Was I cursed from birth?

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by pluto2, Jan 11, 2014.

1. pluto2 Banned Valued Senior Member

Was I cursed from birth?

I don't understand why God would create me a biochemical blob and other people and animals he created normal and by normal I mean not biochemical like me.

I don't understand this. Being a biochemical also means that I cannot die like normal people and normal animals can.

So being a biochemical blob does this mean that I will be outlive everyone here on Earth and that I will basically be forced to suffer forever?

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Seattle Valued Senior Member

Surely, this is posted in the wrong forum.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. pluto2 Banned Valued Senior Member

But I wanted to know what science has to say about this.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Ruiy Registered Member

Hi Pluto2

Really I can not understand the meaning of your question.
    Let us, for a moment, God, busy with other menesters, and say that our biochemical system is the result of biological evolution of hominids. Assuming this, the differences between species is understandable by the same path.
    ¿ What do you mean that you can not die like normal people cause our biochemical structure?

You will die, I assure you, and with all normality , -he,he ...

Regards..

8. pluto2 Banned Valued Senior Member

But what if I am some kind of biochemical blob? That could explain why I am so afraid to get injured and this might also explain why I cannot die normally during sleep like everyone else can.

Lets face it. Science cannot explain everything because science is limited by definition.

9. Sorcerer Put a Spell on you Registered Senior Member

You were cursed alright. They forgot to give you a brain.

10. Aqueous Id flat Earth skeptic Valued Senior Member

Only your parents can answer that.

Your parents created you.

That's a matter of opinion.

They were created by their parents.

There is nothing normal about that statement.

Perhaps you should sit down with yourself and explain to yourself what you mean. When you figure it out, perhaps you care to share your conclusions with the readers.

If you're a biochemical then you never were alive. Which makes this conversation more than just ironic.

You seem to think you're an amoeba.

One thing is for sure, you will have to suffer the indignities of occasionally engaging an science-literate person if you're going to post in the science threads.

That's a better description of a cell than of a metazoan. People are pretty far evolved from simple metazoans. You have a lot of ground to cover if you're trying to trace that history.

Fear arises from a biologically endowed trait that evolved long after primitive brains did.

Let's hope your significant other doesn't decide to test that logic for you.

It sure can explain the difference between a biochemical and an organism. Maybe you ought to stick with all the low hanging fruit until you grow the mandibles do deal with the high altitude stuff.

One thing is for sure: all of science will never be encapsulated in the morsel of thought that reduces a human to a biochemical.

So what's your actual gripe? That science grates at you because it debunks the Bible? That would certainly belong in another forum. Do you have anything to say about Biology & Genetics or is this just a passing potshot?

11. Aqueous Id flat Earth skeptic Valued Senior Member

I was of the opinion that the brain was intact, up until the period of religious indoctrination began. And even then it would look nearly the same as a healthy brain, even though some of the logic is installed backwards.

12. Sorcerer Put a Spell on you Registered Senior Member

You might be right, but I'm dubious. Even religious indoctrination might not explain this individual's stupidity. On the other hand, there are creationists....

13. cornel Registered Senior Member

What do you mean by this ? Are you incapable of dreaming ? Can't you fall asleep as you rest ?
    (Dying means, exclusively, the ending of one's life, so i don't think that's what you meant)

14. kx000 Valued Senior Member

Did God design is to take poops? Idk.

15. pluto2 Banned Valued Senior Member

I am quite capable of dreaming but I have this panic fear of getting injured. Because in the last time when I got injured, the injury was very painful for me and now I do everything I can to avoid painful injuries.

What I wanted to say is that I prefer it if I would die peacefully during sleep and not in a violent injury.

16. origin Heading towards oblivion Valued Senior Member

Every sane person tries to avoid injuries, but there is always going to be some risk of injury. It comes down to a risk VS reward sort of thing. In american football the risk of injury is very high. The players feel the risk of injury is worth playing the game, but others feel that the high rate of injury makes it crazy to play the game.

The bottom line is that if you feel the fear of injury is negatively impacting your life then you have a phobia and you need to do something about it. There are many therapies that can help you cope with your phobia and increase the quality of your life.

Do yourself a favor and interview some therapists and decide if any of them are right for you and can help you to have a better life. It only makes sense, right?

Good luck.

17. Fraggle Rocker Staff Member

All humans are biochemical blobs. So are all other animals, as well as all other organisms (plants, fungi, algae, bacteria and archaea).

We're not machinery, right? And we're certainly not inorganic matter like a rock or an iceberg, right? So what are we, if not biochemical???

Huh??? You've got it just backwards: Being biochemical is what makes it not just possible, but inevitable that we (and all other organisms) will die sooner or later.

Your questions make no sense. We're all biochemical blobs.

How old are you? How many science classes have you had? Your interest and enthusiasm appear to have outrun your education.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

18. C C Consular Corps - "the backbone of diplomacy" Valued Senior Member

Hhhmmm... Is this some kind of anniversary week for Frank ("riddle me this") Gorshin?

Mark David Chapman had an obsession with Salinger's 'Catcher In The Rye'. Sounds like you've got one for Ellison's 'I Have No Mouth And I Must Scream'.

You're supposed to be Ted, is that it? The supercomputer AM is the sadistic "god" you peeved when you put the other few surviving humans out of their misery? As eternal punishment it transformed you into an immortal blob? Well, that's what you get for wasting the last round of an ice stalagmite on Ellen instead of yourself, you clever/naughty boy.

Ergo, you were not cursed from birth, but only after you decided to take away god's tortured playthings.

19. Mathers2013 Banned Banned

"...a biochemical blob..."-Pluto2
    "That's a matter of opinion."-AqueousID

No, she's a blob!

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

20. pluto2 Banned Valued Senior Member

Who really knows? Maybe we were put on this Earth by some evil being who wanted to control us or maybe even experiment on us. I mean who really knows.

21. cornel Registered Senior Member

Aha, and by biochemical you mean they replaced part of your body ?
    What kind of injury did you get if i may ask ?

22. pluto2 Banned Valued Senior Member

I accidently cut myself with a very sharp utility knife. And it really hurt a lot. It's like my cells were shouting like a 1,000 watt lightbulb.

23. Enmos Valued Senior Member

So, basically, they were silent. Like you'd expect..

Anyway,

Biochemical