Feminists shut down CAFE event

Discussion in 'World Events' started by Kholdstare, Jun 9, 2013.

1. Kholdstare Banned Banned

You might not have heard of it, but on April 4th 2013 an event was organized by CAFE (Canadian Association for Equality) on "From Misogyny & Misandry to Intersexual Dialogue". The event had two primary speakers, Dr. Katherine Young and Dr. Paul Nathanson. Their agenda was quoted as below.

However, the overall outlook of their speech and topic presents the idea that men face misandry in the modern culture and both men and women are affected by it.

The feminist group had taken offence with this idea being presented for discussion and pulled fire alarm to disrupt the presentation in an attempt to stop it. This caused huge confrontation between the feminists and the men's right activists present there. Here is a video by TheAmazingAtheist who criticizes the action of the feminists (NSFW language).

(NSFW language)
    [video=youtube;M2KPeMcYsuc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M2KPeMcYsuc[/video]

My line of thoughts fall similar to that of TAA.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Randwolf Ignorance killed the cat Valued Senior Member

:wave: /* Gone to store to stock up on popcorn... */

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Balerion Banned Banned

Yeah, evil feminists breaking up the hate rally with foul language. How dare they?!

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. IncogNegro Banned Banned

All I heard in the quote was, "I'm a woman who likes sex, hates men, and likes rough sex with little boys"

Oh Jesus that's absolutely terrible...

Ok... But from the video I got... I want a baby... So I can leave the poor bastard with his father...

8. Carcano Valued Senior Member

Anyone who comes up with a overwrought convoluted pussy-footing title like this...has nothing real to say.

Our colleges are turning out legions of these geeks...who will never find meaningful employment without government allocations of more borrowed/printed money.

9. IncogNegro Banned Banned

Preaching equal rights to a group trying to accomplish the same goal isn't very professional.

10. Bells Staff Member

I read your post and all that comes to mind is:

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

11. Carcano Valued Senior Member

The look of somebody about to pull a fire alarm...because no one will listen....whaaaaa!

12. Bells Staff Member

The point is that you are crying because you feel that women have taken away your rights by deeming themselves equal.

The complaint that feminism and gender study and study groups focused towards feminism is astounding really, when one considers that all of our history and all that our history encompassed was dominated by male issues. Because women never rated a mention or had rights. The horror that women may want to be able to focus on women's issues as well. How dare they.

So men need men's issue groups as well - to focus on what exactly? Society is geared around what the man wants. That loss of white male privilege stings, doesn't it? From the pay gap to the fact that women have few choices when it comes to childcare or who gets to stay home with the child - since you know, the pay gap means that the man will usually be earning more anyway. History is geared around men's issues and solely men's rights and male privilege.

The reason you and the OP complain and those like you whine, is because you feel that feminism is taking something from you. You feel that feminism, pushing for equal rights for women, somehow diminishes your male rights and privilege in society.

If you want to know about who doesn't listen. Consider that in some parts of the world, women are not even allowed to vote, drive a car, have a say over their reproductive organs, have equal access to medical care. And you whine that a bunch of feminists pulled the fire alarm on a lecture that is tantamount to men whining about their loss of white male privilege?

Really?

Get over yourselves.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2013
  13. Kholdstare Banned Banned

I have never said women should not talk about their issues or women should not have rights. Neither do those presenters at the CAFE event. I ask you to go read their agenda and inform yourself, rather than labeling them whining crybabies who want to strip away women's rights.

Society is not a single person or a single stereotype. Thus saying society is geared around what men wants make no sense.

What you call the 'white male privilege', I call it the 'rich people privilege'. Throughout history rich people had enjoyed the privileged life. And while those few people at the top was busy enjoying their privilege, a large portion of men were going to coalmines, were sent to war to fight enemy, or lining in the queue for bread and tea.

Why need men's issue groups? Because, of the unnoticed misandry men face in the modern society. In case of domestic violence call, police are instructed to always take the man away from his home. In custody lawsuit, almost 75% of the custody of children is given to the mother. Men also face the numerous false rape allegations. Men's suicide rate is also the highest in US and Canada. Boys are failing in the school in large numbers.

If you believe 'feminism, pushing for equal rights for women' does not 'diminishes your male rights and privilege in society', then men's right group pushing for equal rights also does not diminish women's right.

Again this is anglosphere. There is no need to falsely claim victim of such things as those things are not happening here. However, although I do not support the feminism here in the western world, the feminists will do a good job is bringing down the misogyny in those parts of the world.

PS. Shaming tactics has no effect on me. I'd appreciate if you refrain from doing such things.

