world peace

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Beaconator, Apr 21, 2014.

1. Beaconator Valued Senior Member

I think a good way to create world peace is to have a crowd of people dancing in the middle of a battlefield and tell both sides to shoot anyone who isn't dancing or tries to kill someone dancing.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Who has a "battlefield" anymore?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

Personally, I think before parties go to war they should be forced to do the Little Frog Dance (i.e. Små grodorna). It has kept the Sweds at peace for a long time.

[video=youtube;on9PLzlY0Ww]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=on9PLzlY0Ww[/video]

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

That's because Sweden has nothing anyone wants and if you think it does please enlighten me as to what it is.

8. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

LOL, oh no, I mean who would want one of the world's largest economies. It's stock market has more than doubled in the last 5 years and the country ranks number 6 on the Global Social Progress Index - well ahead of the US. And Sweden ranks number 7 in per capita GDP, beating the US which ranks number 9. Sweden ranks number 10 in healthcare efficiency, well ahead of the US at 46.

I mean who would want one of the world's most wealthy and advanced countries?

9. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

And what is it they produce that makes their economy so robust?

10. Fraggle Rocker Staff Member

Conquering a nation and taking it over is not a wise strategy, particularly one whose economy is largely based on knowledge-work. The transition itself will wreak havoc, and the workers will not be enthusiastic about their new overseers, much less loyal to them.

In the recent past, Sweden has managed to maintain neutrality in wartime, making itself a useful resource to the warring factions. Of course in the more distant past the Swedes were considerably more bellicose, even though they did not actually have horns on their helmets.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

According to Wikipedia, the engineering sector is half of the economy (hence my earlier remark about knowledge-work), which is export-oriented. Timber, iron ore and hydroelectric power are the natural resources that support this economy. Sweden is also the world's ninth-largest arms exporter. It is dominated by large organizations in both manufacturing and services. Even its public-service sector is huge, although almost all of its industries are privately controlled, unlike many Western nations.

The country is well aware of the imperative to "work smarter, not harder," and plans on shortening the standard work week to thirty hours. The few U.S. companies that have tried a 32-hour week experience a plummeting error rate, resulting in higher quality and productivity and greater profits--although this may be due to the fact that everyone wants to work there so they can hire the best employees in the country.

11. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

Coincidentally, that is about the time when they began dancing around in circles and singing (i.e. The Little Frog Dance).