Curious if you ponder like me

Discussion in 'General Philosophy' started by Curious Thought, Apr 9, 2014.

1. Curious Thought Registered Member

Read through>____________________>

be warned I am very stoned typing this.

Do you ever just question yourself? Questioning everything from the obvious vanities of personal appearance to more subtle traits such as ability to shuffle a deck of cards. Then you begin to analyze am I really good at anything and what does it matter. Then personally I begin to ponder the great insufferably moronic question of all time spanning the universes duration. What is a reality?…
    Then I just zone out thinking about concepts of universes coexisting within themselves ie. that earth is just a single cell living within a infinitely larger humans eye and if you zoomed out a far enough you would notice that the stars and planets make up the back end of an eye (Optic Disk).

Anyways just wondering if anyone ponders like this?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. quinnsong Valued Senior Member

There is someone here at sciforums that smokes the weed from the dispensaries in Washington State and I bet he could relate; if I recall the stuff he smokes even causes his electronic devices to ponder the universe

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

:m:

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. scheherazade Northern Horse Whisperer Valued Senior Member

I don't smoke but there have been times, standing under the aurora borealis at midnight with a black velvet sky as backdrop for countless stars, that I ponder just how insignificant one small denizen of a population of 7 billion plus really is in the context of time and space that we call 'universe.'

A tiny, unique entity embedded in the fabric of consciousness, am 'I'.

Les Picker Photo

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. cluelusshusbund + Public Dilemma + Valued Senior Member

Prolly most people have such interestin thouts... but thangs like that are jus more of lots of thangs that i dont know an cant know... so i concentrate on what i do know... or what is posible to know... such as how good the bed is gonna feel about 30 minutes from now... an that im gonna have somptin good for brekfast in a few houres an have a good day doin stuff i wanna do.!!!

8. Arne Saknussemm trying to figure it all out Valued Senior Member

Clueless, my friend. Do you even know what a spell checker is? Really dude, sometimes it's too much work to try to decipher your post. It just gives people an excuse not to pay any attention to you if you submit nonsense like the above post. Here's a clue for you. Left click on all the words with little wavy red lines under them. Thanks, bud.

9. Gremmie "Happiness is a warm gun" Valued Senior Member

Hmm... First of all it's clueluss not clueless. You never bothered to notice. He's a good guy, and defended me when I was a "noob" here...I have no problem with you, just don't take my friends to task. Respect others, they will respect you...

10. Arne Saknussemm trying to figure it all out Valued Senior Member

It's 'clueluss' because he won't bother to spell much anything properly. He is a good guy and one of two people on my friends list. I am taking his spelling to task, not him, and if it's 'respect' we're talking about, respect the language, and respect others enough to adhere to standard spelling. Standards don't exist so some people can get all high and mighty about them, but to smooth things out so we can all just communicate without worrying about the details. Not everyone here is a native speaker of English. Clue clearly is, so he should know he is only confusing those less well versed in our language. And for those of us who are fluent it's just annoying and hobbles his writing. As I've said, careless spelling (and grammar) just gives the reader an excuse to pay no attention to what you are saying.

11. Gremmie "Happiness is a warm gun" Valued Senior Member

OK, calm down... I understand what you're saying. It's just his posting style . he even left this forum, for I dunno, maybe a year, because of his spelling. I really don't give a shit about spelling... We have posters here, even mods, that really have nothing to say, but, their grammar and spelling are correct... Fuck that. I care more about content than being grammatically correct.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2014
  12. Captain Kremmen All aboard, me Hearties! Valued Senior Member

He prolly hassant got a spellin checker.

13. Gremmie "Happiness is a warm gun" Valued Senior Member

I'm divorced now Cap... I no longer have one either. Lol. I think I have an old Chubby Checker album though. Does that count?

14. Captain Kremmen All aboard, me Hearties! Valued Senior Member

That's a good one, Gremmie.

15. Gremmie "Happiness is a warm gun" Valued Senior Member

Thanks... Just in a mood. It's not even 5 am yet. Sorry for derailing the thread. Wasn't hard to do though... Just sayin'.

16. Rav Valued Senior Member

Last week I got stoned for the first time in about 5 years and I gave it up as a regular recreational activity long before that. It was mildly enjoyable I guess but ultimately it just reminded me of why I stopped. Years ago I used to really value the way it kicked my creativity into high gear and sort of thrust me into a world of insightful conceptualization. In that sense (and in that sense alone) it was kind of like acid but with the intensity turned down. But perhaps the only reason I draw that parallel strongly is because back in the day, when I used to do a lot of acid, I'd get really stoned while I was waiting for it to kick in. Consequently the first few hours of a trip were basically a really intense LSD-driven amplification of the effects of THC combined with a really intense THC-driven amplification of the effects of LSD. Or something like that. Anyway, once I'd decided I'd had enough acid to last a few lifetimes and threw in the towel, smoking marijuana by itself was still essentially a recipe for the recreation (through associative mechanisms) of certain sorts of intense LSD-like experiences. Some people call them flashbacks, but they're rarely as fleeting as the term suggests when you're stoned.

Anyway, what happened eventually is that as I got older the gulf between my capacity for creativity and insight with drugs and without got smaller and smaller until being stoned started to become somewhat counterproductive. Perhaps that is what some people mean when they say they've "transcended the drug experience". What I think happened is that the natural progression of the expansion of my consciousness, a critical part of which was the ongoing development of my self-knowledge, reached some sort of critical point. These days I tend to place a lot more importance on the integrity of my thought processes because rather than just being interested in having profound stoned revelations about the nature of existence and the self, I'm interested in what's actually true; what's actually real. At some point I realized that stoned revelations are often just that: stoned revelations. Upon more objective review they don't always make sense no matter how fucking blown away you were by them at the time. Sometimes they're a bit like a really good conspiracy theory that while being compelling enough to convince due to a clever joining of a bunch of dots, is ultimately demonstrably false.

Anyway:

Sure. And I don't know how to stop. I watch other people go about their lives fully immersed in day to day concerns and although I can certainly get caught up in such things myself I'm just as obsessed with the great questions of existence as I was when I was 16. More so. There's definitely a bone around here somewhere and I'm not going to stop digging until I find it. The big question is have I wasted my time if I never do as some people might (and in my experience do) suggest? Definitely not, because as anyone who has ever done any serious digging knows, all kinds of interesting shit turns up.

17. cluelusshusbund + Public Dilemma + Valued Senior Member

Yeah... i jus ignore people like that.!!!

Mater of fact... im a fuggin genious :xctd:

Not really... im from Kentucky.!!!

I use "google compose" spell checker... an i used it a lot when i needed to write business type stuff... but i dont enjoy postin whare i have to use a spell-checker/dictionary... an i perfer to post the way i talk... so thar you have it Arne... "cluelusshusbund"... take it or leave it... eh

PS to Arne:::

Soomer or later you will come to love cluelusshusbund... everbody does

18. Gremmie "Happiness is a warm gun" Valued Senior Member

All praise Pasture Timmy... Lol.

19. cluelusshusbund + Public Dilemma + Valued Senior Member

Ah shucks... now i feel like God (on a good day) :wave:

20. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

I can't contemplate much when I'm......

21. Gremmie "Happiness is a warm gun" Valued Senior Member

Looks like he's smoking a roll of paper towels...don't Bogart dude.