Is Total ''Parentectomy'' the Only Solution for MSbP?

Discussion in 'Human Science' started by etherometer, Jun 28, 2014.

1. etherometer Banned Banned

Critical Care Nurse Vol. 30, No. 6, DECEMBER 2010. American Association of Critical-Care Nurses:

Both the diagnosis and the cure for the victim of Munchausen Syndrome by Proxy is complete separation from the perpetrator,
    a total �parentectomy.�

Co-director of Harvard Graduate School of Education's Risk and Prevention Program, Catherine Ayoub claim:

''In the context of this relationship, the child is used as an object to bring the mother attention for her devotion, knowledge, and sacrifice on behalf of her ill or handicapped child. Many authors argue that a second important maternal interest is in attracting and maintaining the attention of powerful professionals-pediatricians, teachers, and mental health professionals�in order to compete with them and to demonstrate intellectual superiority by �fooling� the experts''.

I see Narcisim could be the core element in common with psychopathy. For example when making a parallelism with cases as Jane Toppan, Graham Frederick Young, Dr. Crippen, George Trepal, Harold Shipman, etc.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Bells Staff Member

Parent(s) (or caregivers) who suffer from MSbP and who endanger their child(ren) in the process tend to lose custody of the children as soon as they are found out. As such, if the doctors and nurses suspect that the parent or caregiver is poisoning, inflating illness, causing harm and illness or endangering the child for medical attention, they can and do literally deny the parent all access to the child. Any access (if allowed) is supervised. Parent's who do this are also more often than not, arrested and charged.

With MSbP, I do think removing the child from the care of the parent or caregiver is beneficial for the child's health and well-being, for obvious reasons.

One of the more concerning aspects of MSbP is the ease with which people can obtain certain medications online. There was a case here in Queensland (Australia), where the mother was able to purchase chemotherapy drugs online. Which she then administered to her very healthy daughter for over 10 months, resulting in the 4 year old becoming critically ill. While she has made a recovery now, no one knows what the long term effects will be.. Which is a terrifying prospect. But the mother was able to order these drugs online.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Fraggle Rocker Staff Member

It doesn't say where she got them from. Some place like Thailand, I suppose, where everything is available at a price?

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Bells Staff Member

Having done a quick search to see where and how, you can buy them from online pharmacies in Australia, US and UK, as well as most other countries.

You can even buy injections and infusions. Drugs like Mitomycin and Carboplatin can be purchased online. While the ones I was just looking at requires a prescription, by the looks of it, you can buy cancer drugs for animals without prescriptions and some online pharmacies also sell them without prescription - obviously these are from third world countries where it's basically as you said, where everything is available at a price.. Scary stuff.

8. Fraggle Rocker Staff Member

Wow. My oldest dog (14) has several problems that will kill her before long, and she requires a couple of prescriptions to keep her alive as long as possible. I order them online from 1-800-PetMeds, but they require a prescription from a veterinarian, or else simply call her and verify it.

People who live near the Mexican border can just drive across. Many medications can be sold directly by a pharmacist without a prescription, but he'll grill you and do his best to make sure that you know what you're doing. I find this rather strange, since Mexico has a very good health care system and poor people don't have to pay a peso for it.

Canadian pharmacies used to be pretty loose and many medications were available by mail order without a prescription. But they've cracked down on that, surely due to pressure from the U.S. government.

In the USA, online pharmacies work exactly like brick-and-mortar shops.

Several states have legalized marijuana for medical use. (Duh? People have been using it for asthma, glaucoma, and appetite restoration after chemotherapy for decades!) But the pharmacies are a little squeamish about stocking it. So if you have a prescription you have to go to a pot shop to get it filled!

9. etherometer Banned Banned

What about children living in rural areas, or poor living in the Appalachian Mountains, for example?

How to save their lifes? Their mothers could toxicate them using toilet water, urine, decomposed food, etc. Or why not, they could be nurses, physicians and very intelligent toxicomaniacs.

From the Free Dictionary:

Toxicomania

2. (Med.) An insane desire for intoxicating or poisonous drugs, as alcohol or opium.

10. etherometer Banned Banned

I fund this Covert Surveillance Camera:
    (The vendor told me it is suitable for MSbP, and can be placed in a kitchen because itresist humidity. But its Specifications List don't mention Operative Humidity

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

)

Black Box Micro HD Hidden Camera - on sale by Brickhouse Security.