Jesus is better than Jehovah

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by Saint, Jan 14, 2013.

1. Saint Valued Senior Member

Jehovah asked the Israelites to kill their enemies,
    but Jesus asked us to love our enemies.

So, how can Christians say Jesus is the same God as Jehovah (the second person of the same Godhead)?
    Why are their attitudes so different?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. elte Valued Senior Member

You've touched upon it right there when you brought up that they are said to be separate persons. Another possibility has been provided, too, and that is that Jesus wasn't divine. It depends on who thought up the doctrines.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Rhaedas Valued Senior Member

Different writers. Different motives. Different audiences.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Saint Valued Senior Member

How can you deny the faith of about 2~3 billions Christians in this world?

8. Rhaedas Valued Senior Member

I don't deny their faith. Without it that religion would go away.

If the argument was number of believers, Christianity wouldn't win anyway. But how many people believe something doesn't make it true.

9. elte Valued Senior Member

Faith addresses some strong desires. That makes it alluring and, therefore, keeps it popular.

10. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

If you don't think Jesus is God, then you aren't a Christian.

11. arauca Banned Banned

I agree with your statement . Many things written in the old testament I don't see them right . I doubt God will say go and kill.

12. SkinWalker Archaeology / Anthropology Moderator

These aren't stories of actual events of "Jehovah" (aka Yahweh, Elohim), rather they are stories of people dealing with different situations at different times. The early Hebrews who invented "Jehovah" from the earlier Canaanite pantheon of their ancestors needed to justify their atrocities and violence toward those they come to disagree with. Therefore, their 'god' told them it was okay.

The "Jesus" of a much later period was, if he existed at all, seeking to build a cult following. Later followers collected and perhaps even invented teachings from this cult leader ("Jesus" or whomever) in a period that was a completely different time. Nations were already established, Rome was in charge of most of the Near East, etc. This was a movement that was working within an established regime that was very much a minority when it started. The much earlier Hebrew culture was on more equal if not dominant footing with its neighbors, so the justifications and propaganda would necessarily be different.

13. Saint Valued Senior Member

I do think Jesus is different from Jehovah of the OT.
    Jehovah asked the Israelites to kill their enemies, not to spare the babies, women and old people!
    But Jesus asked us to love our enemies.
    Both of them show completely contradictory characters.

I hardly can believe Jesus is fictitious, why not people worship Superman?

But one thing I am curious is about miracles.
    I attended Charismatic church over here, they always taught that miracles are possible,
    they tried to duplicate what the Bible says about miracles like divine healing etc.

But I look at it, does not seem to be true.
    In healing ministry, they prayed and asked the patient to stand up and walk, but many of them are unable to walk, some tried but almost fell down.
    How can they claim the power of God is powerful but yet so uncertain?

I think they bullshit.
    They asked some people to stand on the stage to bear testimony about divine healing, I think this is a pre-arranged testimony, used to cheat people.

14. arauca Banned Banned

In a way the Hebrew did not follow the 10 commandments , they follower the dogma of the temple , while Jesus was attempting to install back the 10 commandmends, and the leaders of the temple did not like it and that is why they killed him.

15. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Your critical thinking here is admirable!