Why police detectives and the FBI consult psychics

Discussion in 'The Cesspool' started by Magical Realist, May 18, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. origin Heading towards oblivion Valued Senior Member

The reason can succinctly be stated as 'hope overcoming reason'.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

"Like many children, Kristy Robinett had what her parents would refer to as imaginary friends. Friends who would join the family for dinner and make themselves at home on the couch. The problem was, of course, that no one else could see them, so it wasn’t unusual for someone to accidently sit on one of them – at which point, Kristy would let out a startling scream. It all seemed like child’s play, and something her parents even went along with for a while, until at the age of three, Kristy repeated something one of her friends had to say.

“I saw a lady who told me she was my great grandmother,” Kristy explained, “and she said that I should let my mother know that my grandma was going to die and she needed to be prepared. At three years old, I didn’t really understand that dying was a bad thing. So when my grandparents were over for a visit, I said, ‘Grandma needs to leave now, she’s going to die.’

“I got a spanking and from that moment on, if I was talking about my friends and I saw my mother give me that look, I’d go into the closet and talk to them.”

Six months later, Kristy’s grandmother did die and before the funeral her mother asked her how she knew. Once again Kristy explained her great grandmother’s appearance and that she showed her angel feathers. Her mother turned to her and said softly, “I see crows”, and then went inside the house, sobbing.

“It wasn’t something we ever discussed again,” Kristy said with a hint of sadness in her voice, “and not long after, my mother marched me down to the local Lutheran school, hoping they could put some God into me. But as I sat there in class, the teacher’s father, who had passed away, kept bringing me messages he wanted me to share with her. I ended up in the corner a lot. It was hard to answer questions about bible stories, with this man ranting on and on. My parents weren’t very happy about that either.”

But there was one family member who was supportive -- her mother’s father. Kristy’s grandfather was her protector and never questioned the things she claimed to see and know.

“He died when I was seven,” Kristy recalled, “and at his funeral I saw him leaning up against a tree, smoking. I ran up to him thinking there must have been some sort of mistake and he said, ‘Kristy, I’ve died, you have to take care of Mom. I know what you are. I was sensitive too.’ And then he gave me a hug and walked to his grave site and disappeared, just like something you’d see in a movie.

Over time, Kristy tried desperately to turn the volume down on the voices that would come to her. She stopped going into the closet to talk with her friends, simply deciding to keep them there -- locked away, where no one would judge her or give her “that look".

“I still knew things though, which was helpful, because after college I worked in human resources,” she laughed. “I knew who to hire and who to fire, and if someone was faking a back injury so they could go to a baseball game! But it also helped me guide people. I couldn’t tell people their dead mother was saying she was sorry she made them become an accountant when they really wanted to go to nursing school, but I could guide them down a path that I knew they’d be happier on."

“But I wasn’t walking my own walk. I was being the cheerleader, waving my pom-poms for everyone else, but I wasn’t doing what I told everyone else to do.”

Until one day Kristy realized she could no longer quiet the voices around her or her own. Secretly she began giving readings at a metaphysical center -- a center that just happened to be around the corner from a police station. And the officers would come in from time to time, to see if she could discreetly give them some guidance on a case. Once they knew they could trust her, they began sharing her name with colleagues across the country.

It was at that point Kristy says that she also began receiving more visits from people who had died in violent crimes and wanted to bring peace to their families. She compared the scene in her living room to a line one might encounter at the DMV – but she was the only one who could see it. And according to Kristy, a young woman named Ashley came to her.

“She told me her name and that she’d been kidnapped and murdered,” Kristy recalled. “Her family thought she was missing and she wanted them to know the truth. I didn’t have much information to go on, but I started Googling and put in the words Ashley, missing, about 20 years old. That’s when a Crime Stoppers photo came up and the picture was identical to the girl who had been standing next to me. Her name was Ashley Howley.

“I struggled with what to do, but I knew when I saw the picture that I had a hit. I emailed Crime Stoppers and said, ‘I swear I’m not crazy, I’m a psychic medium and I’d like to help the family.’”

That email led not only to the family, but to a metro park near Columbus, Ohio, where Kristy drew a map for park rangers showing them where she believed they’d find Ashley. She had been missing for four years.

“At that point they asked me for my driver's license. I had never been to the park before. I had never even been to Columbus before, but the information I had was so specific that they thought I might be connected to the case.”

