This History Will Be

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by JJM, Mar 28, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JJM Registered Senior Member

Howdy.....Hello.....One day faster than light spacecraft will be built. The question is, should it be built? Does humanity deserve it? Will humanity bring their wars into space? Should it be built to save humans from governments' tyrannies? Any 'change' from Freedom and Liberty can only be oppression and enslavement. So the question is, are there any supporters for the Human Being going to anyplace they want in space, unfettered and free? If you support human freedom, then how will governments change to allow for it to be?

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

Who will stop them?

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. NMSquirrel OCD ADHD THC IMO UR12 Valued Senior Member

will it?

why shouldn't it?

irrelevant, technological advances do not consider worthiness.

takes two to fight

rephrase the question, the reason for something being built is usually 'because we can'

different argument.

if you are talking privatization of space, average citizens able to purchase their own ships, who would stop them from going anywhere they wanted to?
    who has jurisdiction in space?

again different argument.

of course this all assumes that these ships have artificial gravity to prevent the degeneration of our bones due to no gravity.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Arne Saknussemm trying to figure it all out Valued Senior Member

Hate to be a stick in the mud, but what makes you so sure there will be faster-than-light or even near-light or at light-speed travel? Say....you're not when of them Trekkies, are you? I am no physicist, or even particularly clever, or so I am constantly, constantly!, told, but it is my understanding that even near-light speed travel is no mean feat. We have to consider the un-Rodenberry but very real possibility that such a thing never will be. Yes, it is kind of sad, but there you are. So I'm not sure we need to speculate on the morality of faster-than-light travel. Um, well, my apologies, carry on!

8. NMSquirrel OCD ADHD THC IMO UR12 Valued Senior Member

of all things Trek, I would like to see transporters become real.

9. Arne Saknussemm trying to figure it all out Valued Senior Member

Sure, but they'd destroy the economy. Remember that a matter transporter can also manufacture what is needed from 'thin air'.

10. NMSquirrel OCD ADHD THC IMO UR12 Valued Senior Member

wormholes and whatevers..entanglement?, however, not limited to 'thin air'..

even if it could only transport inorganic material, it would revolutionize transportation of goods.

11. Arne Saknussemm trying to figure it all out Valued Senior Member

The Teamsters are gonna be PISSED!

12. JJM Registered Senior Member

Howdy.....Hello.....Mr. Arne S......Thank you for your footprints in places where not anyone else would dare go.....How did you know that sunlight beam on that day, at that time, would point you to the right spot?.....As a discoverer you kept journals, you wrote of axioms, postulates, laws and innovations. I am sorry that it proved all for naught, as the center tore from you all 28 journals(that many up to that time). You tormented, until you could rewrite what you could remember. At least you loved your territory and you persevered, and went forward with the new knowledge that you discovered. It was strange, at the time you didn't know that it was a real discovery, all that you could see and feel was and is,, is its' beauty, with its' truths. You had forsaken the world to continue to write and to attend colleges in the seminars and colloquia of your field of delight. You swore compulsion, freely giving in, so you would know more of your art. You wrote another ten more journals. Then you said, I must teach what I have learned. Since not anyone had ever put footprints where you had walked, those that you wanted to understand and ask rational questions so you could further your work, screamed that you made it up and that it was all fool hardy, their dogmas could not allow them to believe that you did in fact go through the earth. Your truths told the dogmas, 'where you are today, I will be tomorrow'. Thats' the nature of objective truth, it will always be so.....With so many places that are in a constant want for fresh water, it is not difficult to create an algorithm for water from 'thin air'. Duplicate the way Nature does it. Just think about it. Then R&D.....Its' interesting that living in the cesspool still brings in people that are interested in the work.

13. Arne Saknussemm trying to figure it all out Valued Senior Member

Thanks for getting the reference. Cheers, mate.

14. NMSquirrel OCD ADHD THC IMO UR12 Valued Senior Member

hey arne, I think your tagline is in this..

Footprints in the quicksand?

to boldy step where no man has stepped before?

I am on your shoe! ?

15. JJM Registered Senior Member

Howdy.....Hello......M.Cosmictraveller "Who will stop them?",,,,,You are right. The question of morality for society should not exist. They will misuse,,, the inventor has no say in the matter. Once the sight of the measuring device is observed all questions will be answered and anyone can build it.....That is the very best thing that can happen. The corner spacecraft sales lot, as an auto lot had been. Which will exist one day for exhaust thrust, though exhaust thrust should and ought to have a great history.....the History of faster than light craft will bring earthlings to beyond the death of our star, within time, and within all observable space potentially, in History. FTL is the cornucopia.

16. The Marquis Only want the best for Nigel Valued Senior Member

Don't be silly. You're speaking of the replicators, not the transporters. Although purists would argue they rely upon the same fictional (thus far) technology.
    And you're completely and utterly ignoring why "the economy" exists to begin with.

