Isn't time that Humanity was more important than any religion

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by river, Nov 11, 2012.

1. river

well isn't it ?

is not Humanity more important than any god ?

I think so

it is time to find our own destiny

thoughts

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Balerion Banned Banned

I agree completely. The monotheistic religions are all out-of-date pseudo-philosophies that should be ignored in favor of humanism. Such movements are gaining ground, so don't fret. Religiosity in the west is waning.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. arauca Banned Banned

Most of the humanity are not following any God And they are following their own destiny, and You are not going to tell me what should I follow, I choose mi destiny . So what are you preaching

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. arauca Banned Banned

Would you please explain what is humanism in detail. Is there any guide book or rules ?

8. river

I'm not preaching so much as I'm just trying to see if we get our priorities straight

Humanity NEEDS to believe in its self in order to surive and not be manipulated by any religion that preaches otherwise

agreed

9. arauca Banned Banned

Would you explain how would that help us to survive , How do you perceive that we are destroying our self ?
    But before I would like someone to tell us what are the humanity direction

10. Balerion Banned Banned

I didn't mean it in any specific sense, more the general idea of morality based on secularism.

11. arauca Banned Banned

What sort of morality would you advocate ?

12. Balerion Banned Banned

The same our society values today. Equality across the board, taking care of one another, etc..

13. arauca Banned Banned

So there is no difference between what you advocate end the basic Christian value .

14. Balerion Banned Banned

Right, except equality and taking care of one another...

Or are you telling me now that Christians believe non-believers and, say, homosexuals are equal to them? That women are equal to men?

News to me.

15. arauca Banned Banned

My wife is my partner , I like and love her like my old slipper. I supported my homosexual brother in lav for 2 years , I accept all human beings , but thet does not mean that I have to accept homosexual advertisement

16. Balerion Banned Banned

I don't see why homosexual "advertisement" is any different than heterosexual advertisement, but the point is that if you treat your brother-in-law as if he isn't some dirty sinner, then you aren't staying true to Christian values. In fact, by accepting all human beings, you're directly contradicting Christian values.

And you didn't answer my question. Is your wife your equal? Do you see your gay in-law as your equal?

17. arauca Banned Banned

I see my homosexual brother in law as a human being . I don't care for his orientation at the end he is releasable for his behavior. Beside my brother in law is going to be an ordained Catholic priest.He is to old to screw around he is going to be 60 years old
    About contradicting my Christian belief. no , Jesus said love thy fellow man as your self . So if we Christian don't practice such teaching we should not call our self Christian.

18. Balerion Banned Banned

Jesus also refused to help a woman until she agreed to submit to him and accept him as Lord. He also saw no problem with slavery. Clearly, "love thy neighbor" did not extend to sinners and non-believers.

What does "releasable for his behavior" mean?

19. arauca Banned Banned

We don't know the exact reason why he said why take away from the children and give to dogs , but the end he did cured her daughter. There was a other incident were he healed a centurions ( Roman ) servant Jesus did not asked questions, so is difficult to understand the reason .

releasable = responsible , my error

20. Balerion Banned Banned

Yes, after she submitted to him. So, again, the message was "Unless you're on board with me, get bent."

[/quote]There was a other incident were he healed a centurions ( Roman ) servant Jesus did not asked questions, so is difficult to understand the reason .[/QUOTE]

He healed the slave as a favor to the centurion, who professed faith by asking Jesus to heal him, even though he (the centurion) was a servant. In other words, he didn't do it for the slave's sake, he did it for the centurion, and then only because the centurion kissed his ass.

21. lightgigantic Banned Banned

Ok
    here's your destiny :

Your molars rot.
    The good news is that if you are an important human being (amongst humanity that has just been given an increased "important" aspect) you will be able to afford false teeth.

IOW humanity remains conditioned.
    Granted that atheism tries in a myriad of ways to present that as not being a problem but its a far cry to suddenly expect the world to suddenly fall to their knees on their say so

22. Balerion Banned Banned

In order to be worth believing, a worldview must make promises of eternal health and wellness? So, essentially, your faith is like a nightlight, or a binky?

And atheism doesn't try to say that rotting molars aren't a problem. Getting old sucks, and mortality is a depressing reality. Atheists simply don't believe that praying to some imaginary skydaddy solves those problems.

23. lightgigantic Banned Banned

its more the case that its the nature of our attachment/desire that we wish it to be everlasting, persevering and everfresh and this world is ephemeral and chaotic.
    IOW there is an irrevocable dilemma to existence that cannot be solved by any amount of technological advancement , drug use, daytime television or individual or collective belief in the "powers" of humanity

sure
    which leaves them with not only attachment to things which will shortly cease to exist but also a state that will shortly cease to exist - so rather than praying to the so-called sky daddy (ie adopting a transcendental world view that actually explains why enjoyment in this world is necessarily contextualized by suffering) they are instead sold the notion of "ok you are not happy now, but you will be in the future" ... or if they are at the "molar rotting" stage of their attachments they alternatively adopt a sort of neo-buddhist nihilism of "sit-down-and-do-nothing-because-action-and-ego-cause-pain-and-suffering".

:shrug: