What is the best cell phone?

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by scorpius, Apr 2, 2014.

1. scorpius a realist Valued Senior Member

What is the best smart cell/mobile phone and why?

With so many phones out there I'm having hard time deciding on which one to get,,so give me your opinions...
    Thnx

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

You can probably get a solid gold phone that does everything, but it may not be the best in terms of price.

What I mean is: what do you want it to be "best" at?

Generally, you get what you pay for, though there are marginal differences at any given price point.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. billvon Valued Senior Member

What do you want to do with it? Read books? Talk? Text? Check email? Listen to music? Take pictures?

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. StrangerInAStrangeLand SubQuantum Mechanic Valued Senior Member

I want it to make me a drink & cook dinner.

8. andy1033 Truth Seeker Valued Senior Member

Depends on what your looking for.

If you do not care what others think about what you got, get an android, if you do get an iphone.

Personally, although i do not use mobiles, i have one, and its a moto g. The best cheap mobile yet, but although i never use it, its very handy for me with maps etc. But i would think its as good as many expensive phones.

So it depends on what sort of person you are. If you have no money and do not care about others, get a moto g.

9. leopold Valued Senior Member

in my opinion, the best "cell phone" would be the one that offered the most airtime for the least price.
    straight talk from walmart offers 1500 minutes and unlimited texts for $30 a month and no rollover or unlimited minutes and unlimited texts for $45 a month no rollover.

10. Sarkus Hippomonstrosesquippedalo phobe Valued Senior Member

The best cell/mobile would be the one that offered you what you want (and what you will likely want within the timeframe of the contract) for the least financial outlay over the term of the contract, taking into account any residual value of the hardware etc.

Whereas one person may just want the very basics of a phone (ability to make calls, keep a basic contact list etc), others would want the full and latest smart-phone experience. The former would possibly find the "best" to be merely the cheapest available, while the latter would not want anything less than the latest iteration of the top-range Samsung, Apple, LG phone etc.

The "best" is thus highly dependent on one's needs, so unless you state your needs, it is a question that can not (in my view) be satisfactorily answered.

11. Sarkus Hippomonstrosesquippedalo phobe Valued Senior Member

Strictly speaking your answer has little/nothing to do with the best "phone" but the best network package you can get. Which is a distinctly different question.