Does this particle pressupose existence of "subtle body"?...

Discussion in 'Pseudoscience Archive' started by Alexander1304, Aug 20, 2012.

1. Alexander1304 Registered Senior Member

Hello all,
    Recently,I've been at one forum discussinig the mind/body problem and "hard problem of conciousness".Well,there one one person who claimed that existence of "mirror matter" is the most likely resolution for mind/body problem. But he used the quotation about "mirror photons" proposed by Bob Holdom,here:
    "According to Bob Holdom, of the University of Toronto, says that photons and mirror photons, (along with other particles and their mirror counterparts) can change into each other through the exchange of a "Holdom force" particle, or H particle. Mirror photons, in theory, can interact with regular photons. However, the mirror photon can not interact with any charged particle, it can only interact with its neutral counterpart, the regular photon."Following that, he concluded that Holdom's solutioin presupposes the existence of "subtle body".But is it logical conclusion?
    Any thoughts?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. origin Heading towards oblivion Valued Senior Member

This sounds almost identical to a post you make about 1 year ago. The answer is still no (to all the questions). Check back in August of 2013 to see if there are any changes.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Alexander1304 Registered Senior Member

Thanks,origin.
    In another link it is stated that :"interactions between mirror and ordinary matter can only ever exist between particles with no electric charge. One such particle with zero electric charge is the photon. So mirror photons are permitted to converse with ordinary photons."

http://www.h2g2.com/entry/A1164052

I wonder,what kind of body would it be/how it would function if it consists only of particles with zero electric charge ...

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. quantum_wave Contemplating the "as yet" unknown Valued Senior Member

One scenario of consciousness: Consciousness is under pinned by the physical senses. The external stimulus received by the senses is transmitted as electrical impulses that are disseminated through the various nerve pathways and to the various locations in the brain that stores them as inputs. That part of the process requires no conscious thought except in the cases where we have learned to direct our senses toward a specific stimulus. The senses and the pathways and the storage are natural equipment born into us, and that are sensitive to the external stimulus that activates them, i.e. light, sound, touch, taste and smell, each having a location in the brain as the terminus of the nerve paths that are activated and employed by the external stimulus without any conscious effort. Eureka, our brain fills up with data all by itself.*

The consciousness that emerges is a learned response. It is learned because our brain has and holds the input data and our body has needs and wants. We naturally learn the mental ability of thought. We learn it by trial and error. As we learn to use the ability of thought our brain displays the processing of thoughts through electrical impulses which we perceive as consciousness. That display is a stimulated response as the various storage portions of the brain that hold the sensory data emit electrical impulses in conjunction with the stimulus of thought.

The brain storage locations can be stimulated from both the sensory input sources and the learned thought processes, and thus can both receive data (sensory input) and respond to data requests (thoughts).

What role does Holdom suggest his mirror photons play in that scenario of consciousness?

8. Alexander1304 Registered Senior Member

Since both me and Holdom live ind Toronto,I called him directly to find out...I haven't ask about consciousness,but he himself didn't express the view that his particle/theory presuppose "subtle body"