Eventually, Kristy led the family and the park rangers to the exact location where she believed Ashley was buried -- what she didn’t know, was that it was within sight of a home Ashley’s boyfriend had occasionally lived in. The rangers then released rescue dogs and they led them to the very same spot.

Yet nothing could be done. Unbeknownst to Kristy, the police had believed all along the boyfriend had been involved, but they needed evidence that could hold up in court. So they refused to break ground -- until months later, when he was arrested -- suspected of murdering his mother and her boyfriend. That’s when he took them to Ashley’s body, encased in concrete, in the very plot of land Kristy had led the rangers to.

Today, Kristy continues to work on criminal cases, but only when police officers or private investigators agree to collaborate with her, so that families aren’t left with information they can’t act on. Otherwise, she limits her “detective” work to her Livonia, Michigan office, where she uncovers messages from those who’ve passed on -- often guiding clients to the path they were meant to be on -- only now she’s happy to tell people why she’s so confident they’ll succeed.

“So often we’re our own worst enemies,” Kristy said. “I think so many of us are afraid to follow our hearts because of what people will think. I spent a lot of time punishing myself over a gift I was given. But now that I’ve stopped hiding who I really am, I’m so much happier."===http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/...c-medium-begins-solving-crimes_n_1904892.html

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

So where are they when the jet went missing? It would seem that everyone knew about it but none gave any information as to where it went down.

8. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

9. origin Heading towards oblivion Valued Senior Member

In every case that I have looked at - close inspection of the facts shows there was no phsychic abilities brought to bear.

I know that you enjoy believing in magical stuff but I just like to interject some rationality into the discussion from time to time.

10. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

And I know you like denying the facts but I just like to educate people here about them. The more you know about a subject the more likely you can form an accurate opinion on it. Unless of course you've already made up your mind. Which basically describes 99.9 % of the skeptics out there. So how do you explain it when psychics are uncannily dead on? See those 81 crime cases they helped solved again. Consider this case for example in which two psychics were dead-on about the victim, his name, his wife's name, his friend's name, the murder, the murder weapon, the location of the murder, and the exact full name of BOTH the murderers!

http://www.victorzammit.com/articles/sensingmurderchapterbook.htm

Last edited: May 19, 2014
  11. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

Neither of these links provided a specific location as to where the plane is located. Both links were vague in most everything they said. The first link said

the plane headed southwest well that sure can't be proven since the plane hasn't been found has it? The second link only told of a terrorist organization

that did something but nothing about the location of the plane.

12. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

It's pretty hard to identify a location in the ocean. No landmarks or anything to visually cue the psychics. So it makes sense that even if they saw the missing plane somewhere, they wouldn't be able to identify its location. Also, the way most psychic detectives work is by touching an object belonging to the missing person. Lacking such, perhaps they can't hone in on their location.

13. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

"Over the years I've heard and read many times from Skeptics that, "there isn't a single case in all of recorded human history where a Psychic's Information has led to the discovery of a body or an arrest in a murder". Really now?

Etta Smith Case:

http://content.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,963923,00.html

"In 1980, Etta Smith, a shipping clerk in Los Angeles, heard an announcement on the radio about a house-to-house search for Melanie Uribe, a missing woman from her neighborhood, as documented in A&E's film and Larsen's Psychic Sleuths. Smith had an impression that the woman was not inside a building but outside in a certain area, and though she'd never before had such an overwhelming sense of something, it seemed so vivid that she reported it to the police. "It was like someone was talking to me," she said. She felt that the nurse had been hit in the head and dumped in a canyon, which she showed to a detective on a map. She said there was a dirt path going to her. When he seemed not to take her seriously, she decided to go have a look on her own.

As Etta drove through the target area in Lopez Canyon, she had a feeling of "urgency." Spotting some tire tracks in the dirt, she felt them and sensed the trauma that had taken place there. "It was like a thermometer going up." She got back into her car and drove, but her daughter told her to stop because she'd seen something. What she had spotted were a pair of white nurse's shoes.

Smith knew who was there. She drove away and spotted a policeman. She waved him to a stop and told him about the body. He told her to go home. She did, but then two detectives came to bring her in for questioning. She agreed to take a lie detector test, and the police later said that she'd been judged "deceptive," so she was treated as a suspect, strip-searched, and put into a cell for three days. They planted an undercover cop in the cell with her to try to find out why she had come forward and whether her information had come from neighborhood gossip, as suspected. The cop reported that her motive was money.

