Ever dream of this man?

Discussion in 'Art & Culture' started by Magical Realist, Jun 9, 2014.

1. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. StrangerInAStrangeLand SubQuantum Mechanic Valued Senior Member

The psychiatrist should have included the drawing in a line up with at least 5 others & asked people whether they dreamed of any of them then if so, which 1.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. cornel Registered Senior Member

I like how they put "dreamers" on their flag-counter.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. origin Heading towards oblivion Valued Senior Member

This should be in the fringe section. What a bushel of BS...

8. Beer w/Straw Transcendental Ignorance! Valued Senior Member

A wet dream?

9. NMSquirrel OCD ADHD THC IMO UR12 Valued Senior Member

crap! I looked.. now i'm gonna dream about it.. bastards!

10. Arne Saknussemm trying to figure it all out Valued Senior Member

I must confess that I opened this thread, and as soon as I realized it wasn't some misplaced homage to Hollywood heart throb, I was a little creeped out. I was just out of bed, you see, and I was afraid that when I clicked on the link it would be the boogeyman, or some person I actually had dreamed about moments before, and was already forgetting.

But no, just more woo from the woo master. He slightly resembles an old friend of mine, from waking life, but not so much really. I'm thinking of making him my avatar just to tee off the OP, but that would be mean, and dream guy is an ugly little cuss.

Has it occurred to anyone that that (in the links) the reason the 'wanted' posters from all over the world look the same right down to the way the locks of his hair fall is because its an internet download of the same sketch? All any of this proves is that they have printers in those countries, which we already knew.

Spooky!

11. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

I think this guy is the late night janitor in the building where our planet's "Matrix" supercomputer is located.

12. cornel Registered Senior Member

You realy believe any of this ?

If you start making sketches of all the persona we see in our dreams, off course some persona are gonna have similarities, and some of those similarities will be more common then others, nothing strange about.

Now, if you're going to take a sketch and start showing it to people, the chances of them "recognizing" somebody from their dream is a huge because we're very easily fooled people, this is why we test medicine against placebo's.
    (And if you ask me, especially a psychiatrist should know how easily fooled people are and should be fired for stirring up such a BS-story.)

13. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

Why do you think I put it in the art/culture section? No I don't buy it. But I think it is an ingenious experiment dealing with the creation of urban legends, collective mythologems, and other consensual sub-realities.

14. Arne Saknussemm trying to figure it all out Valued Senior Member

No, I've never dreamed of This Man, but I have dreamed of

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Have you ever dreamed of:

15. Stryder Keeper of "good" ideas. Valued Senior Member

This has been debunked before, from what I can remember (my memory could be wrong but we have it explained in another thread somewhere on the site) the guy in the picture is a French Surrealist that outputted this "dream image" as a form of viral artwork.
    In essence it's completely bogus, it's no different than the time traveller with the mullet.

16. StrangerInAStrangeLand SubQuantum Mechanic Valued Senior Member

Have you ever dreamed of :

17. sculptor Valued Senior Member

She looks familiar:
    Who is she / was she?

18. Fraggle Rocker Staff Member

Isn't that Marilyn?

19. sculptor Valued Senior Member

wow
    great google feature
    you can click on an image then search for the image

It seems that that is Barbara Eden on "I love Lucy": (so sayeth the great and powerful google)

[video=youtube;MMTJHucyyCk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MMTJHucyyCk[/video]

20. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

I seem to only dream of aardvarks.

21. StrangerInAStrangeLand SubQuantum Mechanic Valued Senior Member

She was also on Bachelor Father, Father Knows Best, Andy Griffith Show & many others & was 1 of the leads on the "How to Marry a Millionaire" series before "I Dream Of Jeannie".

Huh? How does that work?

22. StrangerInAStrangeLand SubQuantum Mechanic Valued Senior Member

I didn't notice before but I see why someone might guess that. I don't think she usually looked this much like Marilyn but it's 1 of those facial expressions at just the right angle at just the right time. It's also a few years before the time of "I Dream Of Jeannie".

23. StrangerInAStrangeLand SubQuantum Mechanic Valued Senior Member