Rape a wife

Discussion in 'The Cesspool' started by arauca, Mar 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. arauca Banned Banned

How can be considered " rape " a married husband with his wife living in the same house and sharing the same bed ?

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Balerion Banned Banned

She has a right to say no. If he has sex with her against her will, it's rape. She's not his property.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. arauca Banned Banned

So if she is a slave then it is not a rape ?

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. billvon Valued Senior Member

Under our laws it still is. There's no legally binding term "slave" in the US.

8. Balerion Banned Banned

Morally? I would say yes. But then, I don't believe one person can be another person's property.

9. arauca Banned Banned

So Marriage is considered a contract . A contract to do what and to shear what ? Each other !!
    I could see if the party are living together , that would be considered rape

10. billvon Valued Senior Member

Nope. Still rape. You always have the right to say no.

11. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

Mod Hat — Intervention

Mod Hat — Intervention

There is a long historical record on the question of privilege and spousal rape. I suggest you peruse it at the very least if you intend to embark on this discussion. Otherwise, you're just trying to goad people with toxic stupidity.

No, really. There is no reason everyone else should be obliged to regurgitate that much history for you since you seem to have missed—or ignored—it the first time.

If you really do wish to pursue this question, it will be necessary that you do more than simply ask random questions. That is, we expect that you are capable of writing a reasoned inquiry and argument.

12. Balerion Banned Banned

Marriage is not a sex contract. Maybe in some countries, but certainly not in the west, where a person's right to choose whom they have sex with and when--if at all--is considered paramount.

13. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

what the hell? of all the stupid threads

YOU ALWAYS HAVE A RIGHT TO SAY NO no matter what sex you are or what your relationship is. What the hell thinks you have a right to force yourself onto someone you supposedly love?????

14. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Well, it's not that clear. For instance, if your wife is only half-awake, and you ravish her, and she wakes up and says no, she cannot bring rape charges against you, even if her consent wasn't clear. There is some legal principle that recognizes an existing relationship, I forget the exact terminology.

15. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

*facehoof* Really... just... really? Why would you even think to ask that one mate?

16. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

It kind of is. Denying sex to your spouse is legitimate cause for divorce.

17. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

Where? In what country? Granted, in the US, you can get a divorce for... well, virtually any reason whatsoever...

18. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

Actually YES its rape and you CAN bring charges against someone for that

19. Balerion Banned Banned

That doesn't follow. You can get divorced based on "irreconcilable differences," but that doesn't make marriage a "get along all the time" contract.

And it certainly doesn't entitle you to your spouse's body.

20. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

She can bring charges, but they might not stick. The law does recognize extenuating circumstances which include an existing relationship. It makes the case different than if you had done it to a complete stranger.

21. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

22. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

I agree, I'm just saying that legally, there are some grey areas where marriage is concerned. Asguard's link above reinforces that.

23. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

As I've said before, rape is simply sex without consent.

Marriage does not imply unlimited sexual access to a person. Consent is still required in every instance of sexual intercourse.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.