Intro of a new member

Discussion in 'About the Members' started by Truck Captain Stumpy, Apr 9, 2014.

1. Truck Captain Stumpy The Right Honourable Reverend Truck Captain Valued Senior Member

I am a simple mountain man who is a retired Firefighter (Truck Captain). I am also retired from the military (as a firefighter and with a stint in the combat arms - 14R Bradley Gunner on the Bradley Linebacker).
    I spent most of my professional military and fire department career as a Truckie (either working the Truck or investigating) as well as spending 4 years on the space shuttle Rescue Team working TAL sites in Spain and Morocco. I trained on Columbia in 1993.
    When I retired I started raising wolves and retraining/rehabilitating them for release into the wild.

not much else to say really. Mostly I came here to ask questions and learn something because I have always loved science. I noticed that this site has moderators and that they banned certain people that I am annoyed with on other forums. (thank you for that)

PEACE

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Sorcerer Put a Spell on you Registered Senior Member

Welcome to the forum.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Arne Saknussemm trying to figure it all out Valued Senior Member

Welcome. What other forums are you talking about, please?

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Gremmie "Happiness is a warm gun" Valued Senior Member

Other forums? There are no other forums... : /

8. Captain Kremmen All aboard, me Hearties! Valued Senior Member

Welcome also.
    Yes, what forums?
    Anyone banned on here is usually banned everywhere else.

9. Stoniphi obscurely fossiliferous Valued Senior Member

Welcome to the Sciforums, I am pleased to meet you. :wave:

10. Arne Saknussemm trying to figure it all out Valued Senior Member

A truly genuine LOL, Cap'n K! :roflmao:

11. Truck Captain Stumpy The Right Honourable Reverend Truck Captain Valued Senior Member

sorry. I just read this.
    the other forums were actually comment sections on Phys.org. not actually a "forum".

12. Truck Captain Stumpy The Right Honourable Reverend Truck Captain Valued Senior Member

Sorry for answering so late.
    Phys.org. he rules and bans are less moderated. they come back, much like herpes... showing up and posting stupid comments that are completely unsubstantiated by facts. They get banned, but then set up a new profile as soon as they can set up a new e-mail address.

Last edited: May 10, 2014
  13. Truck Captain Stumpy The Right Honourable Reverend Truck Captain Valued Senior Member

please to meet you as well.
    Hello.

14. Truck Captain Stumpy The Right Honourable Reverend Truck Captain Valued Senior Member

thank you. I hope to learn much.

15. thermo Registered Member

TCS is quite active in the PhysOrg comments section. He helps counter a lot of the trolling that appears on the site. I am also one of those who has been active on PhysOrg and Truck Captain Stumpy pointed me at this site. I'm looking forward to seeing how this site works.

16. Truck Captain Stumpy The Right Honourable Reverend Truck Captain Valued Senior Member

Nice to see you here
    it's supposed to be heavily moderated, and I am hoping it is.
    I was trying to send you a PM but I don't have enough $%^& posts yet. sorry. email is the same as above moniker except put a period after each word (except stumpy). I use gmail.com too...

17. Truck Captain Stumpy The Right Honourable Reverend Truck Captain Valued Senior Member

and whatever you do, DONT STOP with Alche yet!

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

its getting good!
    also... you may see Reality Check here (he was banned once) he posts under a different moniker now. Undefined
    I don't know WHY they let him back on here... especially given his propensity for trolling. he is flooding phys.org again now because he is mad.

anyway... send an email when ya get time. PEACE