Then three men confessed and Etta was released. She filed a wrongful arrest suit, asking $750,000 in damages. The jury awarded her $24,000.

She says she never had another such vision, or if she did, she was smart to not report it."---http://www.debunkingskeptics.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1049

14. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

It is called latitude and longitude, once you know that you can find anything.

15. origin Heading towards oblivion Valued Senior Member

Gosh that's amazing. Lets see what some less stary-eyed people think about these "amazing" psychotics, I mean psychics.

http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Sensing_Murder

http://www.sillybeliefs.com/murder-3.html

I know this will have no effect on your magical belief system, because, well gee, magic is just so fun!

16. Russ_Watters Not a Trump supporter... Valued Senior Member

1. Actual detective work. One thing psychics are good at is reading people. They have to be: it's how they fake their psychic abilities.
    2. Luck. Winning the lottery may be a one in a million proposition, but someone always wins.

17. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

Gosh that's amazing. The case was verified by the detectives AND the families. And then you get an armchair skeptic who just claims it was all faked. Now who are we gonna believe? Hmmm...lol!

18. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

I see. So the 81 cases I listed with detective and police testimony affirming how the psychics provided real information that helped solve the cases were just fake. Sorry..not even I will fall for that one. And no, being able to "read people" will NOT result in the psychic finding the location of the body or the identity of the killer.

No..finding the location of the body, the method of murder, and the identity of the killer cannot be just luck. The cases are all there for the public to review. Did you even look at them?

19. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

Case 12
    Place: Belvedire Police, Warren County, New Jersey.
    Case: Murder of nurse Elizabeth Cornish- cold case
    Psychic: Nancy Weber

Evidence Produced:
    The closest the police came to solving the crime was to suspect the victim’s boyfriend. “WRONG!” said gifted psychic Nancy Weber, “he’s innocent”. The actual suspect, she said, “has reddish brown hair, is 5’10” tall, has a scar in his right side of his face, has a beard, his first name is John and his surname was one syllable starting with “R” (later confirmed to be ‘Reece’), he wore a “Western” type buckle on his belt and he resided in the flat above the murdered victim. The murder weapon was a hammer- the suspect threw it in the water nearby". All this physical evidence was subsequently found to be one hundred per cent correct. The police had initially brought John Reese to do a polygraph test which was administered by a police expert with 23 years experience. But the polygraph CLEARED the suspect! At this point the police wanted to concentrate on the victim’s boyfriend but the psychic said ‘stay with the tenant John Reese.’ The breakthrough came after the autopsy report showed that John Reece’s alibi did not cover the actual time of death. After heavy questioning, John Rees confessed, was charged, convicted and is now serving a lifetime in jail.

Witness comments:

1) Capt. Detective David Heater of Warren County Prosecutor's office: “Nancy was probably one of the driving forces which kept me going back to

Reese ... I was willing to give him up but she was very insistent ... whether you want to call it a spiritual matter ... whatever it is the psychic sees you got to be able to believe in it ... there is science ... it may be supernatural. I don't know how to explain what a psychic does ... how they do it ... all I know it works."

2) J. Lewis police polygraph expert:
    " I had been brought in to polygraph two suspects. They both passed their polygraph tests and I cleared them. But a few days later I received a phone call that the second person, John Reese, had been brought back in for questioning and confessed to the murder! In my entire career running the polygraph, this is the only known error that I made. Imagine my surprise when I read in Nancy's book that the detective was quoted as saying that it was her identification of Reese that directly led to him being brought back in! Thank God for Nancy. Because of her, Reese was caught. Even though I am retired from the New Jersey State Police, I still conduct polygraph examinations and consult on open cases. I do not hesitate to recommend that investigators contact Nancy for help on their cases. In fact, I feel I would be remiss if I did not. She is a valuable resource for law enforcement."

20. Russ_Watters Not a Trump supporter... Valued Senior Member

That isn't what I said: that item was actually a compliment! Please reread and try again.
    But it can be both.

21. Russ_Watters Not a Trump supporter... Valued Senior Member

Wow, so the "psychic" "saw" that one of the suspects the police already had was the right one?! Remarkable!

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

22. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

No..you read it wrong. She had already given them the information that led them to bring in John Reece, but since he cleared the polygraph, they wanted to refocus on the boyfriend instead, which was their original suspect. So Nancy tells them to stay with John.

Here's a few more cases Nancy Weber helped solve. Winning the lottery my ass..

