Past ALIEN's

Discussion in 'Pseudoscience Archive' started by R1D2, Oct 4, 2012.

1. R1D2 many leagues under the sea. Valued Senior Member

Aliens seem to have permeated our "imagination".
    Some may be believable. Some may be far to super far fetched.

The Bible claimed a man was swallowed by a whale. 3 days later was spit up alive. Some proclaim that "whale" to be a alien submarine.
    There are "mythological" creatures. Some say are alien hybrids.
    There are texts from India that talk of flying chariots.

What are Aliens doing in our past? What were they doing or what were they up to? With all these alien stories. And others how could we really form a history of Earth? Why if they were in contact with us before they don't stop and say hey an make contact like before?
    Please add your theories an opinions.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Read-Only Valued Senior Member

Simple - because they've never been here before.

Ever notice just how many of those old fables involved flying? It's because mankind has always had a fascination with flying, all the way back well before recorded history. And besides looking like fun, flying has always signified aloofness, freedom - and most importantly - POWER.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Promo Registered Senior Member

Do you believe we are the only form of intelligent life in the universe?

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Read-Only Valued Senior Member

Nope, never said that and never will.

8. Promo Registered Senior Member

I wasn't trying to suggest you said one way or the other. I was just asking you a question.

9. Neverfly Banned Banned

Is there any evidence that we aren't?
    To step in on what you asked someone else;

I don't believe we're the only intelligent life in the Universe. As big as this damned thing is, it just seems absurd to think we're the only ones.

However, I don't see any viable evidence we've been visited, are being visited or are likely to be visited any time soon. While we may not be the only ones, we are the only ones we know of and likely the only ones in reasonable distance.

208 million years ago, incredible animals roamed the surface of the Earth. 65 million years ago, they were massively wiped out- the net population of Earth reduced to a handful of survivors.
    Time is a very important factor- with billions of years to play with, intelligent species can come and go in our galaxy alone and we may never hit the timing to exist in the same timeframe of any of those civilizations.
    You say this as if there's any credible evidence that aliens are in our past.

10. Promo Registered Senior Member

I don’t think we are the only “Race” in the universe and the curious side of me wants to believe that we have “aliens” come and visit us all the time. Although I realize they probably don’t come visit us.

Remember always bring a towel.

11. Read-Only Valued Senior Member

No problem.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

I was just trying to emphasize that I doubt we're alone in the universe.

12. Mazulu Banned Banned

It sounds like you're arguing that flying machines don't exist for the simple reason that they are fun and signify aloofness, freedom and power. I see this argument from the intellectual community all the time. If someone claims to see a phenomena that looks like fun, but the technology doesn't exist, then that person must be delusional. UFO's (flying saucers) are a technology used for interplanetary travel. We don't have that technology. At least not yet. It doesn't mean that someone else doesn't have it. It doesn't mean that ET doesn't use it to come here.

13. Read-Only Valued Senior Member

Egad! You are certainly one BIG goofy, egotistical crank!!! Get lost, jack - I've NO interest in your stupidity!

14. Mazulu Banned Banned

Don't be a pinhead.

15. R1D2 many leagues under the sea. Valued Senior Member

Hey now, now no bickering. Ok. I said to please add you theorys an opinions. Mazulu is simply doing so.

16. tashja Registered Senior Member

Do you believe in past Aliens, R1D2?

17. Neverfly Banned Banned

Race? Are you saying there are Humans elsewhere in the Universe?

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

The statements made deal with the reason why many people are quick to chalk up "unidentified" to "Alien visitors." It's quite a stretch and one can easily wonders what causes a person to jump to such a wild conclusion.

Just because a normal average person can be delusional does not mean they suffer insanity and require extensive therapy. Everyone gets a little delusional, sometimes. What gets peoples attention is when a person doesn't clear their head and stop being delusional.

