How to prove spiritual orbs in photos?

Discussion in 'UFOs, Ghosts and Monsters' started by wegs, Jul 23, 2013.

1. wegs Matter and Pixie Dust Valued Senior Member

Hello

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

So, a friend of mine took a few pics using a digital camera. She showed me the pics and I noticed "orbs" in them. Personally. I suspect they could be spiritual. Dust and water that your camera picks up, wouldn't be so bright and in different places. No two orbs were in the same spots on the pics. So, if dust was on the lens or the camera picked up dust in the pic somehow, I'd assume it would appear in similar spots on all the pics.

So she doesn't believe these are spiritual orbs at all. I said we could both take pics at your aunts house and see if my camera pics up any orbs. Not saying that is conclusive but it's better than nothing.

My question to you all is ...what do u think of my method? Is there other ways to "prove" spiritual orbs? She insists that the orbs are environmental in nature but we did a little research and it seems like these orbs are different, they are brighter and not in the same spots (within the pics) when she stood in the same spot taking pics. (If that makes sense)

Just wondering if my taking pics right next to her in the same room at her aunts house will prove anything?

If not, is there a way to rule out mere atmospheric "interference?"

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

You have to be very careful to rule out dust and insects with orbs. If they are self-illuminated, stop in midair, or change direction in midflight then it could be a real one. I've seen some that pulse, vanish into the wall, dart around doors, and look like white squiggles or ribbons of ectoplasm. Let me check youtube for some good examples. Be back later.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. origin Heading towards oblivion Valued Senior Member

Magical Realist is our resident magical thinker, he believes in all sorts of fantasy stuff. 'Orbs' as pointed out are just out of focus dust particles that are illuminated by a flash.

8. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

A "real one" is still just an artifact of digital optics. It's amazing how quickly people want to adopt a supernatural explanation when those are the most extraordinary explanations possible! Even after a century of science education we are still such children.

9. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

Be prepared to be ad homed and ridiculed by the typical gang of trolls here. They're all experts about a field they know nothing about. Just remember, you have the right to report them if they insult you.

10. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

I have a degree in photography.

11. wegs Matter and Pixie Dust Valued Senior Member

Thank you
    Hello ...
    I've often been intrigued by orbs. (Spiritual kind)
    The thing is ...don't think these were environmental.
    Contrary to popular belief on here...lol...I don't leap to think the supernatural must always be the explanation.
    But they "seem" to look perfectly circular and brighter than dust and such.
    I look forward to see what u post later.

Lol aw. Well you never know.

Lol I don't and never believed in Santa so there u go.

An "artifact?"

It'll be ok. We can agree to disagree.
    I believe in the possibility if the paranormal...do u then?

That's cool...
    Should prove to be an interesting discussion.
    You have never in your life questioned when looking at a pic...maybe this is a spiritual orb? Hmmm?
    Not a once??

12. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

No because I'm not a child. Why would a spiritual phenomenon create light, and if it creates light, is it not entirely spiritual but at least partially physical? And if it's physical, can't it be studied by science? As an inexperienced photographer, my photos showed all kinds of flaws. It takes effort and care to make photos perfect. Lenses cause all kinds of anomalies, even more so digital sensors. The only kind of camera that doesn't do this is a pinhole camera, because there is no lens.

13. wegs Matter and Pixie Dust Valued Senior Member

I'm not a child, either.

Back to the OT..

So. You are me. Do you think that going with my friend and taking pics will be a good method to seeing if there is any evidence of orbs?
    Both cameras producing orbs? What is the likelihood?

Pls don't be flip. :/

I'm genuinely asking what u would think if you saw orbs produced by two different cameras taking pics at the same time of the same things?

14. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

15. wegs Matter and Pixie Dust Valued Senior Member

What the hell is all that??? ^^^
    Seriously.

The first one was so cool. (Creepy tho)
    The one with the little boy I was too scared to finish it. Haha

What on earth causes this?

Here come the skeptics...

Thx for posting these!

16. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

If you took photos from multiple locations simultaneously and were able to triangulate the position of the orbs, then that might be significant.

<flip statement deleted>

17. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

I definitely believe in paranormal phenomena. Been seeing evidence for it for about 8 years now. EVPs..Strange lights..Objects moving by themselves..Footsteps from empty rooms..Orbs, apparitions, mists, darting shadows, etc..It's all been documented. As for WHAT this is, I'm not sure. But it's definitely the real thing.

18. wegs Matter and Pixie Dust Valued Senior Member

Can you explain triangulate?
    And

at your deletion. Thank u?

I'm relieved to read this. I have seen darting shadows. No footsteps. But I have seen orbs in photos. (What I perceive to be spiritual orbs)
    I believe this and my friends don't want to hear it.
    It's not everyday or every week.
    But it is real ...yes it is.
    Why do ppl disbelieve this?

I'm glad i'm not alone

Going to watch the instructional video later.

19. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

It gives them tremendous comfort to think that such things don't exist. That science is sort of like divinely-revealed truth and anything that contradicts it is nonsense. I think it's about them having control and feeling like everything is known when in fact MOST of reality remains totally unknown. Our worldview may no more comprise total reality than a cockroach's may. That's a scary thought. But I think it's true nonetheless.

20. wegs Matter and Pixie Dust Valued Senior Member

What an interesting explanation and plausible to my skeptical friends who disbelieve in "a god" and ghosts!

I suddenly have a desire to find your posts in here and read them.
    Someone who believes in ghosts.
    You are a rare gem, magical realist!

21. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Your welcome. I really did type something out and then thought better of it because you seem nice.

Triangulation is a way to locate something in space. If you take photos of something from all different angles, you can mathematically locate it, even as far as being able to create a 3D model of it (free app that does exactly that). If the orbs come from the lenses, such mapping would not likely produce a coherent result.

22. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

It does give me comfort that the dead are dead, but if they weren't, I really would want to know, even if it would be upsetting. To call science "divinely-revealed truth" is a big strawman. Science, maybe more than any other system, depends on doubt. But it also values keeping it real. Imagination is fine, but if you can't support your hypothesis, it shouldn't get any special respect.

23. wegs Matter and Pixie Dust Valued Senior Member

Lol well thank you. No question mark.

What? How interesting. And since my friend is pragmatic x 1000, this will be a fitting litmus test for her. (And for me)
    This could turn out to be really cool.

Despite her protest. :/

I think differently. Science requires me to have no values. It just "is." In the purest sense, science is give or take...cut and dry.
    There is no bias in science. You either prove your hypothesis or go back to the drawing board.