14. Bells Staff Member

Your ongoing gripe with feminism and women's rights in general says otherwise.

Then you have never picked up a history book.

It is actually white male privilege, since money was also centered around the white males.

Incorrect. In cases of domestic dispute, both parties are separated and interviewed and charged accordingly. In the custody of children, the court takes into account what the parents want and the majority of the time, in a case where custody is in question, then the children's wishes can also be taken into consideration - in Australia at least, children are appointed a lawyer to represent their interests in court. And in Australia, at least, custody will usually be 50/50 unless the parents decide otherwise or there is a risk of abuse with a particular parent.

Men and false rapes - does not even come close to the amount of women who are disbelieved and abused for even reporting a rape. It is hardly the fault of feminists. The majority of men who rape don't even make it into the court room and if they do, the greater majority walk free. Men are not judged by other men for what they were wearing prior to their assaults, where and how they were walking, if they were drinking, if they were out at night, etc. So if you want to pull the rape argument, I would suggest you think long and hard with that complaint.

Male suicide rate is not caused by feminism, so blaming that on women and feminism is, frankly, bizarre.

Boys failing in school is also not the fault of feminism or women, but usually the fault of their home environment and their community and the quality of education they are subjected to. Unless of course you'd prefer women be barred from classrooms again so that boys aren't seen to fail as much, your argument is stupid.

Feminism is pushing for equal rights in society. Men like you whine about it because you think you are losing something as a result. Refer to the whine above.

Which says more about you than about feminism in general.

Of course, Anglosphere. White male privilege.

And you wonder why people laugh at you.

I am not trying to shame you. I am giving you the actual reality of women. If you feel ashamed about that, then that says more about you than you may wish to convey.

15. Stoniphi obscurely fossiliferous Valued Senior Member

There is truth here on both sides.

Interesting comment there, though it does appear to be reading intent into someone else's statement.

I have been a lifelong 'feminist'. My wife just went off to her job in an office, I will stay home and work out of the house as I always have. I stayed home with our son when we had him, he hung out in my workshop and home office while I worked as he was growing up. My wife and I shared household tasks, we still do that though our son now helps quite a lot.

I have always done the cooking, cleaning, grocery shopping, school parent stuff and all of the things a woman traditionally did in the home and with the kids. I was the only dad pushing a baby stroller through the park or hanging out around the playground. I caught a lot of stares from both men and women as well as a lot of verbal commentary, much of which I did not really need.

Now my son is 21 years old and attending university. He tells me about the 'new feminist' students that fill his classes and spout their 'philosophy'. He and the other young men get graded harder in some classes because many of his teachers are 'new feminists' and actively discriminate against male students. "Paybacks" they call it, I assume for all of the discrimination that some women may have suffered at some time past at the hands of some men.....

Here in Michigan the courts finally threw out "Affirmative Action" laws that elevated some minorities above other more qualified students who were identified as "white" by third parties. Discrimination is discrimination no matter who it is that is getting the shitty end of the stick. I have been there myself and do not care for it one little bit. Equality, yes, elevation and/or discrimination - no.

My best friend's wife used to run a shelter for abused women. I once asked her for the address of the facility for abused men. She laughed at me for asking. I pointed out that there are many men who are routinely abused by their significant other and that many of them are in traditional female roles as caregivers for the couples children. I reminded her that my ex - wife was an abuser who had tried to violently kill me 3 times. The answer to my question was/is : There is no shelter for abused men and their children. This is not because there is no need for same, it is because we are still in collective denial that it is an issue that we need to deal with.

It is the attitude that men are always the abuser and that women should always get custody of the children in a divorce that sticks in my craw. My ex - brother - in - law lost custody to his ex - wife during their divorce before a female judge who chose to disregard that my BIL filed due to torrents of well documented physical abuse from his ex - wife and danger to their daughter. He had to pay child support despite that he was unemployed while his ex worked for GM for big bucks.

He finally regained custody after his ex tried to kill their daughter (then 12 years old) for the third time, with a butcher's knife, chasing her around while stinking drunk, before a dozen witnesses. She was stinking drunk and belligerent when she was arrested, showed up to court while stinking drunk and threatened to kill her daughter loudly while in court. Since they had a new judge the ex not only lost custody, she lost the child support judgement and had to start paying some child support herself to the now custodial parent.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2013
  16. Buddha12 Valued Senior Member

I'm not trying to create a problem but I'd like to point out something I've noticed. Women want equal rights but I've not seen many involved with the trades like plumbers, pipefitters, welders, masons, drywall, lawn mowing, tree pruning or other skilled jobs that are out there that men are always doing. I just wonder why women do not want those kinds of jobs but seek other, less demanding jobs?

