tell you that morphine is by far the best anticonvulsant in the world. I’m obscenely epileptic—AKA epileptic as fuck--and refractory with regards to all those bullshit “anticonvulsants” Big Pharma is pushing. The exception being phenobarbital which will alternately turn you into a drooling imbecile or a belligerent psychopathic (I’m prone to the paradoxical reactions); also; benzos are life-saving when used infrequently and with caution.

Anyways, I’ve used heroin (NO needles, though that is in fact the best way to get the maximum efficiency and potentcy—junkies ain't dumb, well, some are), shitty pills (the opioids—synthetics), and poppy pods among other things. Poppies are by far the best and I do not hesitate to state that they have quite literally saved my life.

Again, i don’t get “loaded,” I just take enough to stabilize my my moods (ultradian at worst) and abate my seizures—not entirely successfully, mind, but far better than any shit so-called “anticonvulsant.”

So, am I a junkie (no square quotes) in your eyes, Arne?

14. parmalee peripatetic artisan Valued Senior Member

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct...qYH4DA&usg=AFQjCNGxgm8t-V_OC7otYxvAuZBVeFEJ3Q

From here: Daily Paul: Dedicated to restoring Constitutional government to the United States of America :rollseyes:

Idiot.

Take your trolling elsewhere.

15. andy1033 Truth Seeker Valued Senior Member

I would never smoke in my life, so that tells you what i think of it.

They are only doing this as they have behaviour mod techs to control alot of society today now. Its only because of these techs they are allowing this.

But for me, never smoked and glad.

16. Stoniphi obscurely fossiliferous Valued Senior Member

Here is a copy of the intro to the US goverenments' patent on the use of cannabis as a neuroprotectant

...and another for the US governments exclusive right to produce cannabis based neuroprotective medicines

The government wants emergency responders to be able to deliver cannabis to crash or injury victims on scene in order to prevent brain swelling from head trauma or closed head injury.

I know, just another excuse to get high - right?

I have another 3 Mb + of such articles, Cosmic. Any time you want to play this game I am up for it. Just let me know if you want the whole articles.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

EDIT: for my cancer I have done major surgery to remove the 35 gram tumor, 40 radiation treatments and am in my second year of intermittent chemotherapy. When I woke up in hospital I was stoned to the bone on something in the IV. They kept me like that for a week, then I went home with a catheter in. I was stage T3c so with a little luck I will remain cancer free when I am done sometime next year. I do not enjoy getting stoned, high or drunk, sorry.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

I am martial artist and an 'exercise nut' and run 7 miles a day 7 days a week. I take only the meds prescribed to me by my doctors.

17. heytogi Registered Member

"Currently, one of nine drivers involved in fatal crashes would test positive for marijuana," said co-author Dr. Guohua Li, director of the Center for Injury Epidemiology and Prevention at Columbia. "If this trend continues, in five or six years non-alcohol drugs will overtake alcohol to become the most common substance involved in deaths related to impaired driving."[/SIZE]

Effects on the Heart

Within a few minutes after smoking marijuana, the heart begins beating more rapidly and the blood pressure drops. Marijuana can cause the heart beat to increase by 20 to 50 beats per minute, and can increase even more if other drugs are used at the same time.
    Because of the lower blood pressure and higher heart rate, researchers found that users' risk for a heart attack is four times higher within the first hour after smoking marijuana, compared to their general risk of heart attack when not smoking.

Other Health Effects

Research indicates that THC impairs the body's immune system from fighting disease, which can cause a wide variety of health problems. One study found that marijuana actually inhibited the disease-preventing actions of key immune cells. Another study found that THC increased the risk of developing bacterial infections and tumors.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct...8YHIDw&usg=AFQjCNExTen95VssdATke6jvcatY277FeA[/QUOTE]

Nice and dandy...have you seen the movie (or documentary) "The union", maybe you should?

18. Stoniphi obscurely fossiliferous Valued Senior Member

The meaning of this statement appears very clear to me. If you meant something other than what you said here, perhaps you should be more careful in how you present your ideas. :shrug:

19. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

Lets see I posted an article from a reliable source and then posted another article backing that article up dealing with adverse effects of pot. Now you say I'm trolling, why is that? Is it because I posted information that YOU don't want to hear? Is it because YOU don't want to understand that pot does cause problems. YOU remind me of someone who wanted cigarettes to be sold and didn't want to hear the truth about them.

20. parmalee peripatetic artisan Valued Senior Member

(bloding mine)

I reiterate: Idiot.

Sorry to be an ass, well, not really--but do you know how to cite a source properly, by which I mean not this "googlesearch...." bullshit, and do you have any critical faculties whatsoever or powers of discernment? I'm guessin' you'd consider storm***nt a reliable source, just 'cuz it's on da interwebs--am I right?

21. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

Another link about the harm it can do. This is from the NIH which is another reliable source that I'm aware of.

What Are the Other Health Effects of Marijuana?

Marijuana use may have a wide range of effects, particularly on cardiopulmonary and mental health.

Marijuana smoke is an irritant to the lungs, and frequent marijuana smokers can have many of the same respiratory problems experienced by tobacco smokers, such as daily cough and phlegm production, more frequent acute chest illness, and a heightened risk of lung infections. One study found that people who smoke marijuana frequently but do not smoke tobacco have more health problems and miss more days of work than those who don’t smoke marijuana, mainly because of respiratory illnesses. It is not yet known whether marijuana smoking contributes to risk for lung cancer.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct...TL24E4&usg=AFQjCNGbH1r7y_QbEadJAdA5F2lGfqJ1ng

I will be happy yo post even more reliable links if you don't like what I have posted here.

22. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Big deal, it always worked for me. If I didn't have weed, I would probably die.

23. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

Remember what happened when the government found that cigarettes were harmful? They forced the manufacturers to pay out billions in claims. I believe the exact same thing is going to happen with pot and with the links I've provided it is only a matter of time the government will do the same thing as they did with cigarettes.

Pot is just as dangerous, if not more so, than cigarettes for it impairs your thinking and vision which, when driving, does create a hazard.