Reform in education

Discussion in 'Pseudoscience Archive' started by georgi_zlatev, May 15, 2013.

1. georgi_zlatev Registered Member

Our education must make big reform.The aim of reform must be to make geniuses.For me everybody has a talent and potential to be genius but the problem is how to find it.The problem is that pupil can not make proper decision what to learn in higher education.The problem is that good knowledge in nature science do not mean that the pupil will be good if the pupil learn nature science in higher education.Contrary i think that he can make big achievement in humanitarian science even the pupil have no idea of them.Having no idea of humanitarian science will make pupil more critical to what teachers will teach him.I say that pupil make wrong decisions learning what they think they are good at because being little their knowledge is smattering of.For that reason must be made tests with which if the pupil is good in nature science but having no idea of humanitarian science we must direct him toward humanitarian science and vice versa.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. origin Heading towards oblivion Valued Senior Member

That was rather difficult to read, but I can safely say I dissagree with the premis that "everybody has a talent and potential to be genius". Genius is rare. I think everyone has worth and can contribute to society - but not everyone can be a genius. I have seen genius up close - it is scary impressive and out of my league no matter what I do; short of a brain transplant.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. cosmictotem Registered Senior Member

I'd like to just thank origin for his kind comments about me. I really am quite modest about my intellectual capabilities but it's nice to be recognized now and then. You guys are all so supportive here. I'm lucky to have found this forum.

You guys are just awesome and there are no words. Now if you'll all excuse me, I need to find a kleenex.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Jeeves Valued Senior Member

There are two different aspects of education to be addressed by any reform: what's good for the individual student and what's good for society.
    The people who legislate funding for schools are interested only in what they think is good for society; the people who decide on school construction, teacher training and hiring, administration and curriculum are concerned with what they think is good for society and the students; the parents care only about what they think is good for their children. These three groups can never totally agree. As most of the mundane decisions are made by boards of education - the people in the middle - these decisions always reflect an uneasy balance of interests.
    Countries that come nearest to reconciling the interests of the state with the welfare of its individual citizens have the best education systems.

So: figure out how much the nation values its individual citizens. After that, decisions about how to educate the young will be easy.

8. brucep Valued Senior Member

Very informative post. The possibility that could be recognized in the US is nil as long as we continue to elect 'buffoons' to represent us in congress.