17. Bells Staff Member

Possibly because those jobs are near impossible for women to enter into in the first place?

[HR][/HR]

You'll have to excuse me for asking this.

But how does your staying home and being a parent make you a feminist?

Is it because you feel that you were doing something that is generally attributed to women, and thus, support women's rights because you were happy to do something they would normally do while your wife went to work at the office? Or because you supported your wife's wishes to work away from home?

I am genuinely curious.

What is their philosophy?

What were they teaching?

But is that the fault of feminists or men who view other men who are abused as being weak, for example?

Why don't men open up abused men shelters, like women started opening shelter's for abused women?

Or do you need women to do that for you?

Again, how is this the fault of feminism?

Or are you suggesting that women, and few women at that, have somehow or other managed to twist and turn the male bastion that is the law to suit their own needs and ensure the patriarchy of old is now solely to be used for the benefit of women? Would you blame feminism if the judge was male?

Having not seen the transcript from the case or any of the evidence provided or the judge's reasons. I am not saying your brother in law got a bad deal, but it's hard for me to pass judgement on something I have not seen for myself.

Child support is something the non-custodial parent has to pay. Had he been unemployed and not married, he would still have been required to provide clothing, food, shelter for his daughter. So child support gripes aside, why did the judge disregard his evidence? Why did he not appeal? File a complaint?

Why did he not contact the police during the abuse?

18. Kholdstare Banned Banned

Please, go back and reread my previous posts and cite one example which says women should not have rights.

I have read my history books. Can you elaborate that, please?

Are you trying to imply some white males had money? What about some white females?

"About 1 in 6 custodial parents were fathers (17.8 percent)."
    -Custodial Mothers and Fathers and Their Child Support: 2009, U.S. CENSUS BUREAU
    http://www.census.gov/prod/2011pubs/p60-240.pdf

So I should think long and hard about the disparity in number and completely forget about male victims of false rape accusation.

One of the many outcome of feminism is misandry. Misandry leads to some of male suicide. I guess it is not that bizarre.

"The crux of the experiment is that pupils invested their money in the exam only if they believed that their chances of doubling their investment were large. We asked pupils a number of questions about the school and their teachers that allowed us to single out money as the main driver of their decisions. For example, pupils who believed that a good relationship with the teacher matters were no more likely to invest more. The results of the experiment show that male pupils tended to lower their investment when a female teacher marked their exams. Further analysis confirmed that female teachers in the experiment did tend to award lower marks to male pupils than external examiners. So male pupils’ perceptions seem to be roughly in line with female teachers’ marking practices. Our results suggest that male pupils believe that their chances of getting an answer right are three percentage points lower when marked by a female teacher than when marked by an external examiner"
    -Pupils’ progress: how children’s perceptions influence their efforts, The Centre for Economic Performance
    http://cep.lse.ac.uk/pubs/download/cp359.pdf

"I feel that ‘man-hating’ is an honourable and viable political act, that the oppressed have a right to class-hatred against the class that is oppressing them."
    -Robin Morgan, Ms. Magazine Editor
    Lesbianism and Feminism: Synonyms or Contradictions?, in Going Too Far: The Personal Chronicle of a Feminist, p 178.

"To call a man an animal is to flatter him; he’s a machine, a walking dildo."
    -Valerie Solanas
    The S.C.U.M. Manifesto, p1
    (Society For Cutting Up Men)

"I want to see a man beaten to a bloody pulp with a high-heel shoved in his mouth, like an apple in the mouth of a pig."
    -Andrea Dworkin
    Ice and Fire, Weidenfeld & Nicholson, 1987

"The proportion of men must be reduced to and maintained at approximately 10% of the human race."
    -Sally Miller Gearhart
    The Future-if there is one-is Female, 1982

"Comins [Catherine Comins] argues that men who are unjustly accused can sometimes gain from the experience."
    Cover Stories Behavior: When Is It RAPE?, TIME, Sunday, June 24, 2001

"All men are rapists and that’s all they are"
    -French, Marilyn.
    The Women's Room. Book 5. Chapter 19

"Probably the only place where a man can feel really secure is in a maximum security prison, except for the imminent threat of release."
    -Germaine Greer
    The Female Eunuch, 1970

^

Maybe my "whine" says more about me. But these feminists definitely say more about feminism in general.

I did not get what you are trying to say, but I would like to say that I am a happy person and unaffected by what others think of me.

^
    I did say that shaming has no effect on me. I'll discuss them at another time.

