Genuine fairy photographs

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by Magical Realist, Apr 7, 2014.

1. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Sorcerer Put a Spell on you Registered Senior Member

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Arne Saknussemm trying to figure it all out Valued Senior Member

“Every time a child says 'I don't believe in fairies,' there's a a little fairy somewhere that falls down dead.” -Peter Pan
    James Matthew Barrie (Scottish Dramatist and Novelist best known as the creator of Peter Pan, 1860-1937)

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Arne Saknussemm trying to figure it all out Valued Senior Member

double post

8. Sorcerer Put a Spell on you Registered Senior Member

Good. Soon they'll be finished off entirely and won't bother us anymore.

9. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

Is the Mirror like the National Enquirer of Great Britain?

10. Sorcerer Put a Spell on you Registered Senior Member

It saves you buying toilet paper.

11. Balerion Banned Banned

Don't you think that's something you should have investigated before you posted?

12. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

13. Balerion Banned Banned

I already know fairies aren't real, because I'm not a child. I was referring to you, who has a tendency to believe things like this. Don't you think, for your own sake, it might have been worthwhile to see just what kind of source The Mirror really is?

LOL!!!! The photos are claimed to be real, by the same idiot who is claiming them to be evidence of the existence of fairies:

These are from your own link. Right at the top of the search. So, either you didn't actually read the results you linked to, or you don't understand the difference between a claim and a fact. Which is it?

14. C C Consular Corps - "the backbone of diplomacy" Valued Senior Member

Genuine photographs? There seems to be no mention [in the article] of whether Hyatt produced these current images via old school chemical processes [genuine] or by newer electronic / computer technology [not genuine]. This observation obviously setting aside another issue in itself: As to how / why digital picture-taking could not be included as genuine photography. Or put another way: What else could have a remote chance of being submitted and argued to be "counterfeit photography" other than digital, since surely no [normally sighted] person would ever be fooled by even the most superior artwork [up close]. At least it is not disputable that the decades-old images below were produced by genuine photographic film [or plate] being exposed.

"John said the name is a nod to the famous story of the Cottingley fairies where two schoolgirls in Bradford claimed to have photographed fairies in their garden, which they confirmed 60 years later had been faked with cardboard cut-outs."

15. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

So you must be bitching and whining just for the fun of it since I just showed that what kind of source the Mirror is is entirely irrelevant to the story. The same story is reported by like 12 other newsources, including the Huffington Post.

You have some evidence the photos are faked? Didn't think so. So let's see now. The story is a lie because it was published in the Mirror, and the photos are faked because well, just because, right? Any thing else you wanna claim? Maybe the photos are of rare four-legged midge flies or something?

16. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Yes, that is most likely. If you would have us believe these are little flying humanoids, you are going to need better evidence than that.

17. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

I'm not forcing anything on you. I even said judge for yourself. The story speaks for itself. It is what it is.

18. Russ_Watters Not a Trump supporter... Valued Senior Member

19. Balerion Banned Banned

"Bitching and whining?" Let's take the maturity level up a notch or two, eh? No need to throw shit just because you bad right now.

Ah, the old "Make a crazy claim and then claim victory when no one can disprove it" canard. You're too smart for that one, MR.

To your "point," I certainly don't have any evidence that they're genuine, which, you'll recall, is the claim made in the thread title: "Genuine fairy photographs".

The photos aren't fake because they're in the Mirror. They photos might be of something real. But they're certainly not photographs of fairies, because we know fairies are mythological creatures, like unicorns. I mean, we're all adults here, right? Or are we supposed to pretend that fairies might actually exist? And why would we do that? Or, right, becuase we can't prove they don't exist, isn't that how it goes?

:facepalm:

If the photos are genuine (a claim you made and failed to support) then they're obviously some type of insect. Unless you're suggesting that claiming the discovery of a new kind of insect is equally as plausible as the discovery of fairies...?

20. Balerion Banned Banned

He didn't say you were forcing anything on us, Captain Strawman.

Look, you titled a thread "Genuine photographs of fairies." You can't cry foul when people call you on such nonsense.

21. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

Keep up with the thread troll. I already mentioned the rare 4 legged midge.

22. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

It is what it is whiner. Real photos of things that look a lot like fairies. That's why it made international news. Duh..

23. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

You don't have to do shit. Like I said, I'm not forcing you to do anything. Judge for yourself. Is that really too hard for you without getting all bent out of shape?