Passed Peeer Review - Paper on "The Dihydrogen Oxide Universe" to be published!

Discussion in 'General Science & Technology' started by dumbest man on earth, Apr 1, 2014.

1. dumbest man on earth Real Eyes Realize Real Lies Valued Senior Member

Mark this date on your calendars, people!

I received a registered letter this morning, notifying me that my Thesis on DM and DE, Titled "The Dihydrogen Oxide Universe", will be published in the next issue of SA!

My paper ties the preponderance of Dihydrogen Oxide in the Universe to the supported evidence that DM and DE are simply manifestations of the condensation of Dihydrogen Oxide onto free Carbon atoms adrift in Intergalactic Space.

I still cannot believe that my Thesis has been reviewed, tested, retested and accepted for publication!

I will Post more later...right now I am scouring the Web for more news of my achievement.

Like I said before, NOTE THIS DATE ON YOUR CALENDAR!!!

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Arne Saknussemm trying to figure it all out Valued Senior Member

Congratulations. I suppose now you are only the second dumbest man on Earth? Dihydrogen oxide is water, right?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Stryder Keeper of "good" ideas. Valued Senior Member

Ah, April the 1st, it's always a time for Fools.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. wellwisher Banned Banned

If you look at the summer sky, you can often see dark clouds, even where there is no shadow from other clouds. What is happening is the hydrogen bonding with the clouds is absorbing energy and therefore has less emissions than the white cloud which are reflecting more. Matter transitions which absorb energy, and will appear dark (less observed emissions) yet show behavior implicit of more material. The dark cloud will weigh as much as the white cloud yet give off less energy.

If you understand hydrogen bonding this theory is what one should expect. Hydrogen bonding displays both van der Waals and covalent bonding character. Van der Waals is about dipole interactions (opposite charges) while covalent is about bonding orbitals (electrons within orbitals). Normally in water both bonding states will occur. With water condensation on carbon, there will be a slant toward the higher energy van der Waals, almost exclusively, since carbon can't form covalent hydrogen bonds to water. Since the van der Waals is slightly higher energy, than the covalent this is an endothermic condensation compared to pure water; dark cloud.

One way to demonstrate this in the lab is with water movement in carbon nanotubes.

What happens is the water can't bind to the carbon in ways that minimize the energy of the water; endothermic.

8. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

Well, technically speaking it would be dihydrogen monoxide if you wanted proper scientific notation

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

9. Arne Saknussemm trying to figure it all out Valued Senior Member

Or just call it 'water' since it deserves a special name. BTW, I like the Chinese character for dihydrogen monoxide

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

It is said to resemble a drop of water hitting the earth.​

10. wellwisher Banned Banned

The four most abundant atoms in the universe are hydrogen, helium, oxygen and carbon, in that order. While the two most abundant molecules in the universe are H2 and H20. Interestingly, the potential between H2 and H20 ( top two) defines the bookends of the energy range that life uses. There are only a few species of bacteria than can use this entire range. Most life uses something less energetic than H2; reduced carbon CH-.

It is very reasonable that interaction of 3 of 4 of the most abundant atoms of the universe, which can interact chemically, (H, O, C), via H2O and C) will also play a major role in universal dynamics.

Water helps the formation of stars through a process that I call collapse hammer. Water is somewhat unique among natural substances, in that the melting of ice (solid) to liquid water causes an increase in density and a reduction of volume. All other natural things, except the element Antimony, will expand when they become liquids. The universe was designed well with #2 molecule one of the two exceptions.

If ice is collecting by gravity, and the pressure is heating the ice, when the core ice become liquid, there is a 10% reduction of volume, causing a run-away collapse that will amplify the gravitaitonal work like a hammer. If we include carbon-water interactions, the carbon-water interface amplifies energy as electrons are pulled from the carbon. This looks like dark energy until it poofs into fusion.

11. Fraggle Rocker Staff Member

That's certainly an anthropocentric point of view. Surely a universe could function quite well without this exception. The only major difference would be the lack of life--and perhaps even that might only be true on earth-like planets.

If ice were denser than water, then when bodies of water begin freezing, the ice will sink to the bottom. The rest of the water will keep freezing until it's a complete solid, and this would be a rather hostile environment for primitive life. But since ice is less dense than water, it floats, becoming a protective shield from atmospheric temperature, for the still-liquid water beneath it.

Perhaps there are planets elsewhere with more stable climates. Life could evolve there even if ice sinks.

12. rpenner Fully Wired Valued Senior Member

Please cite a source. For example, my source says
    http://blogs.scientificamerican.com/life-unbounded/2011/08/02/the-molecules-that-made-the-universe/
    See also: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trihydrogen_cation
    http://fermi.uchicago.edu/publications/PDF/oka260.pdf
    Because of the XUV and low gas densities that characterize much of space, CO and O₂ and N₂ may all be more abundant than neutral H₂O.

Also, you are responding to an April Fool's post with untimely nonsense.