19. Stoniphi obscurely fossiliferous Valued Senior Member

What I meant is clear from what I said and I am aware that you are smart enough to know the things you claim to not understand, having read you often here.

"Methinks the lady doth protest overmuch."

20. Buddha12 Valued Senior Member

No, I do not think that is why at all. I think women only want certain types of jobs which they determine is better for them in many ways. Women seem to want to have good, well paying, with benefits and perks type of jobs that require little or no manual labor for them to do. As I pointed out there's few jobs where I've ever seen a woman apply for a job that required manual labor because I've owned a few companies and none ever did apply. If they would have I would have given them the opportunity to work for me but alas they never came by.

21. wellwisher Banned Banned

One problem that plagues feminism, and many other liberal movements, is they are out touch with the cause and effect of time. They tend to make people of today, responsible for the mistakes of the past. The straight white male who is twenty years old has actually been more of a victim then all those claiming victim status as inferred by government creating racists, sexist and gender biased laws against them. This was never done in the past that was so bad. That conference attempted to define the cause and effect of reality in terms of current time, and there was a risk the smoke would clear and mirror would be seen.

Let me give an analogous example. Say John stole money from Joe twenty years ago. Justice would mean the John has to pay restitution to Joe since there is direct cause and effect. In terms of the liberal trick, anyone name John today, whether you ever stole anything in you life now owes anyone named Joe for stealing, even if that Joe never had anything stolen.

It is not a bad scam but it works by using a stereo-typeof the past, which may have been true, and apply this mast to innocent people of today to pay the thieves of the present who call themselves victims.

All such laws should be abolished and an open approach created based on merit. I am not saying men should get special treatment but rather everyone gets the real time justice they deserve not the retroactive con job.

When I was younger I supported the feminists. But as I saw innocent people, who did nothing, become the victims of the sexists laws, it dawned on me the feminists were scammers and not into this for justice. Now I like pointing the light of reason.

22. iceaura Valued Senior Member

This kind of cluelessness is the reason you guys are never going to be taken seriously by anyone except each other.

Let's skip the part about lawn mowing and tree pruning and drywalling being demanding and skilled jobs, while nursing and dental hygienist and commercial laundry apparently are not - we'll get stupider just trying to address that kind of thinking.

Instead, another approach:

For some reason my romantic history has been mostly women working in the trades (currently, and for many years, a machinist. In the past, a steelworker, a carpenter, a commercial fisherman). And as any boyfriend of such a woman will tell you, part of the boyfriend deal is to back the girl up when she is being simply and crudely harassed on the job. I've dealt secondhand with the aftermath of expensive tools stolen or broken, scaffolds and similar equipment sabotaged, lunches and clothing and gear vandalized, days and weeks of continual verbal abuse and jobsite sabotage of all kinds, attempted theft of wages and cheating of benefits and similar advantage taking by employers, threats and intimidations and retaliations petty and serious for complaints, tolerated for two reasons: the money was needed, and unobtainable in better job situations; the work itself was satisfying and worth doing.

The stuff that I've seen rivals the stories you hear about the first black guys on the factory floor, the first reds on the framing crew (I've known three guys nicknamed "chief" on the job, two Sioux and a Chippewa - imagination isn't the workman's long suit). It's bigotry, and it's stereotypical catchphrase parody level ugly. And it never lets up - one of mine once said that she thought when she first hired on that things would ease over time, but ten years later still no relief.

So if you want to know why your plumber is always male, consider the circumstances of the five year apprenticeship and two years of working trade school that any woman entering the trade would have to basically run as a gauntlet. Consider how plumbers get into the trade - one common way: family friend or relative takes them on as a helper, say right out of the military, which was right out of high school. Those apprenticeships are not easy to find - you pretty much have to know somebody.

And the next time you start to talk about "demanding" and "skilled" jobs, start with registered nurse, third grade teacher, corporate secretary. Not lawn mower.

23. Stoniphi obscurely fossiliferous Valued Senior Member

This is indeed interesting...

Here in Detroit there has been a steady increase in the number of women in what have been traditionally male roles and jobs. There remains a contingent of racists, sexists and anti - everythingists as well.

We recall that I run 7 miles a day with my Labrador Retriever. Last week we ran past a construction site. It was a cold morning and I wore a long - sleeved. long legs black compression suit and a black skull cap. My Lab is a female. her collar and lead are pink. I am older, bald and and large. 4 men in an ATT site installation crew hooted and hollered sexist comments and insults at me as I went past them. I said good morning, how are you guys doing and kept running. I may look funny to them, but I am stick in the mud boringly average out on the trails as many of us dress in this manner for practical purpose. Perspective.