Wave-particle duality is special

Discussion in 'Pseudoscience Archive' started by Genius, Nov 19, 2012.

1. Genius Banned Banned

I say this because it only applies to the microscopic realm.

God is love.

Thoughts?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. origin Heading towards oblivion Valued Senior Member

Single cell organisms live in the microscopic realm.

God is a Paramecium.

Thoughts?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Genius Banned Banned

Yes. Although light can be either wave or particle, it must have only one true underlying nature.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. quantum_wave Contemplating the "as yet" unknown Valued Senior Member

I don't think so. Even though the wave nature of a particle is more evident at the micro level where the wave and particle appear to be completely different states when they display either characteristic, all aggregations of particles right up to the macro realm also very well might display a wave/particle duality. It is just that the wave nature of aggrigegations of particles only display that characteristic particle by particle and as a whole the effect is too small to be meaningful.
    If there is a God, I am perfectly good with that description, and I am glad you are of that inclination since it shows some appreciation of principles and values that you might be finding through your chosen faith.

8. quantum_wave Contemplating the "as yet" unknown Valued Senior Member

I agree with this. Do you care to say what that underlying nature of a wave/particle might be?

9. Genius Banned Banned

Spirit.

10. origin Heading towards oblivion Valued Senior Member

Why? Because you say so? Your ability to comprehend a phenomena is not a requirement of reality.

11. quantum_wave Contemplating the "as yet" unknown Valued Senior Member

No, at least not in any scientific sense. Don't get me wrong, spirit may be the answer, but that goes directly to the Supernatural, and the scientific method does not allow for the Supernatural. My personal view is that anything that seems Supernatural has natural causes that we don't yet understand. Spirit might be one of those seemingly Supernatural things that could be the result of natural laws, but I'm not sure I see how Spirit could be the underlying nature of wave/particle duality. I was looking for something more like an aether or medium that fills all space, or the spacetime continuum,

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

12. brucep Valued Senior Member

That's your opinion and doesn't have anything to do with reality.

13. brucep Valued Senior Member

I should have read your post.

14. brucep Valued Senior Member

You should check the real physics then you won't need to look for something else.

15. brucep Valued Senior Member

Need to end this thread early rather than late.

16. Genius Banned Banned

Prove that Spirit is not real. Obviously you cannot.

17. quantum_wave Contemplating the "as yet" unknown Valued Senior Member

Hopefully you'll be happy to know that this may be the last time I address you directly, but are you saying that if I knew anything about physics and scientific theories I would know what reality was. Are you saying that there are no incompatible, unreconciled, and non-tentative theories out there at all, and if I knew science I wouldn't be looking for what some new member might be thinking? Are you saying that being courteous and discussing threads with the original poster, feeling out their ideas, suggesting scientific alternatives to non-science approaches makes me ignorant of current theory and known physics?

18. quantum_wave Contemplating the "as yet" unknown Valued Senior Member

That isn't the point though. It can't be falsified, but that adds no merit to the concept. One thing you might consider is some way to test your hypothesis. Can Spirit be tested, because that is the step that follows forming an hypothesis like yours.

19. Mazulu Banned Banned

If God or some alien entity or a spiritual entity tampers with the natural laws of physics, and in doing so, a human being witnesses a miracle or some irrational and strange event, how is science supposed to confirm the validity of that event? Do you see the problem? If a ghost appears and spooks a bunch of people, how is science supposed to confirm that it happened? Do you see the problem? If an angel appears to a man and gives the man a message, that angel might excercise just enough supernatural ability to give that man a following who will spread the message. The angel doesn't really need confirmation from a scientific authority. All that angel needs is for the message to get out and get talked about.

God, advanced alien intelligences, ghosts or other netherworld entities might have their own agendas for why they tamper with natures laws. That being the case, it might not be in their interest (or in our interest) to prove to science that they can.

20. quantum_wave Contemplating the "as yet" unknown Valued Senior Member

There isn't anything I can say, lol. You have covered all the bases of non-science; all of your netherworld entities are examples of the Supernatural, fantasy, and conspiracy. Science though is undaunted by all of the irrefutable netherworld actions because science only deals with what we can apply the scientific method to, and if there is no physical evidence, repeatable observations, etc., it is of no concern to science. I guess it is just fine with the scientific community that all of those entities tamper with the natural laws as long as they don't leave any marks or dents. Let them have their fun.

21. Mazulu Banned Banned

UFO enthusiasts (like me) often refer to the UFO encounters that took place in and around the nuclear missile silos back in the 1980's. There were some high ranking military personell who were witnesses. They saw white-orange glowing saucers that dripped light; they saw geometric shapes made of light.

I remember back in the 1970's, when I was a kid, we were receiving communications from aliens. They were talking about environmentalism.

Message from ET: "Hey! Pick up your room!"

22. brucep Valued Senior Member

You prove it's real. My opinion is it's not real. It's a figment of your imagination. It certainly has nothing to do with wave particle duality regardless whether you think it's obvious that it does. If you want to discuss your personal religious beliefs post in the appropriate sector of the forum.

23. brucep Valued Senior Member

I don't care whether you address me or not. Religion isn't an Alternative or any other type of theory. It makes no testable predictions regarding 'spirit' or any other real or mythological phenomena. Certainly has nothing to do with wave particle duality.

You said:"I was looking for something more like an aether or medium that fills all space, or the spacetime continuum." Learn some real physics and you can round file your search. Why feed this troll?