A bit off topic - Religious Studied Degree

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by Thoreau, Dec 11, 2012.

1. Thoreau Valued Senior Member

So, I've decided that I'm going back to school to pursue a B.A. in Religious Studies.

No, I'm not looking to get a career in it. And, I'm not looking for any financial gain by getting it. I know both are unlikely.

I'm going back because I have actively studied world religions since I was 13 (15 years ago). So, I figured that since I have a passion for it, a) school will be relatively easy, compared to someone who knows very little, and b) I'd like to have something to show for my knowledge... even if it just a piece of paper.

My question for you all is this: Has anyone else here attained a B.A. or higher in Religious Studies? If so, what school did you attend, and how did you like it?

I'll be going to Arizona State University (online) starting in the summer. I'm really looking forward to it. It'll be the first time I've been back in school in over 8 years.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. river

Oddly enough I encourage you to do so

The more that study religion and mythology the clearer or more lucid the understanding of what religion actually is, at least I hope so

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.