So if the economy exists in order to provide the greatest possible number with the things they need to survive, and then someone comes along and invents something which can give anyone whatever they need to survive.
    ... see where I'm coming from? d'ya see? d'ya See?

The whole concept of "Star Trek",for me, took a serious hit the moment they introduced the concept of the replicator.

It's a little like giving a junkie the means to get a hit whenever he wanted.
    What do you think he'll do for the rest of his life? Something practical?

I mean, Jules Verne, man.. that guy had ideas. Roddenberry? He's predicting the end of mankind. Read Gibson's "Idoru". Gibson fond of sugar coating, you ask me.

fuck me.. give a man something he prefers to reality, and he'll take it.
    And that's the end.

17. JJM Registered Senior Member

Howdy.....Hello.....NMSquirrel, Does Humanity deserve it. "Technological advances do not consider worthiness." Thats' true, it is up to the inventor whether or not to make public. That is the source for the worthiness. Even if all that it is, is a measuring tool. Gm/m'/r^2.......An interesting reason for the development is earthling survival, our histories have always shown wars (etc of mayhem). Why should that not be different with other creatures in Nature from space or peoples of a nation? As additional methods are built to measure new observations, those tools will also be used in a war. Will our tools be better than others? That is the only criteria. That is the worthiness of and from ftl. The furtherance of Life.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2014
  18. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

Well... technically speaking, replicators aren't fictional anymore... we have 3D Printers capable of assembling a multitude of various things from component parts; the only real difference is that, in Star Trek, Replicators take base matter, break it down to the subatomic level, and reassemble it into the required materials... almost a form of alchemy. I would think that, perhaps one day when we can manipulate things at the subatomic level with a high degree of accuracy, that such things could become a reality

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

19. JJM Registered Senior Member

Howdy.....Hello......Would you like some fun? A real brain teaser, yet solvable (?). Manipulate the virtual particle state. Reach out and touch it, in any way shape or form. Put it to work. What happens with 'mirrors'? Collimated? Can it 'power' 'lasers'? Can it be plugged into, for daily work? Can you control the quantum fluctuation?, for volume and order? Is there a given geometry? Equal in all fluctuations? Reinforce or diminish the cause for the effect, fluctuation. Have fun.

20. NMSquirrel OCD ADHD THC IMO UR12 Valued Senior Member

Is it possible to mail donuts?

Bebelina likes this.
  21. JJM Registered Senior Member

Howdy.....Hello....NMSquirrel, How did you know? or is it just a lucky guess? or is it just irrelevant? What do know about donuts? You know they are everywhere. Jupiters' is beautiful. Every spiral galaxy is equatorially surrounded by one, with many more internally. Some photos from Plank show at least two in the Milky Way, different frequencies shows structure........A new subject; while gravity density is compressed compression pressure density thread is well hidden from sight deep in the cesspool, some people still are interested for the volume of views is increasing......A new subject; virtual particles as well as good old fashioned baryons. are also formed by the squeezing of the force doing the squeezing. Endowed with geometry/stylistically mechanical, with all number size possible in linear periodicities, with all force(s) available as an availability within those periodicities. Compression density gives a particle its' density tensors......donuts are tori (torus'es), a torus......Can the virtual particle state/volume/(h/v)/qualitatively/quantitatively be used as a carrier?

Last edited: May 16, 2014
  22. JJM Registered Senior Member

Howdy.....Hello.....I want to measure. By now everyone knows of the event on that day in which Issac and Albert threw some apples into the air. Some landed on Earth. Others felt other places and other places felt the apple. So as a simple act of falling off a tree and striking the Earth, the apple fell to the other place. m/m' There are potential speeds that you cannot fathom. Just to mention them would cause one to consider super sci-fi. Also you are not worthy. It appears it is not enough just to have Life, it is also the explicit content of act. What you do is what you are and what you are is what you do. Objective reality is the judge of all acts......The Four Horsemen Are Common, and Invasive. What a very sad state of affairs for us earthlings.....The new Founding Fathers must in their Wisdom repair a badly broken system, 7-8 tiers deep. That will produce a stumbling block in the path of the Horsemen.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2014
  23. StrangerInAStrangeLand SubQuantum Mechanic Valued Senior Member

FTL ships being built probably will not lead to humans going anyplace they want unfettered & free. The ships will be owned & operated by governments, corporations & the top 1% richest people. There probably will not be enough of them to transport billions of people. Gov or business will have no interest in getting many people off Earth unless we find it is going the way of Krypton & probably not then. Our Galaxy alone is 100,000 LY across & Earth is near 1 edge so if there are 10,000 solar systems or planets good for humans, the nearest could easily be 10,000 years away at FTL speed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.