Page 1 of 24 123456789101112131415161718192021222324 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 462

Thread: The double solution theory, a new interpretation of Wave Mechanics

  1. #1

    The double solution theory, a new interpretation of Wave Mechanics


  2. #2
    Valued Senior Member
    Posts
    2,661
    So you are sabotaging wikipedia entries now? That's despicable.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Russ_Watters View Post
    So you are sabotaging wikipedia entries now? That's despicable.
    It's the correct interpretation.

  4. #4
    Valued Senior Member
    Posts
    2,661
    Quote Originally Posted by cav755 View Post
    It's the correct interpretation.
    Who are you to make such a claim?

    Answer: you are not in a position to make such a claim. Or, even: no one person is entitled to such a claim.

    This behavior by you is despicable.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Russ_Watters View Post
    Who are you to make such a claim?

    Answer: you are not in a position to make such a claim. Or, even: no one person is entitled to such a claim.

    This behavior by you is despicable.
    Even if you incorrectly believe it is not the correct interpretation it is still a valid interpretation.

  6. #6
    Valued Senior Member
    Posts
    2,661
    Quote Originally Posted by cav755 View Post
    Even if you incorrectly believe it is not the correct interpretation it is still a valid interpretation.
    You're not getting it: this has nothing to do with whether your interpretation of QM is right. This is about you sabotaging the wikipedia entry. In other contexts, this would be illegal. In this case, it is just in ethical/immoral and despicable.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Russ_Watters View Post
    You're not getting it: this has nothing to do with whether your interpretation of QM is right. This is about you sabotaging the wikipedia entry. In other contexts, this would be illegal. In this case, it is just in ethical/immoral and despicable.
    I added the de Broglie Wave Mechanics/Double Solution interpretation to the "Interpretations of the experiment" section.

  8. #8
    Valued Senior Member
    Posts
    2,661
    Quote Originally Posted by cav755 View Post
    I added the de Brolgie Wave Mechanics/Double Solution interpretation to the "Interpretations of the experiment" section.
    Right. If you went to a library and started maliciously editing books or went to an art museum and started painting-over the works, or ran out on the field to disrupt a ball game you would be arrested. Wikipedia's lax security and standards make such attacks possible, with little consequence, but ease of commission does not make the attack any less unethical/immoral and despicable.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Russ_Watters View Post
    Right. If you went to a library and started maliciously editing books or went to an art museum and started painting-over the works, or ran out on the field to disrupt a ball game you would be arrested. Wikipedia's lax security and standards make such attacks possible, with little consequence, but ease of commission does not make the attack any less unethical/immoral and despicable.
    If a book describing the interpretations of the double slit experiment was missing the de Broglie wave mechanics interpretation then the book would not be complete.

  10. #10
    Valued Senior Member
    Posts
    2,661
    Quote Originally Posted by cav755 View Post
    If a book describing the interpretations of the double slit experiment was missing the de Broglie wave mechanics interpretation then the book would not be complete.
    Again, holding that opinion is not what is at issue here: this is about vandalism. It is despicable.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Russ_Watters View Post
    Again, holding that opinion is not what is at issue here: this is about vandalism. It is despicable.
    Under "Interpretations of the experiment" I added the de Broglie wave mechanics interpretation.

  12. #12
    Valued Senior Member
    Posts
    2,792
    Quote Originally Posted by cav755 View Post
    Under "Interpretations of the experiment" I added the de Broglie wave mechanics interpretation.
    No you added your interpretation of de Broglie wave mechanics!

    If I knew how I would lodge a complaint with Wiki. When many people go to Wiki they are not looking to find what you think. They expect that what they read has some measure of consensus, among those who know the subject.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by OnlyMe View Post
    No you added your interpretation of de Broglie wave mechanics!

    If I knew how I would lodge a complaint with Wiki. When many people go to Wiki they are not looking to find what you think. They expect that what they read has some measure of consensus, among those who know the subject.
    Read the quote associated with the article having to do with Steinberg. The article says the results are in line with pilot-wave theory (which wave mechanics is the precursor of) where the particle travels through a single slit and the wave passes through both.

    What waves is the hidden medium.

  14. #14
    Like nailing Jello to a tree AlexG's Avatar
    Posts
    3,864
    cav755 is a sockpuppet of the banned user MPC755 and has been reported as such.

  15. #15
    Robbing the Shalebridge Cradle CptBork's Avatar
    Posts
    4,825
    Seems cav755 was already running into some conflict with the Wikipedia content moderators almost immediately. I added to the talk discussion to make sure everyone there knows what's up with cav's crap, hopefully they'll get rid of him for good. Lame and pathetic, the guy doesn't deserve to ever have his first kiss let alone use the internet.

  16. #16
    Just another cunning troll, I thought so.

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by CptBork View Post
    Seems cav755 was already running into some conflict with the Wikipedia content moderators almost immediately. I added to the talk discussion to make sure everyone there knows what's up with cav's crap, hopefully they'll get rid of him for good. Lame and pathetic, the guy doesn't deserve to ever have his first kiss let alone use the internet.
    And I responded with:

    "What I have posted here is an explanation of what occurs physically in nature in a double slit experiment according to de Broglie's wave mechanics. I'm not sure why it causes people who consider themselves knowledgeable about physics to go nuts."

  18. #18
    Valued Senior Member
    Posts
    2,661
    Quote Originally Posted by cav755 View Post
    And I responded with:

    "...I'm not sure why it causes people who consider themselves knowledgeable about physics to go nuts."
    Are you being honest here? You honestly don't see why what you did is unethical?

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Russ_Watters View Post
    Are you being honest here? You honestly don't see why what you did is unethical?
    Under the "Interpretations of the experiment" section of the Double slit experiment wiki page I added the de Broglie's wave mechanics interpretation of what occurs physically in nature in a double slit experiment.

    Is the issue de Broglie's wave mechanics actually explains what occurs physically in nature in a double slit experiment?

  20. #20
    Valued Senior Member brucep's Avatar
    Posts
    2,412
    Quote Originally Posted by CptBork View Post
    Seems cav755 was already running into some conflict with the Wikipedia content moderators almost immediately. I added to the talk discussion to make sure everyone there knows what's up with cav's crap, hopefully they'll get rid of him for good. Lame and pathetic, the guy doesn't deserve to ever have his first kiss let alone use the internet.
    He's been spewing this same nonsense 'forever'. He's a sock puppet of gravitational_aether who was permanently banned from this site. He's spewed this 'same thread' over many sites under many pseudonym. I'd call him intellectually dishonest but you would need to have an intellect to qualify for that.

Similar Threads

  1. By Mazulu in forum Pseudoscience Archive
    Last Post: 06-14-12, 04:14 AM
    Replies: 76
  2. By Kaiduorkhon in forum Pseudoscience Archive
    Last Post: 07-16-07, 08:05 PM
    Replies: 0
  3. By Kaiduorkhon in forum General Science & Technology
    Last Post: 07-16-07, 08:05 PM
    Replies: 0
  4. By Origen in forum Physics & Math
    Last Post: 12-05-02, 06:02 PM
    Replies: 7
  5. By thed in forum Physics & Math
    Last Post: 05-16-02, 06:08 AM
    Replies: 1

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •