Oscar

Discussion in 'Pseudoscience Archive' started by joanne300, Jan 8, 2013.

1. joanne300 Registered Member

please help me. My grandson has many yukky happenings including being punched and scratched. The family has moved many times to get away from these weird happenings, however the walls continue to move and he is constantly scratched but no blood is drawn

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

Either he is scratching himself, or else another family member or pet or "friend" or somebody else who has access to him is scratching him.

We can safely rule out ghosts, monsters and UFOs.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. kwhilborn Banned Banned

there are a large variety of illnesses and medications or even vitamin deficiencies that can cause Anemia.

Have your grandson tested for blood disorders. Bruising DOES NOT need to be a result of a physical "punch" or trauma.

Scratches would also seem more deep and severe than they actually are.

Do not settle for yor doctors opinion if this has been ruled out and get a second or third opinion until the condition fades.

If the condition is not medical you can find a large variety of cheap webcams or security cams to "protect" the child when out of sight, as it would then need to be physical injury.

Vitamin B12 and Zinc might help also, plus a multivitamin daily. If any numbness occurs cut back on the Vitamin B and it will reverse.

Do not ignore this as it could be a minor thing, but it could also be a major illness.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Crunchy Cat F-in' *meow* baby!!! Valued Senior Member

This "user's" posting history makes it look like a chat bot.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2013
  8. kwhilborn Banned Banned

@ Crunchy,
    No chat bot could make conversation as this user has.

9. Crunchy Cat F-in' *meow* baby!!! Valued Senior Member

Why not? Just extract a few key phrases and form multiple canned responses to them. The response to James in the introduction thread was all over the place and other thread responses appear nearly random. Then there is this new thread whose topic reads like a scifi stereotype of parapsychology mixed with nonsense phrases such as "...the walls continue to move...".

10. arauca Banned Banned

You probably have a blood disorder , are you suck ?

11. kwhilborn Banned Banned

@ Crunchy cat,
    Have you read the posts from this person? Particularly the thread about Australians needing Visa's.

Comments like "I forgot we are a penal colony" does not seem very bot like. They used it in good context I try to keep up on Conversational Bots and had in the past volunteered to converse with an internet version to help it improve itself, but that project failed.

I do not wish to insult this person so I will just say bots might come across smarter.

Most bots I have been witness to in public Forums seem to have some sort of sales agenda, and can see no agenda at all with these posts.

I also program in several languages, and cannot see a conversational bot being this advanced.

@ Arauca,

Recommending a doctor to a grandparent of a child with constant bruising is sound advice.

I am unsure what this is
    a) I am in perfect health
    b) "Are you suck?" is not a question in any language I am familiar with.

@ Arauca still,
    You are the person advocating corporal punishment in several threads you have started, and you wonder why your children do not forcibly respect you. Perhaps it is because it is now obvious that simple practical medical advice can send you over the edge, and you lacked the proper communication skills to discipline them without force. You are sad.

12. Crunchy Cat F-in' *meow* baby!!! Valued Senior Member

Yes, I saw that and I agree that the context of the sarcasm seemed good. Could it have just been a lucky hit or maybe a real person intervening initially? I only ask because of all the other responses and this thread don't share that contextual continuity.

It's very possible to test bots against forums to see if they can survive to the point where they can begin spamming. A type of bot that passed that kind of test could be very valuable to sales folks. I can see that as a possible motivation.

I really would not know how to judge a bot on it's "advanced-ness", but what I do notice is a lot of incoherent discrepancy.

13. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Hmmm, do you have a cat?

14. kwhilborn Banned Banned

@ Crunchy-cat,
    This would be a sign of something very advanced and beyond my current understanding of bots. Not the sarcasm part as I think many bots have been programmed with sarcasm, but using ideas in context means a lot of comparison and a huge database.

Programming is very simple, as all programming is simply "if/then" statements. If this is true do that. If that is true do this. There is nothing hard about it. You learn different lights are called different things, but turning a lot of "if/thens" into a functioning personality will be a wonder of the world. I'd be very happy if this were a bot. I'd invest in them.

This person also noticed James R used "Wallace and Grommit" as a picture in his profile. I was not even aware of the names of these characters and perhaps have even misspelled them. That would make it seem too unlikely of a bot. Nice idea though.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2013
  15. joanne300 Registered Member

Hi James, What a hoot, Your people online blow me away. My reply about my Grandson was honest and in fact worring. However I have learnt that I am in a site of strangers who have their own agenda. Forgive my idiocy for not knowing what a
    Sockpuppet or a Spammer or a Spambot is. I looked up on the internet and checked. Please delete me from your forum under the umbrella of just "A complete idiot" Good luck-Joanne

16. Buddha12 Valued Senior Member

And rename you a part time fool.

17. Crunchy Cat F-in' *meow* baby!!! Valued Senior Member

It's cheap to have a huge database nowadays. It sounds like you are a "programmer" of some kind and have tested "bots" before; however, you stated nothing about being an actual AI engineer for bot logic. I can only presume that there are people who are and may be able to produce bots that are far more advanced than your "current understanding".

That view of "programming" simplistic to say the least. Take the following for example:

a = a ^ b;
    b = b ^ a;
    a = a ^ b;

That just accomplished something without using any kind of "if-then" operations. That aside, there is no reason that a linguistic automation program would have to be a big block of "if-then" statements. Would it not be a much better idea to use a neural net data structure that self modifies it's response nodes and pathways in based on user responses?

I saw that as well and "felt" impressed with it at first. James is only using Grommit in his avatar however (Wallace is not in the image) and how this became a "mascot" as joanne stated in the other thread doesn't really fit. It's almost as if James has some metadata reference to wallace and grommit that was scraped out of a page/image associated with his account. Additionally, did you see joanne's latest post? It is referencing specific phrases such as "sockpuppet" and "spambot". Those were not used in this thread or any of the other threads participated in. It's as if some software picked up the word "bot" and then used some associations with it to form an "uh-oh escape plan B" response.