75.PSYCHIC DETECTIVES episode ‘Crossing Paths’.
    Place: Washington Township Police Department
    Case: female student Rachel Dames murdered
    Officer in charge: Detective Gary Micco

Evidence produced by gifted psychic, briefly, “I see a man … he’s very narrow and thin … everything about him is … miserable … has lots of anger … terror and darkness … I see Rachel looking very nervous … he walks behind her (in the woods road) … he’s dragging her into the woods … yes I see this man attacking her … I see a struggle … it’s horrific … I see a uniform … he worked in gas station … his name is Michael … this Michael has taken overdose of pills … (police ask psychic to draw a map where to find the suspect) …You are going to get him soon …” (Police catch suspect …was in hospital being treated for overdose of pills; he confessed to killing Rachel …convicted and sentenced to life imprisonment. Police officer say the map the psychic drawn was accurate).

POLICE COMMENT: Detective Gary Micco: Psychic Nancy Weber was on the money (accurate) with her predictions … She was amazingly accurate and very helpful in terms of bringing this case to a conclusion.
    Evidence Produced: The gifted psychic Nancy led the police where the criminal actually lived. She pointed to the actually building. The suspect slept in a uniform ... There she said – I see him in my mind – coming and going. The criminal was arrested, interrogated and confessed.

Police comments:
    1) Col. Irvin Smith of Wilmington Police Department “Nancy Myer made an outstanding contribution to law enforcement and the community. She was not paid for her services - she wouldn't take money. She was just a lady who wanted to help.”
    2) Detective Jay Ingaham: "It was one of the most amazing things (psychic Nancy Myer changed the police suspect sketch) to have one of our composite sketches changed to make it look like the real suspect. ... we had nowhere else to go (with the case) ...She would walk like a houndog trying to sense where the suspect has been ... and she (the psychic) actually pointed to the building where the suspect made an application to reside there ... then we caught him ... and the people of Delaware could live in peace again ...). It makes the hair on the back of your neck stand up when you know she (the psychic) can do something like that."

Case 7
    Place: Morris County Police
    Case: Debbie Keyes' ex-husband abducted 3 children against a court order
    Evidence produced:Nancy first told her that the specific information where her husband had taken the children – to Euless, Texas. When police checked it out they found that the children had been there but had been moved days earlier. But the psychic came up with a new address in Ramona, CA. From there the police actually spoke to a neighbor who told them that once again the children had just left – but gave them an address in Hawaii where the children had been taken. Debbie Keys- had not seen her children for thirteen months but Nancy Weber told her that one of her daughters had been attacked by a dog and was left with a scar on her face, but that she would be reunited with them soon. That’s exactly what happened – Debbie Keyes was reunited with her children – her daughter had a scar on her mouth caused by a dog!

Police Comments:
    Detective Lou Masterbone from Morris County Sheriff’s office: “If it wasn’t for Nancy Weber in this case we would not have gotten the children back … her insight, her help … we could not have done it without her.”
    Source: Court TV Psychic Detectives

Case 42
    POLICE DEPT: Parsippanny New Jersey
    Case: 'Driven by Darkness.' Serial killer James Koedatich
    Psychic: Nancy Webber
    Some of the information by psychic:
    - "victims knifed, not shot."
    - "I see a many grabbing the girl pulling her into his car at knife point..."
    - "the car is older model ... shaded green ..."
    - "I see the killer ... white ... first name James ... surname starts with K and ends with ich ..."
    - (at the murder scene, pointing the exact spot where the victim was killed ...)
    - "killer is about 5 foot ten inches ..."
    - "he's done some hard time in Florida jail)
    - "he's going to kill again." (he did)
    - "I see his tire tracks .." (critical physical evidence)
    - "suspect had recent problems with local police officer whose surname starts with hard "c" ...
    (Police officer Contanza found- Police officer Contanza spots the car listed as the one driven by the suspect. Stops car - driver's name: James Koedatich) - the name which had been given by the psychic some weeks before!

Police comments:
    1) Detective Jim Moore: "It's just amazing how some people have this gift ... she was right with everything she told us ... someone might say it's unbelieveable ... but I became a believer ..."
    2) Sgt Bill Hughes: "In my opinion this is no different when you use a psychic to point you in the right direction ... same when you use police hotline to give you direction to source leads ..."
    Source: PSYCHIC DETECTIVES, Court TV productions. Episode called 'Driven by Darkness'

23. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

Wow..so you can determine latitude and longitude just by looking at a spot on the ocean? lol!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.