Human endeavours in the year 2175

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by aaqucnaona, Dec 5, 2012.

1. aaqucnaona This sentence is a lie Valued Senior Member

I have been reading Jared diamond and Alvin Toffler recently and therefore decided to try and predict what humans will be doing around the year 2175. Here is my list, let me know what you think -

Organised with the big fields numbered 1 to 8 in order of influence and importance on culture and daily human life, not of economic power:

1. Personal Sciences
    Psychology, neurology and moral/ethical science.

2. Group sciences
    Sociology, history and culture studies.

3. Traditional sciences
    Maths, Physics, Chemistry, biology, geology, cosmology, engineering, medicine. [+ technological development]

4. Visual arts
    Animation, film-making, web applications, CGI application, video games, virtual and augumented reality and integrative entertainment. [+ popular music]

5. Business and Adminstration
    Economics, production, business management, political theory, law and policing, education, society and consciousness reform.

6. Traditional arts
    Drawing/painting, sculpture, literature, classical music, experimental arts.

7. Explortive endeavours
    Space exploration, world exploration, tourism.

8. Interpretative and radical endeavours
    Philosophy, spiritual and cultural expression, educated crtique and reflections, new social/moral/political/artistic/ideological theories, remnants of religion.

Some predictions:
    1. The renaissance ideals merge with current secular humanist ideals and form the base of the globalised 'internet generation' and thereafter borns' worldviews.
    2. Religion-humanism conflict burns out by 2075 with the collapse of traditional religious denominations of most major religions as their doctrine decompose into culture and traditional quirks.
    3. Major regional conflics have been reduced to minimal, possibily a global currency and an executive empowered UN.
    4. Education and consciousness reforms [like those endeavoured by Sir Ken Robinson] cause most people to try and cause most people to be polymaths, educated in all 8 fields at a young age and further narrowing and deepening their study of one of more careers from one chosen field.

I confess to being a naive novice in this area, so any responses will be greatly appreciated. I can already imagine Fraggle and others discussing and debating this in detail, which will be a valuable learning opportunity for me.

So then, what do you think?

Last edited: Dec 5, 2012
  2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. youreyes amorphous ocean Valued Senior Member

in terms of religions and atheism of 2175 I can tell you this for sure, the conflicts will be widespread between the liberal minded immoral people and highly constructive merciless religious fanatics. Islam is growing and it will become a force, so will the liberal minded everyone is free and equal people.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.