Earth Quake Trends - reason for concern?

Discussion in 'Pseudoscience Archive' started by Quantum Quack, Sep 1, 2012.

1. Quantum Quack Life's a tease... Valued Senior Member

Another Earthquake has stuck off the coast of the Philippines at 7.2 magnitude over night.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2012-08-31/tsunami-warning-issued-after-quake-hits-off-philippines/4237556?WT.mc_id=newsmail

Below are two screen shots of graphs generated for what appears to be a reputable data source.
    http://earthquake.usgs.gov/regional/neic/
    extrapolated by:
    http://research.dlindquist.com/quake/

The images clearly demonstate to me a recent trend that is rather concerning.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

All quakes / Ave magnitude 1973 ~08/2012
    =============

All quakes/Average Strength 1973 ~08/2012
    =============

the graphing software allows various renderings of USA Geological data and can be accessed using this link:
    http://research.dlindquist.com/quake/historical/?mag=0&type=num&freq=year&style=raw

care to comment?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Gerhard Kemmerer Banned Banned

I anticipated quakes in Australia, including central Oz, following the unusual wet season.

After the central quake, I wrote a letter to the ABC, predicting an increase in earthquakes in Australia, and why they are occuring in areas not associated with named causes.

Weeks later we had a quake in Melbourne.

I am still waiting for the quake which will register above 7 on the Richter scale this year, and expect it to be on the eastern side of Oz, north NSW, SE Qld.

My letter may have been considered alarmist and publically inappropriate, hence not published. Which is quite understandable, considering that science has no 'evidence' for such predictions.

Although earthquakes have specific causes denied by common science, I cannot explain the increase in quakes from natural causes only.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Quantum Quack Life's a tease... Valued Senior Member

OH absolutey The ABC only wants to create it's own scarey stories based on it's own agenda...
    The small quake in country Victoria recently was quite extrordinary.. I've lived here 52 years and never heard of such a thing...

If the trend continues as it appears we should start to see earthquakes at various gobal places every day [about 6/7mag] after the end of September I reckon..at a quick guess.
    Also 14th of Novemeber in Cairns is a fairly rare complete solar eclipse, with a shadow tracking centrally, right across the tectonic plate where Yasi started. Given the sensitivities it could be quite interesting.

nor do they know what the Eridanas Void is nor the Dark flow phenonema they recorded is...
    sometimes it's just best not to know... after all what can they do about it... jacksh*t!!

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Quantum Quack Life's a tease... Valued Senior Member

Latest screen shot of Earthquake data including latest Philippine quake:

refer: http://research.dlindquist.com/quake/historical/?mag=6&type=avgstrength&freq=year&style=nonlinear
    03/09/2012
    [with out added large font text - arrows]

Now considering that this is showing results for 8 months of this year with 4 months to go, it doesn't take a math guru to work out where this is heading...
    for the year 2012 add half as much again for the predicted 2012 result..assuming no acceleration beyond the trend and the actual event tiiming remains evenly spread.

8. Quantum Quack Life's a tease... Valued Senior Member

News just in:
    Another major quake this time Costa Rica M 7.6 - no tsunami

for details:
    http://thewatchers.adorraeli.com/2012/09/05/massive-7-6-magnitude-earthquake-hit-costarica/

9. Robittybob1 Banned Banned

Earth cooling > volume contraction > more massive subduction earthquakes. Is that series of events the cause?

10. Quantum Quack Life's a tease... Valued Senior Member

11. Quantum Quack Life's a tease... Valued Senior Member

ref: http://thewatchers.adorraeli.com/2012/09/03/new-eruptive-phase-powerful-explosions-krakatau-volcano-indonesia/

12. MacGyver1968 Fixin' Shit that Ain't Broke Valued Senior Member

Dude...it's HAARP. They totally cause earthquakes. Either that, or God has a case of hemorrhoids and is a little cranky.

13. Quantum Quack Life's a tease... Valued Senior Member

I haven't posted solar information yet so I think HAARP conspiracies/facts may be a bit trivial.
    The reason I haven't posted solar info is that I can not verify or confirm sources ....yet...due to information availability issues

14. MacGyver1968 Fixin' Shit that Ain't Broke Valued Senior Member

It was a joke, dude. All of the nutters think HAARP is the cause of pretty much all natural disasters...including the earthquake in Japan and Haiti.

Did you know one of the signs of mental illness is the lack of ability to detect sarcasm and humor?

15. Quantum Quack Life's a tease... Valued Senior Member

yep...[frowns]:bugeye:
    I would not be too quick to discount HAARP conspiracies entirely... remember Reagen promoted the SDI or Star Wars program way back in 1983... two years later and the Soviet Union was finished...cold war over... hmmm... smell a rat yes? I do... from what I have learned since there is no defense against the orbital offensive use of weapons. due to the effect of our global magnetic field [EMP effects amplified signifcantly]

16. MacGyver1968 Fixin' Shit that Ain't Broke Valued Senior Member

Yes. They can also use it to steer hurricanes, and cause draughts. It's so cool! It's like the swiss army knife of destruction. Man...that was kick ass use of my tax dollars.

17. Quantum Quack Life's a tease... Valued Senior Member

and what is even more absurd..... you are going to love this as it is so far fetched... the technology for HAARP predates the ancient pharohs of Egypt by about 2500 years.... now aint that a hoot!:m:

apparently , now get this it is so funny... found in a Soma Cave in the alps in Bulgaria during the communist regime. Now that is really funny ... Bulgarian djedi warriors.......ha ha makes you want to cry it is so weird. But wait....... theres more... not only do you get the......

yeah they used your dollars sure but who exactly are they? [chuckle] Got to love a good conspiracy....

18. MacGyver1968 Fixin' Shit that Ain't Broke Valued Senior Member

19. Quantum Quack Life's a tease... Valued Senior Member

And the other really funny thing about all this is that "THEY" don't know or realise that when you screw around with "Mom" Earth using their technology, "DAD" our sun [star] can get really upset... like big time... and wipe out all satelite structures and half the planets surface in a blink of an eye.
    it is so absurd but you know the'old saying, truth can be stranger than fiction.... sigh!

20. MacGyver1968 Fixin' Shit that Ain't Broke Valued Senior Member

Who is "They"?

21. Quantum Quack Life's a tease... Valued Senior Member

nahh! of course it is(nt).... hmmmmmm....

there is a technique similar which is used frequently and that is to publish something that only the person who knows the truth will be able to see and understand. The author is prepared to get egg on face so that a message is delivered.
    In other words a form of crytographic messaging using the public fora.... I have used this technique often and even admitted to it on many occassions.
    The silent "You know who you are!" routine.

22. Quantum Quack Life's a tease... Valued Senior Member

they know who they are!!!!!
    and they really need to take note of the following cryptic quote:
    see works a treat...only one problem

shhh! they need to exist to read it....[chuckle]

seriously you don't really want or need to know and as I said DAD aint too happy at the moment and the question may become moot.

23. MacGyver1968 Fixin' Shit that Ain't Broke Valued Senior Member

"They" know who they are? what kind of answer is that? Are we talking about the Illuminati, or the Bilderbergs, or the Jews, or the reptilians from the moon? So who is after you?