The Afterlife?

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by Lady, Oct 11, 2002.

1. Lady Banned Banned

The purpose of this topic is to investigate & learn what people of different religions & cults expect after death.
    I've been cursed a couple of times for following the teachings of the Bible, a book which speaks of two possible destinations:

** Heaven(seventh dimension) a blissful dwelling place of God& angelic beings. A place in which human beings who overcome Satan & his angel's are granted the( ultimate power) of Infinity.

**Hell(fifth dimension) outerdarkness; terrifying place of imprsionment for those who rejected salvation. A place of destructive fire and brimstome orginally created for Satan & his angel's.

As I mentioned before I am curious on what you expect after death?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Adam §Þ@ç€ MØnk€¥ Registered Senior Member

Well... I'm not sure. I don't really expect anything after death. Maybe there is nothing, maybe something. I'm quite content to wait and see, or not, as the case may be.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. notme2000 The Art Of Fact Registered Senior Member

I expect to return where I came from. Nothingness. I don't think I'll ever know it's over. I'll know I'm dying, and that will be my last thought. I'll never think "I'm dead, now what?". That's what I'm expecting... Imagine if I was proven wrong, what a feeling that would be!

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. LACLY Registered Member

Lady, it's unfortunate to hear that you've been cursed for your beliefs.<p>I neither believe nor disbelieve in the presence of the afterlife. We simple humans couldn't possibly know everything, and I expect that we'll know the truth when the time comes. Personally, I think it would be sad if you were immediately transported to some fantastic paradise upon your demise. Your loved ones would be left behind, struggling in the physical world. <p>I think that the belief of the Seventh Day Adventists is inspiring: that you go into a state of "hibernation" until the day when all souls are united. I don't know much about the Seventh Day Adventist religion, so I won't be able to answer any questions any of you may have. It just happens that I attended funeral services at an SDA church.