18. Read-Only Valued Senior Member

I'm not bickering. My objection is based on the fact that Mazulu IS a crank and a kook - he stands condemned by his own words. Not only does he know practically nothing about modern physics he also claims to talk with aliens! There's no theory in THAT, just proof-positive that he's a genuine fruitcake!!

19. Mazulu Banned Banned

Because "provable" reality is so damn stressful.
    What happens if I embrace only "provable" reality? Do I win a prize?

OK, here is my opinion. I think that space-aliens exist. In fact, I think there are spiritual extraterrestrials that are interacting with the planet earth. I think that these are two communications from ET.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nu0PGd-IVNI
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aODRHQ-c4z4&feature=related

I admit that I don't have any hard evidence. I don't have an Ashtar command spaceship parked in my back yard. So how do I know that the Galactic Federation of Light and Ashtar are real? Let me put it to you this way.

If I believe they exist: result--> I get warm and fuzzy feelings. I get telepathic communication. I feel healed emotionally and spiritually. I feel like life has some purpose and order to it.

If I require hard evidence for their existence: result--> I get stress. I get this feeling of being abandoned by a universe that doesn't care anyway. I get lots and lots of negative feelings. I get anxiety. Oh, and I don't get a prize for believing only in what I can prove.

By the way, they do exist.

20. Read-Only Valued Senior Member

See what I mean, R1D2? This joker is completely off his rocker. Even "delusional" isn't a strong enough word to describe his condition.

21. Neverfly Banned Banned

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

It's called being a critical thinker. The only prize you get is the ability to weed out B.S. in life- which can come in quite handy.
    I've heard this same claim made about religion. They believe in it because they LIKE it- it makes them feel good. Maybe there is something wrong with me; but that doesn't seem valid at all.

Now, you have every right to believe what you believe. And you truthfully admit you have no evidence and that it's a personal belief you want to hold.
    That's fine with me.

You start trying to convince others of these spiritual aliens that will whisper sweet nothings in your ear on the other hand and suddenly, it's not fine with me anymore.
    Again, you're speaking of your personal feelings to justify your belief. Still doesn't seem valid.
    I don't stress whether the universe cares or not- I care plenty all for myself.
    I don't feel abandoned by God or by aliens. I don't get all this negativity anymore than I would if I believed that fairies give money for my teeth only to find it wasn't real. Or Santa Clause. The arguments you just made apply to the Easter Bunny and Santa and the Tooth Fairy just as easily. It is a personal appeal to emotion and a fallacy.

And this is something you believe in. I do not- and I would require evidence to believe in it. And for now- I'm not stressing about it at all.

I agree that I believe his beliefs are delusion. However, I also believe in his right to believe and to express his beliefs (As beliefs) freely.
    He deserves a credible response.

22. Read-Only Valued Senior Member

I'm not opposed to that. The thing is that he's had all this explained to him DOZENS of times - credible responses - in his silly thread about the ether and generating gravity electronically by shifting the frequency of a beam of light (also sheer nonsense).

But NOW he's jumping into other threads and spreading the same garbage! So, no - he most certainly does NOT deserve anything at all beyond shaming and ridicule of his insane thinking.

On the other hand - getting away from "deserving" - what he NEEDS is professional mental help with his delusions.

23. Neverfly Banned Banned

He's not brought his "hypothesis" of gravity machines into this thread--- yet. I saw him pull it (out of place) into another thread so I don't doubt he's not above doing so.
    His post here was on topic. It's what R1D2 asked for.

Read Only- allow me to clarify- I don't disagree with the frustration nor with the problem of spewing hogwash from one thread into another thread. I know that you and many others have been dispelling his poor understanding of science for a long while. Makes one want to pull his hair out by the roots.
    I'm merely pointing out that Mazulu is currently On Topic even if you or I find his beliefs to be... Far fetched.

In fact, his own post brought his beliefs more into question than anything anyone else could have said. He confirmed his own emotional desire to believe in such things. Many hard core believers need to be hogtied and waterboarded to get them to admit it.