Walking Dead

Discussion in 'Art & Culture' started by madanthonywayne, Mar 17, 2014.

1. madanthonywayne Morning in America Registered Senior Member

Anyone else watching this? Tonight's episode (The Grove, regarding Mika and Lizzie), holy shit! That was seriously fucked up. To make it even more fucked up, on the Talking Dead they revealed that the puzzle Carol and Tyreese were working on was a picture of Sophia.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Balerion Banned Banned

Yeah, that was one of the darker hours the show has done.

Thought I was partially immune after 8 weeks of True Detective, but this...this one was tough.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

I see to much of them in real life to watch them again on TV.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

I've been watching it. I'm not sure it's synced in Australia with where things are at in the US. (TV networks here are keen on promoting "Fast Tracked" US TV shows, which means that we see them almost immediately after the US (allowing for the time zone difference).)

We've only had the first couple of episodes of series 2 so far.

The show is pretty slow. I'm not sure if I'm going to stick with it. It seems to lack an overall plot arc. It's just: move to new place. Fight zombies. Have some arguments in the group. Move to new place. Fight zombies. Rinse and repeat.

8. Balerion Banned Banned

I love it. Season 2 definitely slowed down the pace, but that was because they were having problems behind the scenes that lead to the departure of showrunner Frank Darabont. It was still good, it just didn't have the oomph of the season before it, and certainly not of the seasons to follow.

As to an overarching plot...I'm not familiar with the comics (which are still running, and which serve at least as a basis for the show, even though the events in the show have diverged, in some cases dramatically, from the books.) so I could be wrong, but I don't think there necessarily is one. I mean, I think we're eventually going to find out what happened, (the doctor at the CDC whispers something into Rick's ear which will be explained later, and gives a better understanding of what's going on) but I'm not sure that's important. Seems to me that this is just a story about survival. I mean, if that sort of thing were to happen, the how's and the why's of it would matter for all of five minutes before the bigger question came up: What now? The show really is a series of What Now's, and it's interesting to see how they come out of each situation, who comes out of each situation, and what has changed as a result.

9. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

10. madanthonywayne Morning in America Registered Senior Member

The season finale was also excellent. When Rick literally ripped that guy's throat out with his teeth.......damn!